Flatliners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flatliners Reviews

July 12, 2018
Always assume 85% Tomatometer signifies a movie at least watchable, so I say watch and enjoy. It's fun and does a great job keeping viewers' attention. This movie is not a waste of your time; not sure from where the 5% rating is coming. The premise is intriguing most of the actors are solid and it's a fun thriller with some frightening moments. I only give it 3.5 stars because it's a thriller intended for a younger audience; and it doesn't take itself too too seriously.
July 2, 2018
I have a few things to say about this film, the only reason why I'm being so generous to even give it 3 stars is I liked the character Marlo, and I did get jump scared a few times, saying that, the jumscares felt like everything I've seen before. The theme of it all being in your mind but what you do in those hallucinations is what kills you is a good idea, and was done exceptionally well in Case 39, but it just felt like this move took the difference from other horror movies and tried to make it theirs, drowned girl, The Ring, static, The Ring lol, I can't even remember the girl who died first because she was so lacklustre in personality but her creepy as apartment, the hallways were like every horror movie I've seen. I don't really understand also why, since it's a 90s reboot and not supposed to actually be set in the 90s, why the heck they have to have such poor graphics, it might have just been me but personally I felt like I was watching an early episode of Greys Annatomy at times. In conclusion, it takes forever to start, I found the hospital drama buts quite boring to be honest, we never went deeper with that girls mum, and they just tried far too hard, adding supernatural and all that crap, saying it's a demon getting them, just make up your mind already
July 1, 2018
Failed to capture the imagination of the original ?
July 1, 2018
Plagued with forgettable characters, a confusing plot and underwhelming setpieces, Flatliners succeeds in its few effective scares and not much else.
½ June 30, 2018
Very boring and the main characters looked 12. Meh
½ June 27, 2018
Good enough to keep me interested with a few scares.
½ June 18, 2018
Its a very flat movie.
½ June 13, 2018
Starting to judge my own taste in films. I really liked this concept of this film and obviously the original. It loses its way a little bit towards the end with the resolution too straight forward and simple. Ultimately though, I've seen a lot worse films with a not-so original concept.
½ June 5, 2018
Perdida,Sin justificación y muy debil, un film que contaba con buenas intenciones y que se cae por su pésima adaptación dirección y actuación , una cinta que no tiene ni pies ni cabeza.
June 3, 2018
Mais um belo exemplo de como não se fazer um remake...descartável!
½ June 2, 2018
not as good as the original one, but not bad
May 28, 2018
Nowhere on the same wavelength as its early nineties counterpart, creatively or intellectually.
May 25, 2018
Nunca debieron hacer el remake-
May 24, 2018
Not sure why the ratings are so low. Maybe people just don't have attention spans anymore. 10 times better than any super hero movie of the last 3 years. There's a story, they act like real people, it's believable in its own parameters, and it has a satisfying conclusion. Guess it's just not dorky enough for all the nerds today; this coming from a HUGE LOTR fan.
½ May 12, 2018
Started good, but then just flat lined. I enjoyed the resident MD perspective.
April 30, 2018
Even Ellen Page can not save this remake from going off the rails,find something.....anything else to watch instead of this.
April 14, 2018
Achei um terrorzinho interessante.
April 7, 2018
Cheap products, unoriginal, little themes and settings. Really poor budget
April 6, 2018
I actually thought it made you think... I really liked it !!!
½ April 5, 2018
I enjoyed this movie. I have not seen the original. Some moments felt like they dragged on, but had many nice jump scares to make up for it!