Final Destination 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Final Destination 2 Reviews

½ July 13, 2016
A strong and witty adaption in a great horror series. Has the second-best opening in the franchise.
July 10, 2016
This is by far the best one in the series. The beginning sequence of events on the highway was amazing and the son's arm landing on the mother's plate at the end of the film was hilarious.
½ July 1, 2016
Quase to legal quanto o primeiro! Interessante que linkam os personagens do primeiro a esse. Divertido :D
½ June 19, 2016
Final Destination 2 is much better than its predecessor doing a better job with foreshadowing and survival and creative killings of the characters though it may not have much thrills it doesn't have bad storytelling and it doesn't have cheap jump scares to make you jump out of your seat
June 11, 2016
So glad for this one
½ June 1, 2016
Although it's perplexingly better than the original, Final Destination 2 still doesn't earn its stripes because all it does is recycle the first film's plot and its only achievement lies within crafting more grotesque scenes of characters getting their insides ripped out.
April 4, 2016
Basically exact same as the first one, just less interesting.
March 15, 2016
Easily the series high point.
½ February 23, 2016
Introduces nothing new but is a good follow up that ups the ante without feeling forced. If you liked the first, there shouldn't be anything wrong with this one.
½ February 15, 2016
Where is Devon Sawa? Besides that, well, not as good as the first one (I think the disappearance of Devon Sawa is a part of that). The first movie was a big surprise, but now we know how it works, less surprising. Still, a good horror disgusting movie !
February 5, 2016
Pretty damn goodâ¦
½ January 30, 2016
Good sequel, But same as the first, Just different types of deaths.
December 31, 2015
Final Destination 2 has even more unlikeable characters but delivers more clever deaths
December 26, 2015
Ali Larter takes the lead!
½ December 3, 2015
The 2nd outing of death, 3 years later in the real world but only 1 year later in the plot, this film is a direct sequel to the first and continuously referenced the original film. It's fairly important to watch the original before this is watched, it's not needed. But it definitely makes for a much better and enjoyable film. Some things are particularly interesting in this film, like the way to end the cycle of death and involving the sole survivor from the first film. The ending is fairly confusing. The film is very enjoyable, and as usual the only reoccurring character, Tony Todd nails his role.
½ November 26, 2015
This sequel deserves credit for its spectacular first sequence, which is really tense and well made. What follows, though, is more tongue-in-cheek, making fun of Death's ingenious traps and with an intriguing idea about how the plot is influenced by the events of the first film.
November 4, 2015
So after Final Destination being a success, writer Jeffery Reddick wanted to write a sequel to it. The original director James Wong was up for it too, but he was busy with other movie projects, so he couldn't do anything with it. Out comes a new director named David R. Ellis and some different writers also. To my surprise, Final Destination 2 is the best Final Destination film that I've seen. The premonition is the best that I've seen as its all over the place which I really liked. The actors are pretty good in it, and the deaths are pretty inventive. While the story is pretty much the same, it does try to be a little bit different, and it tries new ways to survive, which is more then I can say for Final Destination 3 and The Final Destination, except for Final Destination 5 that is, although not as much. The movie does a good job at having a balance with some good suspense with funny moments in it, even though it's not as creepy as the first movie. The characters are pretty forgettable except for Clear Rivers, but I do like that all of the characters actually have a connection with the first movie, and it's not just the references to flight 180. The effects are pretty good which I'm glad that they used practical effects for it while putting in fitting CGI for other scenes. While not the best, it's the best that we can get out of a Final Destination movie before they start to care less about the story and care more about the deaths in the later films, again, except for Final Destination 5 a bit.
October 30, 2015
A passable sequel that offers appropriately gory cartoony-esque kills and corny dialogue/characters for those who are familiar with the original's backdrop
October 18, 2015
The build-up is good, and the acting is okay and the pay-off is great so I think its a good sequel so 7/10