Green Book - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Green Book Reviews

April 24, 2019
This film was breathtaking! I couldn't breath when it was sad, when it was ugly, when it was violent, when it was touching when it was funny! What a great film! What a sad but great story! 2 amazing men who changed their individual worlds and then the ugly world if only by watching this film! Then the actors! Breathtaking! The sublet facial expressions of Mahersala Ali that either made u burst out laughing or tear up and everything in between were bewitching. Viggo Mortensen amazing, talking with his mouthful, or a beautiful master punch, or stop in your tracks words of wisdom delivered in the simplest of ways, great performances by incredibly talented geniuses! Supporting cast did not fail either, Linda Cardellini was a standout! Thank you everyone who made this happen including Octavia Spencer! Very special lady and she's just getting started! Great film!
April 24, 2019
The Green Book is a marvellous mix. A mix of 2 complex characters from opposite ends of the spectrum. Who begin a very informative journey together. It is such a delight to see Tony Lip (a sarcastic Italian- American set in his ways) befriend a man from such a drastically different world. Dr. Don Shirley ( a talented, black, pianist of a more posh status) whom meets Tony when he applies for a job. A job that would change his life in thee best way possible. From the heart of Peter Farrelly comes friendship, hardships and life lessons. I love the ever growing bond between Dr. Shirley and Tony throughout the whole film. How Tony begins this story as a sceptic and a bit of a racist, ending in acceptance for this magnificent man and how he finally learns that skin colour is but a coating of a human being. It is not what defines us. And we are thrilled to see him realise this and come to terms with it. The dialogue is very clever! Cracking subtle and not so subtle jokes here and there keeps the audience breathless with laughter. The Green Book also brings our attention to racism in the 1930's. How such a simple thing as walking into a building could cost you your pride and dignity just for the colour of your skin. It also reflects to modern days and how there are still Tony's all around the world who are unable to accept people no matter their nationality or their origin. If only the whole world had the wholesome bond that Tony and Dr. Shirley had in the end.
April 23, 2019
Are the Italians really so?
Are the Blacks really so?
½ April 23, 2019
I really enjoyed the comedy and the character development and chemistry. That made it really entertaining for me and one of my favorite movies. The plot was very simple though which is a pity when the rest of it was great.
½ April 22, 2019
Movie with a little bit of drama, salt and pepper and a bit of color and comedy. Just love It!
April 22, 2019
A movie in which there was not a second's pause. Super story, acting and sensitivity.
½ April 22, 2019
An experience that make you feel warm inside. Recomend to everyone who want to watch something relaxing and mostly calm yet very satisfying
April 21, 2019
Wow! The green book was just an amazing.
April 21, 2019
Great movie, which deserves an Oscar!
April 20, 2019
The development of the two men as they both haltingly move in a closer and closer relationship made this one of the most rewarding films of the last decade -- yes those times were difficult -- lived through them. Took a trip cross country trip with my Afro-American friend in 1971; lost count of the times we were stopped and 'shaken-down'.
Hopefully this was seen by Gen-X and Y'rs so they can see and feel what those times were like.
April 20, 2019
amazing, go see it, or rent it, but watch it with family, great story and performances
April 19, 2019
Hermosa! Eso fue hacer historia.
½ April 18, 2019
The chemistry between Mahershala Ali and Viggo Mortensen is charming and captivating. A very heartfelt movie, that somehow came in short, through the lack in the depth exploration of Ali's character.
April 18, 2019
Loved it. Acting was terrific.
½ April 17, 2019
A moving feel-good story defined by the chemistry exhibited by the unusual leads. Surprising at every turn and entertaining. Perhaps too conveniently mushy at the end, but overall a great watch.
April 16, 2019
A well deserving Best Picture winner, with a lot of humor, a great deal of emotions and far more issues to solve than meets the eye. Stellar acting performances from Ali and Mortensen and Farrelly's masterful direction make it a treat to watch
April 16, 2019
Man I was hoping bc this got such great ratings it would surpass the boring trailer and the really sad cover and to my surprise... It did NOT DO ANY BETTER! Darn it! It seriously never left the ground for us! I had maybe two funny times and other than that fell super flat! We did like the two main actors but it just wasn't good enough to make a movie! I think it showed good on the terrible way the backs were treated back then and maybe that just leaves me sad in itself and we are white! But overall it would not be a show I would want to watch again. It's like it never got enough steam to get over the mountain but that's the writers faults not the cast!
½ April 15, 2019
A feel good movie. Good one, let's not take that away. But, Best Picture? C'mon.
April 14, 2019
A lighthearted film which manages to touch on a couple of topics without over doing it and will almost definitely have you in tears by the end.
½ April 14, 2019