The Godfather, Part III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Godfather, Part III Reviews

September 18, 2017
Just doesnt measure up whatsoever to the first 2. Theres some great cinematography tho
August 3, 2017
A decent Godfather flick. Even if this has gone from complex characters and stories to over the top acting, over the top writing and even over th top killing, I have to say it's really not a bad movie. All I have to say is screw Sophia and that butthole whining about his lucky coat.
August 3, 2017
It was not as good as the spectacular part I and II, but it was a good ending movie, but coming back after 15 years is not the wisest move, don't you agree?
½ July 19, 2017
Aside from Sofia Coppola's bland performance and a tedious third act, The Godfather trilogy is concluded in spectacular fashion. Pacino was outstanding as Michael and the story makes some good points. Truly one of the greatest series of all time
July 18, 2017
Unfortunately does not live up to the anticipation.
½ July 11, 2017
Terrible, lost all feeling from the first two Godfather's, tried too hard to be smart and what a shockingly bad ending
July 11, 2017
The Godfather might be the best film of all time, Godfather 2 is one of the best. Despite the hatred for this film, it is still a very good film. Not incredible, but still very good. Definitely better than what people rate it, simply because it did not live up to the first two.
June 26, 2017
Definitely not my favorite of the 3 but it's hard when the first 2 were just that good. It still portrays well, from my historical knowledge, much of the struggle of the mob families to legitimize their business dealings and try to enjoy life in the later age of the mafia in America. Al Pacino performs brilliantly and I enjoyed Joe Mantegna in his roll. Definitely worth the watch if you were a fan of the previous 2 films.
June 9, 2017
Not better than the first movie
June 2, 2017
There is a clear tendency to compare this film to the previous ones, and how is not going to be, being directed by Francis Ford Coppola and written by Mario Puzo and Coppola? Why not hope that the continuation of the story of the Corleone family is as good as its predecessors? Unfortunately, it is not.
However, this film is usually judged in comparison to the greatness of The Godfather I and Godfather II and not for its cinematographic merits. True, it is not comparable to its predecessors, but still has a solid history that rivals that of previous films but lacks the subtle narrative that plunged us into the complexity of the plots and characters that presented us, but still Thus, the story is complex and deep and teaches us how Michael Corleone, tired of his life as a mafia leader, tries to rectify himself in some way by his actions and try to ensure that his family is protected under the legalization of it.
Despite this, there are parts in the film that equally take away the realism that previous releases had given us and that is mainly the biggest mistake: The unrealism and incoherence present in almost the entire film in many scenes. However, the film is still strong in its message and in the allegory it uses. The moment of the climax is just as well achieved as those of previous films, mixing the ups and downs of music with the murders and the same opera and the voice of Tony Corleone to add a more tragic sentiment to the end to come.

Finally, it seems that the decline of quality (always compared to its predecessors) coincides with the decline of Michael Corleone as the Head of the Family and in turn, giving Vincent the head of the family injecting "new blood" to the Corleone family and the reference to the previously seen with Vito and Michael reminds us that we are still seeing a Godfather film and that despite not being so good, is still, undoubtedly, a great film that gives a great closure to one of the best trilogy in the history of cinema.
½ April 27, 2017
Come on people this hole series is crap. And this is the worst one. Do not see any of the Godfather movies they are all crap
March 13, 2017
One of three movies which ever made me sob. Poignancy reaches new heights.
March 4, 2017
A very mixed bag of good and bad, The Godfather Part 3 barely makes an effort to conclude one of the best stories in cinema
February 24, 2017
The themes and tropes we've come to know and love are always present, but the acting is a bit off and the film over all feels like it's length compared to the first film which feels shorter than it is. It seems like the actors and writers forgot who the characters were during the time between Part II and Part III. Overall, it's an above average movie that gives us an emotional and satisfying conclusion to tragic story of Michael Corleone.
February 22, 2017
Part 3 is a solid end to the 'Godfather' trilogy but it doesn't come without a few clear flaws such as the run-time, which can tend to drag due to it's tedious story at times, and the casting of Michael Corleones daughter. Also a nod must be given to Andy Garcia as he is a nice fresh addition, arguably the best part of the movie, and offers a much needed burst of energy to the film.
February 19, 2017
Although its two predecessors are among the best films I've ever seen, I had ignored this movie for 27 years because I had heard it was "bad". Then I saw it and was very pleased and surprised. Yes, it isn't as good as the first two, but it is a very good movie, and there are only a few things that kept this from being a great film. With a slightly simpler structure, more confident writing, and slightly less melodrama It would have hit the jackpot. As it is, the film is intriguing and well worth watching. You must see the first two before this one, but I would recommend that they be seen as two parts of the same film, whereas this one is different, much more a sequel than a continuation..
February 16, 2017
The best of the trilogy, and frankly the only one I could follow.
January 30, 2017
A few more great scenes than the 2nd one, but doesn't measure up to the original. It does have some nice moments and does nicely closely out the series. Still like the others, very drawn out before hitting any worthwhile scenes.
½ January 20, 2017
The last of The Godfather films is indeed the weakest of the trilogy, and by a substantial margin. While the previous two films featured legendary pacing and execution, this one is unfathomably sloppy throughout, and a dreaded hour too long. In fact, the film even feels cartoonish at times, with thunderous gunplay and predictable violence that might have felt more at home in Scarface, but feel gratuitous for this more proper gangster saga. It really is difficult to ascertain that both Coppola and Puzo had their hand in this largely disappointing sequel, save a moment or two of high quality, and a final image that's memorable but unearned.
½ January 14, 2017
A very satisfying movie that is underrated for being overshadowed by it's predecessors.