First Daughter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

First Daughter Reviews

½ May 14, 2017
Some movies needn't be made. This is one of them. The college scenes were some of the most ridiculously, absurdly, pathetic cinematic moments of all time. That bad. At least the movie ever-so-slightly picks up when horrible actress Katie Holmes returns to the White House. Skip this, as most I think had.
½ June 20, 2016
Slow moving and full of cliches.
½ August 22, 2015
Pretty sure that NOTHING happened this entire movie... although I did watch most of it on fast forward to ease my boredom. Every bit of drama here is petty and can be chalked up to stupid teen girl BS. Funny, too, how she clearly aged more than 4 years from the opening scene at his acceptance speech, yet during the film her president father is running for re-election. How many terms does Beetleguise get? And why the fuck was this directed by Forrest Whitaker? Only watch this if you happen to be put of NyQuil.
August 6, 2015
You're asking too much to ask Holmes to carry any movie let alone this piece of bland work.
½ May 16, 2015
I kept waiting for this movie to start. After 30 min I gave up. The lines are so corny as to actually make you wince. Bad bad bad.
April 17, 2015
Good movie really sweet.
March 10, 2015
Predictable, but still a charming story regardless. Better than the similar film Chasing Liberty. Katie Holmes does really well in the role and has great chemistry with Marc Blucas
March 4, 2015
An ok movie. The chemistry was not really there.
October 18, 2014
I thought this was a really cute movie. It's definitely disney material with the fairytale life. Michael Keaton is the president however I feel that he wasn't right for the part. Katie Holmes was amazing and played her role perfectly and of course Mark Lucas is handsome and the two of them capture everyone's dream of a first true love.
½ August 6, 2014
Forced, bland, forgettable, etc.
July 22, 2014
This movie turned out to be better than I thought it was going to be, but I wish the ending would have been different.
June 21, 2014
A poor cast can not do anything with a premise we have seen many times
March 24, 2014
as expected, it was very predictable.
October 6, 2013
A well written script giving incite into the daft life of public service. Photography is well lit and makes the emotions and feeling flow giving a rough edge to the story. Actors give strong performances showing the difference in social standing and culture well. AAhhh the movies really can make you look like a princess. Nibbles: Candyfloss.
September 30, 2013
I prefer this movie over Chasing Liberty. I also enjoy Katie Holmes more then Mandy Moore.
September 4, 2013
A formulaic vehicle for Katie Holmes coming off of Dawson's Creek. It's memorable only for making Michael Keaton president of the United States and for its star's current infamy.
September 4, 2013
I am 73 years old and have 6 great-grandchildren. Unlike all the comments I have read here, I LOVED the First Daughter. Todays youth is so far off the page, they can't appreciate a good love story; one that shows two people falling in love and not into bed. I'm very analytical and could find many ways to solve the dilemma, but than we wouldn't have a movie. I only saw Marc Blucas for the first time in this movie. I LOVE him. I have checked his other trailers since then. He is an amazing actor.
August 4, 2013
8/4/2013: Just an ok movie, but Katie Holmes is super cute in it.
July 9, 2013
Near to failing, everything was a 'thumbs down' but because Holmes is there, she became as the saving grace of the said movie...
June 9, 2013
Predictable. Cheesy. Katie Holmes just could not get ahold of this part. It seemed like her first acting gig. The movie was not fun, not romantic nor entertaining in any way. The storyline had potential but it was lost in this.