Fanboys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fanboys Reviews

½ March 18, 2017
this movie represents perfectly how every fanboy of any movie feels when something new about it comes out
½ February 6, 2017
If, like the titular characters, you are a Star Wars super nerd, definitely give Fanboys a crack, otherwise, don't bother.
January 8, 2017
Stoner Movie about Star Wars Fans who beat up Trekkies...! How can it not be fun!
December 18, 2016
Fun, frank, and consistently watchable. For all its narrative flaws, this is a truly entertaining road comedy.
September 16, 2016
Fanboys(2009)
Starring:Sam Huntington, Chris Marquette, Dan Fogler, Jay Baruchel, Kristen Bell, Seth Rogen, William Shatner, Carrie Fisher, Ethan Suplee, Christopher McDonald, Danny Trejo, Billy Dee Williams, Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, Zak Knutson, Ray Park, Danny McBride, and Allie Grant
Directed By:Kyle Newman
Review
THE SAGAS BIGGEST FANS ON THE GALAXIES GREATEST MISSION
NEVER TELL THE ODDS
You know this movie defines my life in a nutshell, just a bunch of geeky ass fanboys wanting to see Star Wars movies, who love star wars and would probably do something like this if any one of us, was dying of cancer. I have never even been to a midnight screening for a Star Wars flick, but when that day comes I'm going to remember this movie because I am a Fanboy.
The film revolves around a bunch of Star Wars fanboys Eric, Linus, Hutch, Windows and one fangirl named Zoe, when they find out Linus is diagnosed with cancer they all band together to complete a dream they had ever since they were in high school to go to the Skywalker Ranch so they can all watch Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace before it's release.
I found this to be a love letter to any star wars fan or any fanboy in particular cause the characters pursue this movie because Star Wars is their passion and they all want to watch it together because it's what brought them together in the first place. Any fan of Marvel, Dc, Anime, and especially Star Wars would want to do this with their friends if they found out one was dying or was sick.
The thing that sticks out to me most in the film are all the cameos, Eric as a character, windows,and all the absurdity of this mission they have dedicated themselves too, the film also pokes fun at Star Trek and I found that to be a lot of fun considering I like both franchises but I like Star Wars a lot better of course.
As you can probably already tell I love the story for this film about a group of friends going to the Skywalker Ranch to see episode I before their friends passing, cause as a fan of Star Wars should feel during this picture is warm in the heart by doing everything you can to watch a film to a franchise you love before your friend passes away, that is touching. Because every Star Wars fan would want to see it before it's release.
The movie does achieve it's goal cause when I laughed, I laughed really hard, but it didn't make laugh too much in the film but the things that kept me entertained were the characters, the situations, overall story and cameos.
The performances are not all that great either I did like most of them, however I didn't like Danny McBride, Seth Rogen, or David Denman. I enjoyed everyone else but my favorite performances have to be from Sam Huntington and Jay Baruchel.
The direction was surprisingly good but isn't great work, the film is just carried by the performances and great writing by Ernest Cline, Adam F. Goldberg, and Dan Pulick.
The film as a whole does come together for me, I've noticed a lot of people don't like this movie but you know what I'm not ashamed to say I freaking love this film,it has some really great funny moments while very few numbers,it has good performances, it has great writing and I am THE FANBOY, so you know what, I love this film, I give Fanboys a four out of five.
August 22, 2016
I loved Fanboys! Just a light hearted funny movie for us nerd loving dorks :)
July 27, 2016
This movie is an ABOMINATION! Not ounly does it belittle Star Trek fans with the character of Adiral Seasholtz(Seth Rogen), but it excuses its main protagonist BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW. Those Starwoid ASSHOLES literally STARTED their fight with the Star Trek dudes by refusing serv ice to them calling them "Kirk-loving Spock Suckers" and barging into Riverside, Iowa to antagonize the local Trekkers. Plus those rotten little snowflakes committed the three crimes of VANDALISM, SPEEDING, and TRESPASSING and got out of trouble easy for it! This movie has no emphasis on having ANY reality to your life since its main protagonists are celebrated for thinking that the FANTASY of Star Wars saturation is more important than REALITY, SICK!
½ May 31, 2016
Middling laughs, but it's heart is in the right place.
½ May 11, 2016
It's meant to be a heartfelt tribute to dedicated sci-fi fanboys but only further supports the tired, obnoxious stereotypes already associated with geeks and nerds. I'm doubtful most intelligent film fanatics will appreciate being referred to as socially-inept virgins. Seth Rogen does earn points for working double time as both a Russian (?) pimp and an outrageous Trekkie clan leader.
April 11, 2016
Tiene su corazón, pero se pierde en una marea llena de chicles de perdedores que resulta ser divertidas por momentos, pero su gracia desaparece rápidamente.
½ March 29, 2016
Grade: D+. It was whatever. There were a couple laughs here and there, but for the most part, nothing great happened.
March 16, 2016
It's kind of affectionate and has some funny moments, and it certainly has this infectious, dedicated love for all things Star Wars, but otherwise it's just a crude, horny mess.
I enjoyed the Seth Rogen cameos, though.

SIDE NOTE: Hiccup/Anna shippers might be amused by the romance subplot.
January 7, 2016
Watch it if you're a Star Wars fan, you'll enjoy the references.
December 29, 2015
This movie looks really funny if your a fan of kevin smith movies or comics in general
½ December 17, 2015
Star Wars fans might find something to like in this, but I didn't enjoy it. The characters were mostly irritating, and the humour quite uninspired. It does pick up a little bit towards the end, when we see a slew of cameos. I know this film has been muddled with a lot by the producers, so I don't know what the original cut would have been like - but this one's a Menace.
½ December 15, 2015
Seemed like a fitting movie to watch two days before a new Star Wars movie comes out! A silly, nerdy movie that knows it's not very good but will make you laugh...as long as you've seen Star Wars to get all the references. Good fun.
½ December 8, 2015
Not so bad for real. And is a movie you must rewatch if it makes you remember those awesome episodes of The Big Bang Theory (coz that's what came to my head) and also coz Star Wars Force Awakens (VII) is right aroung the corner...but please, don't be a freak (be a loyal fan, but not a fanatic). Just saying...
August 18, 2015
Star Wars fanatics will love this. I enjoyed it, but anyone else will roll there eyes.
June 24, 2015
One of my favorite comedies of all time