The First Wives Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The First Wives Club Reviews

September 8, 2017
Pretty bad acting in some parts but still a fun movie to watch.
½ May 29, 2017
A fun movie all around, excellent performances from everyone - not just the three ladies themselves, but the ex-husbands, the new love interests, and Maggie Smith as Gunilla Garson Goldberg, who makes one of a particularly fun additional trio in the film: Smith and Pinchot rooking Parker for everything Hedaya is worth.

It's equally nice to see a bit of seriousness in the movie as well, of women struggling - and eventually succeeding - to redefine themselves with the loss of their youth and their husbands and the futures they had always assumed were secure, as well as managing to turn their experiences into a positive to help other women. It also, despite being a story about getting revenge on ex-husbands, passes the Bechdel test many times over.
March 31, 2017
I Love the Movie The First Wives and the song you don't own is so cool.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 1, 2017
Funny irreverent raucous. First wives will get it.
½ December 17, 2016
kinda cute, but also kinda meh.
December 17, 2016
2016-12-16 pretty funny, hubby liked it
½ September 30, 2016
Weak performances and a tired script....yet I watch when it's on....
September 30, 2016
A good girls-night-in movie. Women rule!
½ September 7, 2016
It's silly really, but funny nevertheless.
½ February 21, 2016
This was a fairly standard rom-com. Relatable characters, cliched jokes, and plenty of predictable feel-good moments to balance the tearjerker moments. If you're looking for a story about female empowerment that isn't too deep and brings a decent amount of laughs, you'll probably found this to be a decent distraction, especially for fans of mid-life crisis rom-coms.
January 6, 2016
The three leads are hilarious, especially Midler, but the movie wasn't that great.
December 17, 2015
I'm surprised at how many are not interested in seeing this, lol.. I was at a club the other night and I swear to god this woman was the exact replica of Goldie Hawn in this movie.. "I mean, hey man, rock and roll! Yeah.. ::downs alcohol::".. Heh, it was great.. everyone should see this movie, it's hilarious in every aspect.
August 23, 2015
Don't get mad, get everything!
April 28, 2015
Is this the sequel to Ruthless People????
March 9, 2015
Always a classic. Who doesn't love a movie about female empowerment?! Laugh out loud fun with three fantastic actresses!
½ February 11, 2015
Fun, entertaining, and so needed. The First Wives Club helps women get payback for their suffering with humor and great performances. The chemistry between Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, and Diane Keaton looks so natural as if they've been friends for ages. The First Wives Club is funny, meaningful, heartwarming, well-acted, well-written, and very empowering thanks to its great cast and witty humor.
February 6, 2015
It's a good and funny movie it tells you just the way it is and betrays life the way it is.
January 22, 2015
I DON'T understand how this movie has such a low score critically. I LOVE this movie. It's fun and everyone in it is fantastic.
December 25, 2014
A little over the top and convoluted at times, The First Wives Club still manages to be a very funny and endearing movie with an excellent performance from all three leads.