Flawless - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flawless Reviews

July 15, 2017
I have to resist the urge to go over-the-top here due to seeing Phillip Seymour Hoffman - who was so good in general - and was so good in this. Damn. That's a guy I do not want to be gone. But the movie itself has a few problems. Good intentions no doubt - the tolerance theme is good - but the actual plot is pretty weak. There is a weird love sub-plot with the Deniro character that doesn't hold water. But I do love PSH - and this was the good Deniro - so I'll generously give it a 6 out of 10.
June 26, 2017
I absolutely love this film! DeNiro and Hoffman did a beautiful, realistic job. The harshness of the film pulled me in kept me engaged. Some of the criticisms about having "another" drag queen in a film, seem more homophobic than anything. Rusty was a great counterbalance to the rough delusional cop with a huge chip on his shoulder.
½ October 25, 2016
PSH is the only (and I mean only) saving grace here - but his performance is awesome, almost as good as Capote. Other than that the script is predictable, full of cliché, stereotypes, and boredom. De Niro's character and female friends, in particular, sure drag (no pun intended)
October 14, 2016
This movie was fantastic. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was brilliant and deserved more acclaim and Robert De Niro was the perfect foil Where else can you get two great actors in almost every scene and doing the brilliant work we know they can. I cannot imagine why Rotten Tomatoes voters gave it such a low rating. I watch films constantly and this one was riveting and brilliant from the first scene...
½ April 17, 2016
Robert De Niro is a retired cop who stays active and has many friends in his community. He lives in a shady neighborhood that also houses druglords and drag queens which he despises. After a stroke he loses the right side of feeling in his body and his speech is effected. As a result he resorts to getting singing lessons from a drag queen living near him (Philip Seymour Hoffman). As the two form a friendship, they are amidst a drug scandal and some stolen money. Flawless was interesting in that it brings to light a part of New York that remains underground. Flawless was not a great movie, but it has decent performances and is original for sure.
May 30, 2015
Very good time seeing this one ! Great Performance of De Niro again , also from PS Hoffman (R.I.P) , allthough i don't like man to be that girlie girlie . But great story anyway ! My nr31-movie of De Niro ...SOMDVD
May 28, 2015
It did make some politically correct points already back then. Acting delivered by Robert De Niro & the late Philip Seymour Hoffman was remarkable too. The story/narrative/directing/vibes/tempo were all so uninteresting however.
½ February 2, 2015
2015-02-02 PSH was interesting
January 12, 2015
Not a comedy at all. I love PSH.
October 11, 2014
Philip Seymour Hoffman was such a great casting for this movie and he will be truly missed. And Deniro was no slouch either.
September 21, 2014
I liked this film. C'mon, De Niro, PSH, what's not to like. To the critics and to the audience (who usually has better taste than the critics) in the words of Cartman, "Screw you guys!" The film is entertaining. Whadya want from a film, but to be entertained?
½ September 2, 2014
Philip Seymour Hoffman gives a really good performance with de Niro as an unlikely duo in the interesting film by Schumacher. Hoffman's Rusty is charming and warm, while very humanly vulnerable and makes this movie.
August 20, 2014
You need a pair of huge, hairy ones to make a picture this bad and call it "Flawless."
July 8, 2014
A little cheesier that I remember but really enjoyed seeing the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman in this offbeat movie.
June 10, 2014
I really loved this movie. Hoffman gives one of his finest performances next to Capote and Doubt and really made his character work. DeNiro also gave a fine performance. I didn't really care for the subplot involving the gangsters constantly being seen wanting the money but other than that this is a lovely film
½ May 24, 2014
Amatuerish production with stellar performances by Philip Seymour Hoffman and Robert De Niro!
½ April 6, 2014
Part of the reason I loved this movie so much is because of the honesty behind Philip Seymour Hoffman's performance. He continues to amaze me, even after his passing. I enjoyed the theory behind the movie, but I do think they could have avoided the gangster portions of the film. All in all, a good flick, starring an amazing actor.
March 2, 2014
not great but somehow brilliant!
February 25, 2014
a quirky buddy comedy hoffman is amazing
February 25, 2014
Not bad movie about a homophobic man being rehabilitated by a drag queen after a stroke.