The Fighting Temptations - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fighting Temptations Reviews

½ December 20, 2015
Outstanding stellar performances by the entire cast. This movie was funny, heartwarming and worth watching again and again which I have. The music is guaranteed to move you in both physical and spiritual aspects of your life. It is a good film for the entire family to watch together and one you will remember and talk about for a long time afterwards.
½ December 21, 2014
The Fighting Temptations is as unoriginal as you can get. We always have the main plot that stays on task but we got too many off track things to get in the way of the story that needs to be told. This movie probably could be better and shorter if they stayed focused. I didn't really care for the characters although I did like Cuba Gooding Jr in it. There also was too much of a cheesiness factor at the end that was too dumb to ignore. I can honestly say I won't be seeing this again anytime soon. D-
April 3, 2014
This movie is off the chain also
awesome especially the end.
October 27, 2013
I just happened to catch this movie on some network channel I was flipping through because I couldn't find anything to watch. Not a bad movie, but not good enough to rent on Netflix. It is a teen drama/comedy that is cliche and recycles numerous old ideas
August 13, 2013
Beyon'ce and Cuba was excellent in this movie. loved it..
June 20, 2013
Predictable, obvious and eye-rolling in a silly land without any real romance between the two main characters.
½ June 3, 2013
The movie is good it has a strong gospel premise and the characters are hilarious. The music was amazing and yes the plot was weak but the music makes up for it.
½ May 16, 2013
Ugh, this movie makes so many mistakes. It's unsubtle, predictable, and unoriginal.
½ May 10, 2013
A pretty good movie!
April 11, 2013
loved it very inspiring
March 29, 2013
I love this move!!!!!!!!
March 8, 2013
This movie is bad with the exception of the romance between Cuba and Beyonce's characters -which by the way, has no chemistry at all) Yes, the musical numbers are nice, but the scenes where the choir is rehearsing with new members for the first time seem a little too choreographed to me. However, if you love gospel music and light, fluffy non-complicated plots, you will love this.
February 21, 2013
Nice story, but there are some questionable plot points that come up. At least the music was great!
December 19, 2012
I CAN TRULY RELATE TO THIS MOVIE...LOLBVS
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
October 22, 2012
Excellent gospel music and some other musical gems highlight this otherwise poor excuse for a film. The music is as good as it gets. So good I just might buy my first gospel cd ever. But the goods stop there, with the possible exception of Beyonce who manages a decent acting performance to go with some superb vocals. Actually, the supporting cast is likable for the most part and do an okay job.

However, Cuba Gooding Jr. was completely abysmal, almost as bad as the screenplay. The story itself is implausible, the jokes are stale and the dialogue is boring. Yet, the music was so much fun, I am glad that I saw it and would recommend it to others. Just fast forward through all parts where they are not singing. Believe me you won't miss anything worth seeing.
August 26, 2012
Good predictable story, good cast, but really enjoyed the music. Typical feel good movie much like Sister Act 2. Beyonce looks and sounds great, she makes the movie. Other than that you could stay away from this one.
½ July 13, 2012
not bad, but not amazing....i think that beyonce was kind of boring.....but i liked it.
½ July 12, 2012
The Fighting Temptations is another decent film. It is about a New York advertising executive travels to a small Southern town to collect an inheritance but finds he must create a gospel choir and lead it to success before he can collect. Cuba Gooding Jr. and Beyonce give good performances. The screenplay is okay and has a few funny moments. The music is excellent. Jonathan Lynn did a pretty good job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the music.
½ June 28, 2012
Great film - top musical performances and laugh out loud lines make this a must see.