Finding Dory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Finding Dory Reviews

February 27, 2017
It has lots of charm. In spite of being annoying, you can't resist Dory's good intentions. Beautiful. Engaging. Amusing.
February 26, 2017
I enjoyed this more than Finding Nemo!
February 26, 2017
It's great! (if you forget that you've basically seen this movie before)
February 26, 2017
In true dory fashion it doesn't always make sense but you love the characters so who cares.
February 25, 2017
Some funny moments like the "whale speak". Other then that....kind of blah.
February 25, 2017
"Finding Dory" is a different and interesting twist and incredible experience for all families and fans of Pixar.
February 25, 2017
"not as good as its predecessor. still a treat for the eyes. cute and sensible."
Finding Dory
its been more than a decade but the "searching quest" of Disney Pixar's underwater inhabitant is still fun to follow
February 24, 2017
Just as good as FINDING NEMO! Funny, cute, engaging. Storyline was fresh. Added with some good ole familiar faces. Great for adults and kids!
February 24, 2017
A good sequel to the original. Ellen DeGeneres shines in the exploration of fear, expanding on the themes of the first film. Brilliant animation as usual.
February 24, 2017
Good movie, family friendly, and enjoyable for all ages
February 23, 2017
Perhaps not as original as its predecessor, Finding Dory still manages to find its own place in the Pixar catalog.
February 22, 2017
I like more the first one, nevertheless "just keep swimming"
½ February 22, 2017
Pixar never fails to impress us with its stunning heart-warming movies, such as Up, Inside Out and now, the sequel to Finding Nemo, Finding Dory. Finding Nemo and Finding Dory, though thirteen years apart, go hand in hand with one another. The story line for each movie is essentially the same, fish having to travel across the ocean to find or reconnect with a missing family member. Through a massively dragged out series of unfortunate events we receive the happy heart-warming ending we all yearn for. After viewing the film, I believe Finding Dory was overall a quality and effective movie.
Ellen DeGeneres, the voice behind the main character Dory, begins the movie with a flashback of Dory, adorable and giant-eyed, hanging out with her parents as a child. Unfortunately, Dory's major setback of short-term memory loss causes her to become separated from her loving parents and thrown out into the ocean on her own. The movie continues by making a tie back into the preceding movie, Finding Nemo. This connection fit extremely well into the film and provided great clarity for me as a viewer. Finding Dory begins with Dory remembering she has a family and wanting to find them. Having to travel to California, Dory crosses the ocean, once again, dragging Nemo and Marlin with her. Upon arriving at an aquarium/fish rescuing institution, which turns out to be her original home, Dory manages to get herself split up from Marlin and Nemo. The character's start running into hilarious dilemmas and the movie begins to take its own shape as Dory restlessly searches for her mother and father.
We are introduced to many awesome new characters, while also being reintroduced to old ones. Crush, voiced again by Andrew Stanton, makes an appearance with his calming and chill surfer voice as he helps Nemo, Marlin, and Dory get to California. Also, Mr. Ray, voiced again by Bob Peterson, is back still taking all of the young fish on fieldtrips. Some of the new characters that are introduced are Hank an octopus, voiced by Ed O'Neil, Destiny a whale shark, voiced by Katlin Olson, and Bailey the beluga whale, voiced by Ty Burrell. Hank, on the surface grumpy, but eventually revealing his huge heart, plays a huge role in the movie as he transports Dory around the fish institution. Destiny, Dory's long lost friend and teacher of Dory's beautiful whale speaking abilities, plays a big role in the end of the film having many important conversations with Dory in "whale" language. Personally I felt that Pixar did a great job with character reintroduction and new character introduction.
Though colorful, creative, and funny Finding Dory provides us with a unique and engaging spin on the issues of home and identity. Dory's main problem, battling with short-term memory loss, portrays her as a very lost and flustered character. As the movie goes on Dory becomes closer and closer to finding her parents as well as herself. By the end of the movie dory is evidently a much stronger character. As viewers we learn the importance of family through Dory's search for her own family. The tenacious drive Dory possesses even though she has a disability teaches us to never give up, anyone is capable of anything.
Overall, Finding Dory met my prior expectations for the movie and left me joyous upon its conclusion. Despite being very similar to the preceding movie, a bit predictable, and having a highly impractical ending Finding Dory was a success. Finding Dory leaves me hoping Pixar goes against the general standards of animated movies, expecting Finding Dory to be the only sequel in this series.
½ February 22, 2017
The disability subtext isn't overdone and works well alongside the main story. Not vintage Pixar, but still worth watching.
February 21, 2017
Was good just like finding nemo
February 20, 2017
I am going to pass on this for now.
February 20, 2017
'Finding Dory' has some good moments, but overall lacks the sense of adventure and awe that was so special about the first film, making the stakes not feel high enough, nor the movie feel necessary enough to feel as invested in the plot.
A fantastic Pixar film
February 19, 2017
Oh this was just delightful & inspiring. Ellen is an awesome human being.