Ferdinand - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferdinand Reviews

March 19, 2018
The voice acting isnt strong, but the story, tempo and soundtrack makes for an entertaining family movie.
March 19, 2018
Original, wacky, funny and very entertaining.
March 18, 2018
Perfect family movie
March 16, 2018
Funny story which I loved.
½ March 16, 2018
Fatally flawed from the point of conception. Tries to squeeze out a children's comedy-adventure from a brutal and sadistic reality.
March 15, 2018
Another formulaic animation by Carlos Saldanha, who tries too hard to make something fun for the whole family but doesn't seem to realize how forgettable this is, with silly German horses, endless chases and pedestrian jokes that rely mostly on Ferdinand being big and clumsy.
March 14, 2018
good for kids and parents very heart warming lovely soft story for a sunday afternoon
½ March 14, 2018
Ferdinand is such a disappointing movie which is very well animated and it has some sweet and fun scenes, but for the most part it is filled with way too much action scenes and too many sidekick characters. It is frenetic, boring and way too kid friendly. Needless to say, its Oscar nomination is ludicrous and the original 1938 Disney short remains the quintessential adaptation of this story.
March 14, 2018
Really Great My Kids Loved It So Much
March 12, 2018
Ferdinand is a masterful movie. Comparing it to the Disney short is like comparing apples and oranges. It is a powerful story about a bull who didn't want to fight, but instead smell the flowers and have friends. The ending has ferdinand showing mercy, which was the only way to survive the bullring. I would see it again and again and not get tired of it.
½ March 11, 2018
A safe middle of the road children's movie that doesn't do anything overly stupid or offensive but also doesn't take any risks to making anything unique and in typical blue sky animation fashion is filled with load annoying characters and is filled with an annoyingly fast pace that assumes children have zero patience
½ March 11, 2018
The bull in a china shop section is great. Unfortunately, they've stretched out that decent Pixar short to over 90 minutes, and there's just not much left there. Animals behave like humans and do non-animal activities. That's basically the extent of the humor. Sure, it's heart is in the right place, but the "be yourself" message is a bit cliché for a kids film. 2017 just wasn't a great year for animated or kids films.
March 10, 2018
I don't know Why do tears come out of my eyes when watching THIS movie. .????????
½ March 9, 2018
Surprisingly heartfelt and fun--don't miss the dance-off in the middle!
March 7, 2018
So much of this movie is racist like The accents, and um,well,it's just garbage
½ March 6, 2018
A dark story if you're a kid, an animal lover or a bull. If you and your kids aren't sensitive to the bulls going in and the horns come out on a plaque, then it's enjoyable. An original animated story about self acceptance and not giving up on yourself or those around you.
½ March 6, 2018
Yeah well, I wasn't expecting much but still.. I mean there were a few smiles but no actual laughs and even though the characters were sweet, the whole wasn't fun.
March 4, 2018
Beautifully animated, Ferdinand is a tradicional animation, if not bring nothing new to the table, still is a great product, full of heart, lessons and a lot of charismatic characters. Carlos Saldanha provide a entertaining and solid movie for the whole family. (4/5)
½ March 3, 2018
This movie was so generic and basic. Totally butchered the massage
March 3, 2018
If you are interested on teaching your kid to be itself and not always follow what the rest say, this is the perfect movie to watch. Ferdinand, besides its beautiful scenes and amazing explanation of Spain traditions, it presents a unique concept that it is not often mentioned. As competitive human beings, we usually try to do a better job than anyone else on Earth no matter the situation. Unfortunately, the way we do things is not usually special and we tend to follow a common procedure on how to be successful. Meanwhile, Ferdinand teaches as that by following our own way of being, we can reach all the goals we set in our mind and make them reality.