(Full review TBD)
I have to say this though, when El Primero was saying about his body parts being instruments. When he did his over dramatic deep breath before saying "buttocks," I covered my eyes because I knew he would say something relatable to that.
From an animation perspective I give it a fail as well. The bright colors of the animation don't serve the setting or the quaint time of the setting well at all. Why is that all 3-d animation has taken on the same style? The motley crew of bulls and hedgehogs (gag) make the story too farcical.
For younger audiences, this will simultaneously appeal to both the fun and serious sides of their ever-growing minds.
What I liked:
1. John Cena and Kate McKinnon's performsnces as well as their characters.
2. The sweet messsge, though it has been taught many times in various films, becomes very powerful thanks to the main character.
3. The hedge hogs were funny
What I disliked:
1. SPOILERS. The third act became too cartoony for me.
2. Nina was a useless plot device
Flaw: The animation can look a bit "plastic-ish," especially on the bulls.
Verdict: CHECK IT OUT! But don't expect it to be a modern classic