Good Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Good Time Reviews

January 18, 2018
This isn't conventional Hollywood-horror/thriller "suspense" but something more primal. Pattinson's performance is one of the year's finest and a revelation for anyone who has wanted to pigeonhole him as an actor.
½ January 15, 2018
The acting and music score make you feel on edge the entire movie. It's an intense ride worth viewing.
January 15, 2018
****
Unconventional, vivid and riveting from start to finish, 'Good Time' is the definition of a thriller. What sets it apart from other entries in this genre however is the way in which none of the characters - with the exception of Pattinson's brother (played by co-director Benny Safdie) - are at all likeable. In fact, the majority are extremely unlikable. Yet the film doesn't judge them. It sits back, and lets us, the audience, make our own decisions about their morality. Not only is this extremely smart filmmaking from the Safdie Brothers, but it also makes for one hell of a riveting experience; as we follow the mishaps, the misdemeanours and the missteps of our characters. The performances are all brilliant, but Robert Pattinson is by far the stand out in a role like nothing you've ever seen from him before. The pacing occasionally suffers, particularly in a sequence involving Jennifer Jason Leigh, but from that point on this movie was a beautiful, yet ugly look at the life of an unhinged criminal.
½ January 15, 2018
Have to see movie on Netflix
January 14, 2018
This movie is incredible. I'm not a movie person but signed up to give it this rating. What a ride - incredible acting and cinematography
January 14, 2018
Energetic and sounds great! Not to mention a great performance from Robert Pattinson.
January 14, 2018
Great performances from both leads. Robert Pattinson is a quality actor, vampire films notwithstanding, and he deserves good roles. But his recent output suggests his audience thinks otherwise as he goes from blockbuster to low budget indie films. This centres on two completely amoral losers - Pattinson's character thinks nothing of hoodwinking kind strangers and trying it on with a girl of questionable legality while his brother sees the world around as existing just to please him - and they will stop at nothing to get their own way. It's good to see someone with a learning disability played as a bad guy rather than a noble savage. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid they ain't and the moral vacuum that exists at the
heart of this makes for uneasy viewing. It's certainly played realistically. The dialogue is obviously loosely scripted giving the scenes a harsh immediacy and the score reminds me of a seventies heist movie. It's well executed. But you won't be cuddling on the sofa with popcorn watching it. Anyway Pattinson, you've done enough now to atone for your vampire. Get back in the big time
January 13, 2018
Fast paced frenetic action throughout. Pattinson's best performance.
January 10, 2018
Wish I could give 6 stars to this masterpiece!
January 9, 2018
What a great non-stop, thrilling ride. Robert Pattinson is great, so is the directing and the cinematography. Worth checking out.
January 8, 2018
This sticks with you long after watching it.
½ January 7, 2018
great movie! a must watch.
January 7, 2018
The secondhand anxiety I felt while watching this movie almost had me reaching for medication. It's truly a non-stop movie. Events in the movie spiral wildly out of control, and they keep getting worse and weirder. What begins as a simple escape caper, turns into a heart-pounding scramble to find and sell a bottle of pure LSD. Getting from point A to point B there is crazy, upside down, and full-on gritty. The movie oozes style and aesthetic, while never compromising it's merciless intensity and relentless pacing. I loved every second of this cinematic anxiety attack.
January 7, 2018
A thrilling, taut, intense and very sad film bolstered by superb performances from Robert Pattinson and Benny Safdie. Good Time is a neon-tinged dark thriller that is actually a great time for audiences, not so much for the brothers at the heart of the film.
January 5, 2018
Very interesting and suspenseful. Pattinson does a fantastic job as the lead.
½ January 5, 2018
The fast-paced and disjointed videography of the movie really worked with the engaging plot line.
January 4, 2018
Never before has somebody drinking a bottle of Sprite made me wince in sympathetic pain and terror.
January 4, 2018
Good Time blends together a thrilling narrative with imprisoning cinematography, editing, and music for a nerve-racking, yet hypnotic theater experience.

I never would've thought Robert Pattinson for this role, but he nails all things sly, charming, and grimy.
½ January 3, 2018
Best score of the year. RPatts killed it. Well done all around.