The First Wives Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The First Wives Club Reviews

½ September 30, 2016
Weak performances and a tired script....yet I watch when it's on....
September 30, 2016
A good girls-night-in movie. Women rule!
½ September 7, 2016
It's silly really, but funny nevertheless.
½ February 21, 2016
This was a fairly standard rom-com. Relatable characters, cliched jokes, and plenty of predictable feel-good moments to balance the tearjerker moments. If you're looking for a story about female empowerment that isn't too deep and brings a decent amount of laughs, you'll probably found this to be a decent distraction, especially for fans of mid-life crisis rom-coms.
January 6, 2016
The three leads are hilarious, especially Midler, but the movie wasn't that great.
December 17, 2015
I'm surprised at how many are not interested in seeing this, lol.. I was at a club the other night and I swear to god this woman was the exact replica of Goldie Hawn in this movie.. "I mean, hey man, rock and roll! Yeah.. ::downs alcohol::".. Heh, it was great.. everyone should see this movie, it's hilarious in every aspect.
August 23, 2015
Don't get mad, get everything!
April 28, 2015
Is this the sequel to Ruthless People????
March 9, 2015
Always a classic. Who doesn't love a movie about female empowerment?! Laugh out loud fun with three fantastic actresses!
½ February 11, 2015
Fun, entertaining, and so needed. The First Wives Club helps women get payback for their suffering with humor and great performances. The chemistry between Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, and Diane Keaton looks so natural as if they've been friends for ages. The First Wives Club is funny, meaningful, heartwarming, well-acted, well-written, and very empowering thanks to its great cast and witty humor.
February 6, 2015
It's a good and funny movie it tells you just the way it is and betrays life the way it is.
January 22, 2015
I DON'T understand how this movie has such a low score critically. I LOVE this movie. It's fun and everyone in it is fantastic.
December 25, 2014
A little over the top and convoluted at times, The First Wives Club still manages to be a very funny and endearing movie with an excellent performance from all three leads.
November 30, 2014
Good performances from the three leads in this enjoyable comedy about divorce.
November 19, 2014
Classic revenge movie lol. Love this group of women in the ensemble!
October 4, 2014
a nice relaxing watch with some nice laughs.
September 6, 2014
On the plus side, Goldie Hawn dances with Big Boo in a lesbian bar.
August 11, 2014
(First and only viewing - 11/15/2008)
August 3, 2014
There is some kitschy fun here, but the slapstick and comedy, along with the screenplay feels forced and vapid.
July 25, 2014
I loved it when it was first released and it's still a lot of fun due to the performances of the three ladies in charge. Unfortunately the characters are not nearly as well drawn as they were in the book and the director, Hugh Wilson, really hasn't advanced any since the Police Academy films. It ends with that musical number (You Don't Own Me) and, while it's a hoot, it's indicative of the mostly half assed work done by the men behind the camera.