Fast & Furious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast & Furious Reviews

½ August 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to care about the characters by the time Fast & Furious, the fourth film in the franchise, comes along, but I don't. The Paul/Vin bromance felt bland and I might have even felt some joy when they killed a certain character off. The car chase scenes were also lackluster. When do these movies get fun?
½ July 29, 2017
It was great to see Paul Walker and Vin Diesel again, but once again it has a bad plot and the new characters are not that great but the action scene are pretty good.

5.0/10
½ July 23, 2017
I liked it, it was kind of in the middle, it's fine but, it needs to try harder. But I liked it.
July 21, 2017
It's OK but 5 stars cause its fast and furious
June 20, 2017
Haters gonna hate, but dis waz the shiznit
½ June 16, 2017
It took the studio 8 years to finally bring back its charismatic leads that made the first one more enjoyable than it should've been. They just forgot to make a fun trash script and made a story that is way to serious for the ridiculousness of its premise about driving fast with no consequences at all.
½ June 11, 2017
Like the other entries in the franchise, Fast and Furious brings the action but skimps on the story.
½ June 2, 2017
same old same from a fast and furious film.
½ May 24, 2017
Still cheesy and kinda generic, but it's a step up from the last two and decent enough to satisfy considering this is the fourth installment.
May 10, 2017
They're back. With most of the original cast returning for the fourth film in the series with a decent story and great action, this movie has some really good heart pounding car stunts and really awesome fight scenes.
Dom's charger makes another appearance and Brian has another Skyline not as good as the last one but still awesome
The music is tolerable and the acting is solid
This movie is really good. I don't understand the hate, yes the film is a tad slow but the ending makes up for it.
April 13, 2017
Fast & Furious is fun to watch as long as you don't think about it. Once you think about it you stop enjoying it.
½ April 13, 2017
ugh this was embarrassing.
April 13, 2017
Great film and the ending is not that good but the overall it's a great film in my opinion if already not you should watch it
April 12, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Fast and Furious nos ofrece increíbles escenas de acción acompañada de un propósito fijo, que nos asegura unos claros minutos de entrtenimiento.
April 11, 2017
With a few meandering and unproductive features, 'Fast & Furious' takes the series to new grounds. Bringing back familiar faces but finally implementing some much needed emotional depth, the fourth installment was the best of the franchise to that date.

Back after a short hiatus are Vin Diesel and Paul Walker playing Dom Toretto and Brian O'Connor respectively. Not that the previous two films were entirely pointless, but Dom and Brian are the heart of the films. Without them, you don't get the same feeling of family and meaningful relationships. 'Fast & Furious' may not feature the high-octane stunts and action that its successors do, but it brought the series back to being about family, and particularly the drama that sometimes goes on between family.

O'Connor is miraculously back to being an FBI agent after betraying their trust multiple times in the past, but with this series that type of stuff doesn't matter. Toretto is on the run once again since he went missing following the events of the first film. As ridiculous as it is to see Brian once again after Dom, I feel like it was the one last obstacle these two needed before they gained back each other's trust. Once they do, the film takes off. I love all the tension between Brian, Dom, and Mia, especially knowing where all of them end up. But I also love watching the cast drive insanely fast cars at ridiculous speeds and wreck every bit of them. The fourth film still tries to tell a lame undercover racing/drug/crime story with its villain, but the rest of it is a hell of a ride.

The supporting cast includes the likes of Michelle Rodriguez, Gal Gadot, Sung Kang, Jordana Brewster, and John Ortiz. The latter plays the villainous Campos and probably has the most depth and/or personality out of any previous F&F antagonist. Rodriguez is back as Letty, who's death (being a central plotline to the film) is probably the most complicated and convoluted death I've ever seen from any franchise, and I'm still not sure I know exactly what happened.

Overall, Fast & Furious progressed the series back to its Toretto vs O'Connor roots, but managed to finally give us the balance of emotion and action that we've wanted. It also happens to be the film that set up what is now more of a heist franchise than it is full of big muscles and muscle cars.

+Dom & Brian

+Finally balances emotion and action

+Supporting cast is written and acted very well

-Letty's death & Brian's time with the FBI is still puzzling

8.2/10
April 11, 2017
Anche se è tornato il cast originale e non c'è stato un cambiamento registico, il film non riesce a trasmettere niente, diventando il peggiore della serie finora. La trama è più difficile di quello che mi aspetterei da un film del genere, complicando il tutto e aggiungendo dettagli inutili. Di conseguenza, ne risente l'intrattenimento generale e il filo logico degli eventi: troppo spesso ho storto il naso per incoerenze narrative e scelte di sceneggiatura discutibili. Anche se ormai il mio interesse è tendente a zero, speriamo almeno che nei prossimi capitoli riescano ad aggiungere qualcosa di nuovo e rinfrescare una serie che dopo i primi 4 film comincia a decadere.
½ April 10, 2017
The movie that put life back in the franchise by bringing back fan favorites Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. 73/100
jamrcla
½ April 10, 2017
Although the future films have eclipsed this film in every way we have to praise this film as the plan before this movie came out was to make straight to DVD sequels but thanks to Vin Diesel he got the original cast back and the rest is history, The film is the first to change gears (Pun intended) and focus on more crime/action than anything else, There's still street races but they take a backseat in this one (No pun intended) The story is nothing new but it had the odd twist to keep it entertaining, The action was pretty fun and the car chases were brilliant, It's not the first one in the franchise you will think of when you hear Fast & Furious but it's the one that breathes new life into the franchise.
April 2, 2017
3/27/2017: A pretty good film with a good story. Pretty much what you would expect from the series.