Finding Neverland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Finding Neverland Reviews

May 7, 2018
i love opening night..

Finding Neverland

The feature endorses innocence in each frame, characters and emotion that is drawn out from genuinely moving writing and performance. The screenplay by David Magee may not be gripping or intriguing enough to invest in it but it surely is effective and has a soul in it. Marc Forster fails to create the anticipated impact that was already present in the script and misses a big window there. The feature scores majestically on performance where every supporting actor (Kate Winslet, Dustin Hoffman and the young cast) factors in, with equal input among the protagonist i.e. Johnny Depp. Finding Neverland has stellar performance, amazing background score and fine editing that favors on its side but lacks better execution and the crisp that everyone awaits throughout the course of it.
February 28, 2018
Finding Neverland is a spectacular story of how J.M Barrie came up with the idea of peter pan which is now one of the most famous stories of all time. Johnny Depp gives a truly spectacular performance as the lead role playing J.M Barrie which is very graceful and moving. The rest of the cast, especially Kate Winslet also give very moving and emotional performances as well. Overall, this film is a very heartfelt and warm drama with funny and sad parts that gives a charm to the audience.
November 1, 2017
I liked it overall. The story is engaging and the performances are great, especially young Freddie Highmore. However, I do not like how historically inaccurate it is. Also, I?m in agreement with J.M. Barrie?s wife, Mary, that he kind of abandons her for some other woman and her children. I?d be pretty upset if I were her.
October 17, 2017
Touches the heart. Absolutely fantastic
½ September 2, 2017
A lovely film. Slow but worthwhile.
August 22, 2017
Though a lot of facts have been altered (or are just wrong), its a wonderful film and a great depiction of J.M.Barrie.
½ August 13, 2017
A wonderful film that tells the true story of how Barrie wrote Peter Pan. Incredibly emotional and raw at times. Highmore is amazing as Peter.
July 21, 2017
Nice movie for great actor
Johnny Depp ?
June 27, 2017
Fun family movie. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet give good performances.

8.0/10
June 18, 2017
I absolutely loved this piece of cinema. One of my favorite biopics ever. This film filled me with such wonder and imagination.
March 20, 2017
Lacklustre and forgettable biopical drama
February 12, 2017
Hieno elokuva Peter Panin kirjoittajasta, ja Johnny Depp tietenkin aina yhtä huikeana. :* (Suom. Finding Neverland - tarinan lähteillä)
January 28, 2017
Dreams, Love, chiildren, death. What's not to sob uncontrollably about in this film? One must be stone-hearted to never tremble a lip, or allow a tear to slowly abseil down one's face. A beautiful film.
½ January 22, 2017
This original and creative movie, has a clever plot, it shows great performances by Freddie Highmore and Johnny Depp, and have a strong and smart script.
December 2, 2016
A very good family drama.. Loved every scene of it.
November 21, 2016
Good movie but also sad movie too
½ September 9, 2016
extremely well done tripe (maybe that's the definition of Miramax?)
½ August 27, 2016
This was such a touching and beautiful movie. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet were great.
August 16, 2016
An inspiring film about the writer of Peter Pan - Johnny Depp plays his role more solidly than I've seen in his other films. Freddy Highmore is just too good. Another great must see.
½ August 1, 2016
Kinda sad, feel good music and somewhat powerful scenes. Mom dies and takes guardian of boys; wife leaves him. Some stupid parts