Flatliners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flatliners Reviews

½ January 20, 2018
If it wasn't for the fact that I wasn't laughing at how bad the movie was the entire time, this would've been the most boring moviegoing experience I ever had. From its awkward dialogue and terrible pacing to its ineffective horror attempts and unsatisfying ending, Flatliners is just a straightup hot mess.
½ January 20, 2018
Breathing new life into an innovative idea from 27-years ago will sometimes work for a cult classic such as this, but there isn't very much more than can be appended to a story-line that thrives off psychology instead of special effects. FLATLINERS (2017) is watchable for its upper-budget production qualities and reminisce of a thought-provoking theme; nevertheless, this remake lacks the presence of a renowned cast and only conveys a rushed lusterless closure that ultimately disappoints.
January 16, 2018
This was a really great film. I thought it was well put together and diverse for its genre of choice. I wouldn't call it a must watch but if you're into total suspense I would recommend to watch this film.
January 13, 2018
nope. it is a B movie.
January 12, 2018
horrible! Writing, acting, dialogue, storylines--ugh really really horrible.
January 10, 2018
After reading through the Rotten Tomato reviews, I was hesitant to watch this movie, but ended up really enjoying it! The plot could have been a little deeper and easier to understand, but overall, this movie was suspenseful and kept my attention. The actors chosen were all great as well- did not feel scripted as some movies like this would.
½ January 9, 2018
this film is the kind of movie teens and people alike will enjoy this movie and find it thrilling. Character are somewhat shallow and don't have much backstory but the story is a great premise and the great scary actions scenes are the best parts of the movie.
½ January 7, 2018
A lazy, uninspired and downright stupid remake that overlooks nearly everything that made the original film clever and effective, trying too hard to be more like a horror movie (but failing ridiculously) and not bringing anything remotely clever or new to the pot.
January 3, 2018
I didn?t mind this movie. I?t wasn?t amazing but I?t was good. I absolutely love Nina Dobrev so that?s what drew me into this movie and she did an amazing job as usual. I?ve never seen the original movie so I can?t make a comparison as other people did. I?t had some scary moments too which I wasn?t necessarily expecting. I would say I would recommend this movie and just go into with an open mind and not expect some award winning movie.
January 3, 2018
The ending especially killed it. Yet, more than that, this wasn't a horror movie, or a thriller, or sci-fi, or anything else particularly noteworthy. There were a few slightly creepy moments, but that's it. The concept will always be a good one, but, especially when the original is considered solid, the delivery also needs to be done well. Unfortunately, this was yet another remake with nothing really new or intriguing to offer. It's not enough to just toss the same name on something; if you're going to bother remaking it, Hollywood, at least make sure there's reason to do so.
January 2, 2018
I love Ellen Page and I wish she'd be in more movie's that are recognized that are good rather than trashy ones like these! And I also wish her character didn't die, I'd rather have one of the other characters die instead!
½ January 1, 2018
It was just all around horrible
January 1, 2018
FLATLINERS- 62%
Satisfactory.
"Flatliners" wasn't nearly as bad as the critics made it seem.
The story is such an original piece of creativity. I agree that the execution could have been drastically improved, however, the movie was still bearable with more than one jump scares. The cinematography was great, with good executed CGI effects, actors did a good job as well.
The movie is more than OK.
Story wise and execution: 1.95/3.5
Acting: 1.43/2.5
Camera work: 1.85/2
Sound: 0.95/2
Overall Score: 3.09/5
½ January 1, 2018
Flatliners has a decent premise where five medical students tries to gain insight into the afterlife by conducting experiments that triggers near death experiences. And then it turns into a silly psychological/ghost horror movie.

The problem with this film is that it has five boring and uninteresting main characters. You'd think Ellen Page is the main character, but she isn't. Four of them needs to flatline before anything else in the movie can happen, as the fifth character isn't stupid enough to kill himself for an experiment. This setup takes up half of the film. I haven't seen a movie that took this long to start since Suicide Squad.

The second half of the film isn't even scary at all. They tried to building suspense by having repetitive sounds of floorboards creaking, babies crying, and radios turning on by itself (that happens a lot in the film). There's also a lot of jump scares, some of which are so pathetic that I laughed a couple of times. Not nearly as pathetic as The Bye Bye Man, but it's close enough.

I'm giving this movie a higher rating than it deserves because other than laughing, I was intrigued by the concept. Even if you're in the mood for a laughably bad horror film, I would skip this one and watch The Bye Bye Man again.
December 31, 2017
This movie is literal garbage
December 31, 2017
Ellen Page is a great actress but this movie sucked. Oh, and get extras that know how to hold a bag-mask correctly.
½ December 31, 2017
So great! Vivacious and deep
½ December 30, 2017
After I saw this I wanted to kill myself
December 30, 2017
I could not make it past the first 15 minutes. Garbage.
½ December 30, 2017
It's not THAT BAD but it's definitely not great either. This is watchable if you're bored and have nothing left to do which is me most of the time lol