Ferdinand - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferdinand Reviews

November 8, 2018
This movie is completely fine. C/C+
½ November 6, 2018
Just wonderful for both adults and children!
½ October 29, 2018
It's amazing how they made john cena literally into a bull, but the man truly is showing he's the next best thing to come out of wwe. Easy family affair with a good story and tons of heart, but not much else.
October 28, 2018
Love the story line was very cute
October 28, 2018
Despite its best efforts, Ferdinand is forgettable and too childish for a grownup audience to enjoy. The story is predicable and the animation is disappointing in comparison to other animated movies recently released. My favorite thing about Ferdinand was Nick Jonas' song Home that plays as the credits role.
October 25, 2018
katlany be yoter! ohev et ze!
October 18, 2018
Wonderful and delightful story as I was surprised by this one
½ September 30, 2018
Fun and heartwarming throughout.
½ September 18, 2018
uituiuyuy yu it it it it uyuu UT u yu y ky I y hu y yu it yu too Yuri ky tthru yr rte
September 16, 2018
May not be entirely humanistic as first thought when only mostly through the graceful approach to the subject, the film managed to exceed expectations, despite the formulaic predictability and communication, in inviting quality fun, heartwarming entertainment with soulfully charismatic voice-acting from a beneficial cast and bold choices to stir up emotional resonance. (B+)

(Full review TBD)
September 15, 2018
Ferdinand is not one of Blue Sky Studios greatest films, like Ice Age or the Peanuts movie, but it is definitely one of the better ones, with an engaging voice by John Cena and showing both the mostly funny and emotional sides of the non fighting bull.

I have to say this though, when El Primero was saying about his body parts being instruments. When he did his over dramatic deep breath before saying "buttocks," I covered my eyes because I knew he would say something relatable to that.
September 14, 2018
I loved Ferdinand. My family watched it together with much laughter and appreciation of it's compassionate morals.
September 5, 2018
A feel-good charmer. A little ridiculous at times and better music could have been selected, but I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. (First and only viewing - 9/6/2018)
½ September 4, 2018
I watched this because I remember the charming children's book as a kid. Like the Hobbit, the Grinch and other Dr. Seuss short stories padded and puffed up with filler it just doesn't work for me.
From an animation perspective I give it a fail as well. The bright colors of the animation don't serve the setting or the quaint time of the setting well at all. Why is that all 3-d animation has taken on the same style? The motley crew of bulls and hedgehogs (gag) make the story too farcical.
½ September 2, 2018
A very average and forgettable cartoon.
August 31, 2018
Although the ending was sweet, the rest of the movie wasn't very funny (I almost didn't laugh at all) and almost all of the characters seemed recycled from other animated movies.
½ August 31, 2018
Much of the film relies on filler and overdone cartoon shenanigans, but both the film's bold message and the voice cast (with John Cena's passionate vocal performance of the titular character being the main highlight) help secure a well-balanced viewing experience for the whole family. It's a refreshing film from Blue Sky Studio, who have certainly exhausted their popular "Ice Age" series.
For younger audiences, this will simultaneously appeal to both the fun and serious sides of their ever-growing minds.
August 28, 2018
Funny, with a message against bull-fighting and pro-diversity, a good mixture. Colourful -and quite accurate- Spanish environment.
August 18, 2018
buenos mensajes para la gente y mas para los niños,pero crean historias que los niños no entienden pero la intención de mostrar que este arte es malo pero aquí lo muestran mientras no maten al toro todo esta bien y no es así.
½ August 8, 2018
Some good scenes in the film that got a laugh, but lost my interest a bit in the middle.