The Goonies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Goonies Reviews

½ September 18, 2017
2017-09-18 amusing enough
September 10, 2017
Goonies never say die, and neither will the greatness of the film. From nostagia, heart, thrill of adventure to the overall heart of this movie. The legacy lives on.
½ September 5, 2017
Surprisingly funny and full entertainment, the Goonies is a great watch for both modern kids and adults alike!
August 23, 2017
A classic that never gets old. I grew up watching this movie and I watch it all the time now.
August 22, 2017
A fun romp with an exciting story and really likable characters!
½ August 13, 2017
Perhaps with good visual effects and with a great soundtrack, however The Goonies delivered the impression of a lazy work in the script and of the overacted performances that turned the movie less credible. Furthermore, the story isn't nor original or compelling enough to entertain and fails to avoid the boredom that I expected since the beggining, even if it starts improving at the middle, but to late to make the spectator turn off the tv.
July 20, 2017
The Goonies is a lot of fun. All actors play a vital role in the film's success; adopting their character's quirky personalities wonderfully. The Goonies is action galore but becomes overly frenetic. Jump cuts disrupt flow & noise level alone makes actors' dialogue hard to follow. The Goonies certainly has visual humour & thrills, but the underground setting limits variety, and the film sacrifices any balance of light and shade. The Goonies is a film that captures your emotional investment, both in the characters and the fight for justice that they are involved in. It's easy to see why many have affection for The Goonies' lovable characters and unwavering sense of adventure.
July 14, 2017
This is my favorite movie by far. Has a lot of language and se Yao jones but that's what gives the movie it's sense of humor. It was absolutely amazing!!!
July 12, 2017
pure nostalgia epic movie
July 9, 2017
I first saw this movie when it was released back in 1985. That's over 30 years ago and I was much younger and I enjoyed it then. However, my taste has changed since then, and although it's still entertaining, I found it brash and just very...loud. My taste in movies has definitely changed.
½ July 5, 2017
Nostalgia lost here... at least for me. It just doesn't hold up like I expected it to. It's still fun, still well scored and everything comes together... except the plot... the writing makes little sense at times. The dialogue is plain terrible at times.

I rarely say these words... a remake may not be the awful idea it usually is.
@wolfmanwalter13
June 23, 2017
Epic fun and that great 80's feel. Takes me back in time to when i was a kid everytime I watch it. This is the imagination you had as a kid put into movie form. Thanks steven spielberg
Christopher O.
June 12, 2017
A movie I have never seen until this weekend. Spielberg uses his magic to create a Indiana Jones type adventure featuring talented young actors who most have gone on to bigger and better things. It is well acted and written but can be too noisy that it distracts. I laughed and was thrilled at the same time. A great oldie but goodie for family viewing. 06-12-2017
½ May 1, 2017
A fun, wacky film from childhood times.
½ April 3, 2017
Sweet and entertaining movie from the 80s. A kid version of Indiana Jones.
April 1, 2017
Classic movie that kids today will still enjoy!
March 17, 2017
A great adventure movie for kids and everyone in general. So fun and delightful and creative. One of my favorites.
March 5, 2017
Despite the problems it has, this film is still a fun good time decades later after its release!
½ March 3, 2017
Every time i were the Goonies shirt I get comments on it..
February 12, 2017