Friends With Benefits - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friends With Benefits Reviews

November 24, 2017
Better than average rom-com. Timberlake has turned into a surprisingly good actor.
September 29, 2017
All family members stupid, Woody ok, Justin terrible actor.
August 24, 2017
"Friends With Benefits" stands out among other romcoms in that it doesn't feel as forced as most others do, in terms of both story and humor; not only that, but the production value gives the impression that the whole of it was directed with care and artistic feel.
Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis really know how to complement each other, and - as mentioned by many other critics - clearly display their chemistry. The countless back-and-forths, quick and witty in a way that only exists in movies, make the movie feel dynamic and modern, but also relatable to a certain degree (even though a tad bit surreal). This dynamicity gets a little stale nearing the ending, along with the story becoming a little long-winded, although both pick up pace again at the very end.
The cinematography is acceptable, however, many outdoor scenes were given a bloom/glow effect in post-production, which I find to be absolutely detestable (but that could just be me).
All in all: one of the better and more recommendable romcoms.
August 23, 2017
Chick flick that pulls all the right strings. Too cute for my tastes. I forgot about it the moment it ended.
August 6, 2017
Quite enjoyed this harmless Rom-com. All the basic ingredients to the formula are here...with a bit of a raunchy twist. Where other romatic films will often skirt around the subject...this script makes no excuses and is very matter-of-fact about the joys of sex and the highs and lows of being 'friends with benefits'. Timberlake and Kunis do well together and there is definitely chemistry. They are both very attractive people...and so there is (a naked) something for everyone here. There are some lovely awkward, funny moments which make you think 'Yup, been there....' and some amusing scenes born from the complete breakdown of relationship based courtesy. This is a decent film with a sharp script and good performances.
½ July 17, 2017
Pretty good movie with Mila and Justin. Tells a decent story and has a couple funny parts.
May 5, 2017
I was expecting a very questionable, disposable movie. But Friends with Benefits is one of the better RomComs of the 21st century. Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis both add another good performance to their CV and Woody Harrelson is terrifically funny. This film combines intelligent characters suffering real life struggles and an interesting romance. It is a little bit sexist at times but only in a lighthearted way.
February 15, 2017
All of the clichÚs you'd expect in a romcom, but roughly covered over with a patina of snappy patter to make it seem as if the whole concoction is a fresh thing. The chemistry between the leads add mucho spice too.
½ February 8, 2017
Eh.... my wife likes it. Mila kunis makes it bearable to watch
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 16, 2016
Fabulous mixed modern comedy at a casual romance
December 8, 2016
Fun relationship farce has more story than its rival film of that year, No Strings Attached (2011). Not that the aforementioned rival was bad. The cast has fun with this one. On Blu-ray.
November 17, 2016
Although the chemistry between Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis is evident, this film is just full of cliches of the genre and the plot is very similar too (The Proposal).
½ October 30, 2016
Pretty good, funny, good!
½ October 15, 2016
Love the witty banter. And Mila and Justin have great chemistry.
September 26, 2016
Super funny and surprisingly sweet. One of my new favorites!! Love Mila Kunis!!
½ August 16, 2016
Milk wins this round. This version of the 'friends with benefits' movies of the same year is a much more enjoyable and romantic watch. Sorry Ashton.
August 16, 2016
Apesar de uma ou duas cenas dispensáveis,' Amizade Colorida' tem bastante ritmo, à (C) exato nas dosagens de momentos cômicos e sentimentais e conta com o inquestionável carisma da dupla de protagonistas. Atà (C) agora, a melhor rom-com do ano.
½ August 12, 2016
This movie made me wish I had cancer
August 2, 2016