Galaxy Quest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Galaxy Quest Reviews

May 17, 2017
With a great cast and clever premise, Galaxy Quest is the rare spoof that's actually funny.
May 4, 2017
Galaxy Quest is a fun movie. Its humor makes it a great comedy and it is filled with action. The cast is also terrific. It remains entertaining even after watching it a few times. (First viewing - Early 2000 in theaters)
April 29, 2017
had higher expectaions. was not funny at all. i dont know how this movie got a high rating. and it was alittle dumb
½ April 22, 2017
4/22/2017 (2): A decent movie. Not many laugh out loud moments, but still entertaining with a great cast.
April 12, 2017
A very enjoyable Star Trek "parody" that's better than any Star Trek movie
April 3, 2017
Good spoof of Star Trek. Tim Allen, who despite being so likable always seems to end up in mediocre movies, finally finds himself with a script to suit him.
December 31, 2016
Tim Allen's comedy is the best!
December 29, 2016
Whether your a Star Trek fan or not, Galaxy Quest is a fun, hilarious and boisterously magnetic sci-fi spoof that pays homage while also standing alone as it's own smart film.
½ December 16, 2016
Fun sci-fi movie with a great cast.
December 12, 2016
Was actually properly funny
XD
½ December 2, 2016
Very funny, very good movie. 3 1/2 stars. Sigourney Weaver steals the show.
½ December 1, 2016
Great movie. Has a family feel to me. For an older movie it's a great movie. Super cool acting and even better story!!
November 3, 2016
Really fun send up of both Trek and washed up genre actors. Has fun with the subjects without ridiculing them. Good times.
October 22, 2016
It's a winner. Even 17 years later, this movie is still funny and worth watching. The CGI's slightly dated look is just right for the nature of this satire. The comic timing of every actor is close to perfect.
½ October 15, 2016
Not really that funny. It is more of a coming of age story. The story is pretty good and concentrates nicely on each character. The characters do a really good job. It was good to see Alan Rickman. Overall it was a decent movie.
October 11, 2016
It's really dumb, but it's also really clever. It's cheesy as can be, but so likable. I went in expecting to just groan the whole time (I did for the first third), but by the last third, I was enjoying myself thoroughly. It's not a masterpiece, but it's really fun.
½ September 11, 2016
What a perfect way to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Star Trek! This looked cheesy, and the premise (actors roped into an intergalactic adventure) seemed worthy of Ed Wood... but I'd heard it has a cult following, so when it popped up on Netflix I gave it a chance.

It's actually a pretty adorable parody of Star Trek in which washed up actors playing the fan club circuit do get roped into an adventure - but much of the wit comes from the unlikely circumstances through which everything plays out just like an episode of Star Trek - and the spectrum of reactions that the actors have toward this.

It's entirely unlike "Spaceballs". In that movie, Mel Brooks just used Star Wars as a canvas on which to put his shtick. Galaxy Quest is done from the inside - it was clearly written by big Star Trek fans who simultaneously love the show while being acutely aware of its absurdities, and who have a similar love and amusement for the Trekkies who take their love of the show a little too far.
August 28, 2016
This has been on my list of movies I've been meaning to see for years, and I'm so glad I finally pulled the trigger on it. It is a brilliantly meta send-up on sci-fi tropes and conventions. But it's also a lovely and heartwarming story about people stepping up and reluctantly becoming the heroes they were only pretending to be. Now I wish this would've become a franchise. Ahead of its time,and more relevant than ever.
August 21, 2016
It gets better as time goes on.
½ August 9, 2016
As ridiculous as this movie is it is still one that I find incredibly enjoyable every time that I watch it. It brilliantly spoofs Star Trek and convention culture while at the same time offering a decent sci-fi space exploration story. I found this to be very fun and I can't recommend it enough.