Frida - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frida Reviews

½ March 18, 2017
Great movie! If you love Frida's work like I did but don't know much about her life you need to watch this. I feel so much more educated about her.
February 17, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
½ February 12, 2017
Featuring a heart-felt performance from Selma Hayak as artist Frida Kahlo, this is possibly one of the more successful artist biopics I have seen.
January 4, 2017
Simple, easy & straight forward.
November 22, 2016
Salma Hayek is truly fabulous. Alfred Molina Is quite perfect too!
The story lacks a lot of things, but they are trying to portray an artist in just 2 hours.... And I think they did a good job.
September 25, 2016
Love everything about this movie...
September 24, 2016
I first watched Frida when I knew absolutely nothing about her and the time period background when Mexico was going through and Mexico in general. The second time I watched is decades later, I have learned much about and taken intense interests in Mexico as well as Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera and all other things around them, I then absolutely adore this movie immensely.

The movie has some of its excellent visual effects to tell the story of some certain sequences. And because the centerpiece is around Mexico and Frida, one has to expect to see so much of Mexico City. I remember they even used The Gran Hotel interior as part of Frida' s journey in Paris. And it really fits. Of course there is Day of the Dead as well. I can probably go on forever on all the Mexican elements I love about Frida. But most importantly, the life-long struggles of Frida' s is painstaking but inspiring. I really admire Frida.
July 31, 2016
Love love Frida the story is great and the music is out of this world
July 13, 2016
Such a beautiful film I was sleeping on!!
July 11, 2016
Film biografico di discreta fattura che ci introduce un personaggio di cui forse si Ŕ sentito parlare per sfuggita. Le opere dell'artista vengono inserite e contestualizzate all'interno del film in modo eccellente e la ricostruzione scenografica Ŕ piuttosto convincente. La scelta degli attori Ŕ riuscita ma il film in generale non va oltre la sufficienza. In troppe occasioni perde la velocitÓ di narrazione che caratterizzava le scene precedenti e fin troppo spesso non ci sono abbastanza elementi da tenere alto l'interesse nello spettatore.
½ April 24, 2016
An exceptional and visually striking biopic of an extraordinary painter. Great performances throughout, and more importantly, major props to director Julie Taymor. Frida is terrific.
April 5, 2016
Great biopic about someone not english and very worldly. Salma is doing a superb job. The visuals are very colorful, imaginative and convey a feel of grandeur. Great portrait.
April 5, 2016
½ March 27, 2016
An interesting look at Frida Kahlo's adult life. The cinematography fits the mood.
February 21, 2016
Salma Hayek does an outstanding job. "Frida" is a biopic about suffering that is beautiful in almost every aspect.
½ February 17, 2016
watched this in psyc today! it was so boring!
½ February 3, 2016
Frida takes multiple stylistic cheap shots and forsakes much of its authenticity for pandering to a mainstream audience, but its transcendent performances and gorgeous visual palette make it well worth a watch.
½ January 14, 2016
There are some glimpses at a unique artist, but too much of the film is focused on a bad romance story. It's very graphic too. (First and only viewing - 1/15/2016)
December 13, 2015
Biopic of Frida Kahlo, a monobrowed mexican artist fighting sexism in several aspects of her life. Not too bad but pretty boring in general. I bet there aint many women who can get back at their husband's infidelity by getting off with Trotsky, nice one Frida.
October 4, 2015
I learned about a lot Frida Kahlo in my Spanish class and we eventually watched this movie. I thought Frida was a decent but very fascinating biopic. It may have not describe the events of Frida's life in the best way but it did its job. Very spirited and emotional, this film can be very moving for some people. You don't care for any characters in this film besides Frida and Diego. Salma Hayek and Alfred Molina act off each other very well in this movie. The colors and sets were eye candy for movie lovers. I probably got all I needed from this film in one viewing but the movie flowed nicely, had good acting, and was an overall interesting film.