Finding Neverland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Finding Neverland Reviews

½ December 4, 2017
Finding Neverland is a spectacular story of how J.M Barrie came up with the idea of peter pan which is now one of the most famous stories of all time. Johnny Depp gives a truly spectacular performance as the lead role playing J.M Barrie which is very graceful and moving. The rest of the cast, especially Kate Winslet also give very moving and emotional performances as well. Overall, this film is a very heartfelt and warm drama with funny and sad parts that gives a charm to the audience.
November 1, 2017
I liked it overall. The story is engaging and the performances are great, especially young Freddie Highmore. However, I do not like how historically inaccurate it is. Also, I?m in agreement with J.M. Barrie?s wife, Mary, that he kind of abandons her for some other woman and her children. I?d be pretty upset if I were her.
October 17, 2017
Touches the heart. Absolutely fantastic
½ September 2, 2017
A lovely film. Slow but worthwhile.
August 22, 2017
Though a lot of facts have been altered (or are just wrong), its a wonderful film and a great depiction of J.M.Barrie.
½ August 13, 2017
A wonderful film that tells the true story of how Barrie wrote Peter Pan. Incredibly emotional and raw at times. Highmore is amazing as Peter.
July 21, 2017
Nice movie for great actor
Johnny Depp ?
June 27, 2017
Fun family movie. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet give good performances.

8.0/10
June 18, 2017
I absolutely loved this piece of cinema. One of my favorite biopics ever. This film filled me with such wonder and imagination.
March 20, 2017
Lacklustre and forgettable biopical drama
February 12, 2017
Hieno elokuva Peter Panin kirjoittajasta, ja Johnny Depp tietenkin aina yhtä huikeana. :* (Suom. Finding Neverland - tarinan lähteillä)
January 28, 2017
Dreams, Love, chiildren, death. What's not to sob uncontrollably about in this film? One must be stone-hearted to never tremble a lip, or allow a tear to slowly abseil down one's face. A beautiful film.
½ January 22, 2017
This original and creative movie, has a clever plot, it shows great performances by Freddie Highmore and Johnny Depp, and have a strong and smart script.
December 2, 2016
A very good family drama.. Loved every scene of it.
November 21, 2016
Good movie but also sad movie too
½ September 9, 2016
extremely well done tripe (maybe that's the definition of Miramax?)
½ August 27, 2016
This was such a touching and beautiful movie. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet were great.
August 16, 2016
An inspiring film about the writer of Peter Pan - Johnny Depp plays his role more solidly than I've seen in his other films. Freddy Highmore is just too good. Another great must see.
½ August 1, 2016
Kinda sad, feel good music and somewhat powerful scenes. Mom dies and takes guardian of boys; wife leaves him. Some stupid parts
½ July 26, 2016
How fitting for a film based on the inception of Peter Pan to be so enchanting, charming, and just all-around magical. Based itself on the play "The Man Who Was Peter Pan", Marc Forster's heavy emphasis on sentimentality and wonder in Finding Neverland will be cloying for some, but it fits this story very well, and even makes certain character moments hit that much harder. The film is anchored by one of Johnny Depp's finest roles in his expansive career (and one of his Oscar nominated performances): here, he ditches the wacky hairstyles and makeup that he's so known for in favor of a sublime and subdued performance, even with his clearly non-native Scottish accent. At a point, Depp completely embodies the loving mannerisms of J.M. Barrie, often to the point of completely losing himself in the role. Depp has a history of playing childlike characters, sometimes to the point of being overblown, but here, it's just the right amount of seriousness and silliness. Alongside him is a charming performance from Kate Winslet, as well as four pretty solid child performances from her onscreen sons: Freddie Highmore in particular is a standout.

Anyone who finds too much sentimentality to be a turn-off won't find Finding Neverland to be anything worthwhile, but those who don't mind a strong heaping of wonder will be completely engrossed in this film's charm, and the ending will truly hit home. Certainly well earning in its Best Picture nomination.