Foxcatcher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Foxcatcher Reviews

February 24, 2017
Looks great, now don't disappoint.
½ February 12, 2017
The film rewrites history a bit, but it certainly catches the sadness of the story and the delusions of du Pont.
February 11, 2017
nails it's storytelling style with performances that are perfect
½ January 27, 2017
Great Performances from the cast about this disturbing story. I remember reading the news article about this when it happened in 1996. It is a very slow paced film and very depressing. You won't feel great about life after watching this movie.
January 24, 2017
slow. but great story retold.
January 22, 2017
The ending twisted a knot in my stomach
January 2, 2017
Convincing performances by Tatum and Ruffalo but Carrell looks odd in the appearance altering prosthetics and is unable to bring out any depth in his role which might help us understand his actions. The film felt a tad overlong for me.
December 30, 2016
Carell's performance was tight, plot massively boring
December 27, 2016
Crisan spune ca e nust see
½ December 24, 2016
real life film that is is fairly slow paced, but it's unusual & gripping. If you also like sport then this is well worth watching.
December 16, 2016
This was a creepy sad movie... hard to watch. Brilliantly acted, especially if you see what the real dudes actually looked like.
November 29, 2016
Astonishing psycho drama
½ November 26, 2016
Un film che inquieta pur essendo pacato nei tempi. Non mi ha fatto impazzire anche se la storia vera interessante.
½ November 19, 2016
All three main actors shine in this film, an incredibly dramatic film of chasing a grandiose goal only to end in tragedy. 4 out of 5 stars
October 27, 2016
The movie was well done, the actors were great /especially Steve Carell who was simply brilliant/ but it still couldn't touch me...
½ October 23, 2016
Well-acted, but slowly-paced without ultimately enough final reward.
½ October 16, 2016
A good movie i don't want to see again because of the uncomfortable and eerie feeling you get watching it.
October 11, 2016
It's not a very good start to finish movie. While it picks up at a perfect pace, and leaves us hanging, it takes a darker turn than expected, and never lightens up again after that.
½ October 7, 2016
Did not keep my attention in the beginning so i got bored and turned it off
October 7, 2016
Utterly heart breaking movie. I was devastated and dissolved in tears by the end of this film which was about a great human tragedy. Nothing more saddening and shocking than it being based on a true story. If there is one thing we can learn from this film is, never be enticed by any rich lonely middle aged man whose mother had to pay children to befriend him during childhood. Stunning performance from Mark Ruffalo, Channing Tatum and Steve Carell. The first 10 minutes of seeing Channing and Mark wrestling and supporting each other was my favourite because the sibling love cannot come across more sweet and moving. Playing the dark, lonely, and miserable Dupont, Steve Carell cannot be further than the comedian we are familiar with. Yet Carell was just stunning and showed us why he was Oscar worthy. We love the very buff Mark Ruffalo playing Dave Schulz because he was the the light, the rock and mountain of stability, the strength, the goodness and the brotherly man in this very dark film. That is why the ending of the film was just so heart shattering. Because it did happen.