Footloose - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Footloose Reviews

½ May 16, 2017
Craps all over the original. I`m surprised it has such a high score. The music was f..king terribly remixed, the cast was a joke, and there were a lot of wtf moments that butchered the original.
½ April 20, 2017
Hey! I thought this was a party! Let's dance!
½ April 17, 2017
The switch to modern music did not do this revamp any favors and a lot of the charm of the original dies when converted to this money-milking sham.
½ March 24, 2017
This was a fun film for me. I haven't seen the original Footlose so I can't really compare, though I plan to watch the original when I get the chance. I highly enjoyed the acting, the characters, and the toe-tapping musical numbers. The comedy is good and the drama is well-done, too. The story is quite well-written. I really enjoy the emotional dilemmas with Ariel and Ren. I enjoy the relationship between the characters. Like I said, the music is just so great. I loved the county line sequence and of course the ending with the titular song. I was jamming. The only problems I have with the film is that I felt that the narrative felt a bit rushed at times and that maybe they could've done better with the subplot about Ariel and her stereotypically jerky boyfriend. Also, I thought Ariel's father was a bit of a douche. It's no masterpiece and it does feel pretty generic at times, but with likeable characters, good directing, and good acting, there's nothing else to say but "cut footlose!"
February 23, 2017
Decent adaptation, although I still prefer the musical over this.
February 7, 2017
This 2011 remake of the 1984 film of the same name is pretty cringeworthy and woeful. The first 10-15 minutes are pretty good, but goes downhill rapidly after that. It doesn't help that the film doesn't seem to know which decade it's in - the 1980s or 2010s. It works far better set firmly in the 80s. Give this a miss and watch the original one instead.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 29, 2017
Definitely prefer this version to the old one.
½ January 12, 2017
Same story, but a way better movie this time around. Updating really helped in this case.
½ January 3, 2017
Horrible cast and even worst acting. Some movies just aren't supposed to be remade.
November 24, 2016
¢,¦¢,¦â¦...
November 16, 2016
Better than the original. Different elements made it fresh and new. Was hesitant at first as to whether I would like it. Great casting.
½ October 25, 2016
In a world of small, country town people, we need a little more city. Footloose (2011), starring Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough, and Dennis Quaid, is a dramatic, romantic and has a great soundtrack. Ren MacCormack (Wormald) is a up-town city boy that moves to the small town of Bomont. But, before he arrives from Boston 5 teenagers are killed in a car accident coming home from a dance. Reverend Shaw Moore (Quaid) is part of the town council and puts a ban on loud music and DANCING. Ariel Moore (Hough) is Reverend Shaw's daughter, gets caught in the middle of all the fighting and falls in love with Ren. The movie presents itself well, with the over-the-top costumes and a great cast that just fits together. However, Wormald has an accent that comes and goes in the movie and make the movie seem trashy. Overall, I give the movie a four and a half out of five stars. Pop the popcorn and get ready for some serious dancing.
½ October 20, 2016
Wish I could give negative stars. The only "good" things: Andi McDowell was perfectly cast as the near-invisible Vi--didn't tax her acting ability; only role EVER by Miles Teller in which I did not want to punch him every time I saw him. That's it. What a piece of poorly directed, poorly edited, poorly updated movie. Hard to slam actors attempting to turn poop into pop.
July 10, 2016
Kenny made the movie worth watching!!
June 27, 2016
Good remake.

How does this improve upon the original?

Some plot points are expanded upon, and better explained. The young cast are the same ages as their characters.
June 25, 2016
I like how they redid the footloose movie. They brought their own version of the crash into the storyline and allowed people to see how they saw this story come together.
June 18, 2016
Painful to watch. Well done and well intentioned but never took off, and the female character rendered entirely one dimensional.
Why would they remake this movie.
April 28, 2016
An enjoyable and entertaining ride. Glad I sat for it.
½ March 25, 2016
Classics cannot be remade!!!! This is one classic that cannot be remade!!!