Free Birds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Free Birds Reviews

½ June 24, 2016
Mission thanksgiving. The turkeys time to fight back!

It is definitely an underrated animation. Okay, I agree, Disney is solely dominating the animation industry, especially at present. But this film is no masterpiece like that Disney makes yet not bad to ignore complete. Yes, there are flaws in it, but very acceptable as they're just minors. In the animations, the real world logics won't apply. So you should try to enjoy it than trying to find the errors.

This film is targeted for children, but then anybody can watch it because it is a beautiful theme with some real laughs in it, only if you forget that you are an adult for a 90 minute. Technically the film quality matches with Disney, Pixer, Dreamworks and even the Sony animation. It is a fine achievement for an outside/new production house to come up with like this. I hope Reel FX would make more animations in the future and compete directly with these top companies.

It was really a star studded cast. I did not know who were they all, but I identified them by their voices. As far as the story, too easy to predict, but somehow it managed to keep me glued to it with its entertaining contents. It is a time travel theme and a quite entertaining film made by the 'Horton Hears a Who' director.

Some are saying it is anti-thanking giving film, but I think it is just a fun film. Although, it was kind of like 'Happy Feet', where a bunch of turkeys tries to loose their kind from the humans grip. But narrated differently, something like in the line of 'Penguins of Madagascar'. I don't think anybody can regret watching it, but then there are people with expectations, so it might fail at them. Overall, it was a decent film for sure if not great as other animations that came in the same year. Waiting for its sequel about 'mission turducken'.

7/10
June 19, 2016
Garbage movie about birds going to get themselves off the thanksgiving menu
June 12, 2016
too avatarish plot-wise but it also has it moments.
½ June 8, 2016
160608: If I was a turkey, I'd be very insulted by this movie. But, I'm not, so I just LMAO instead. I feel for this movie like I do for Surf's Up (2007). A bit of a hidden gem. Owen Wilson was awesome as Reggie. Many great characters for that matter. I even learned that I will no longer require binoculars for the rest of my life. I may even have to become a vegetarian again. Dark & intense at times but many laughs to be had. Some subtle references to other films and at least one tearful moment. Only one negative, a few bad jokes, but at least they didn't come until the very end of the film. Was a bit of a downer after having enjoyed the film so immensely. Last thing; I want to know much Chuck E Cheese paid for the spot?
½ May 1, 2016
4/30/2016: An ok movie and better than anticipated. Had a few laughs.
March 1, 2016
Great movie, could've have a better storyline
February 27, 2016
fantastic animated film great for the whole family glad I saw it
½ January 4, 2016
Had no idea this movie existed, now I know why.
½ December 20, 2015
Is there an option to rate this 0 stars? Cause if there was I would. This was the worst movie of my life!! It was a waste of money, a waste of time, and I saw it with a person I didn't even like. Unless you have no taste in movies, don't watch it!
December 18, 2015
You'd think this crazy-ass plot about turkeys going back in time to take their kind off the menu at the first Thanksgiving might just be insane enough to be inspired. It's not. Aside from the maybe two laughs that it's given, the audience simply scratches its collective head throughout trying to figure out how this thing got made. If not for being super-noticeably low budget and awfully predictable, this animated effort would get a simple "meh" vote from me. But it's mediocrity and inoffensiveness thus gets downgraded to a "blah!"
½ November 28, 2015
the people who probly never een herd of the movie chicken run and its basicly the same thing they just use the a different way so they try ot fool people
November 16, 2015
lets all enjoy a nice thanks giving pizza
November 2, 2015
This movie really reminds me why i sometimes wish i was be both blind and deaf. It was so hard to stay awake and i couldnt turn it off because i watched it with some friend. It felt as if i had been awake for 3 days in a row. This movie is a turkey about turkeys.
October 25, 2015
the only kids movie is the best
October 17, 2015
Free Birds is a fun and interesting animated movie that kids can enjoy and have a great time at.This movie in my opinion is hated way too much and unfairly because it does have problems on its own but it also has good things in it and above all,good characters that make for a fun ride.
October 14, 2015
"Free Birds" is another instance of wymedia in its reaction to rising criticism of feminism in doubling down on its blatant racisim (Anglophobia are the Euromen-of-choice this time)-cum-misandry. One would have to go to the low-end of its target audience's age group to find even a percentage of viewers naive enough to be impressed by this. Even then, "Free" will lose to a huge number of walk-outs - i.e. mothers toting toddlers out the exit who have been terrified to tears by such adorable gags as an Anglo-man (men are *always*, without exception, the butt-end of the slapstick) having his head turned to a ball of flame by cannonshot. The production is, as pro-critics have pointed out, rather flat, compared to animation vets Disney and Pixar - but production is the *only* reason this movie that takes Chick-Flick to a whole new political-powerplaying, mental-child-abusing level, gets its lone star.
½ September 26, 2015
Why did I waste my time? There were a few giggles, but overall it was bland and formulaic.
September 26, 2015
I loved it, I thought it was very witty and the voice-acting was great :)
September 14, 2015
Somewhere between The Nut Job and Open Season, there is a couple good laughs here but the story is pretty lame which is hard to over come.
½ August 23, 2015
Free Birds might not be a big Thanksgiving classic,but it's neat animation,smart characters,and playful story will make you want to see it every Thanksgiving. Review by Logan Cornn.