Green Book - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Green Book Reviews

December 11, 2018
A fairly pleasant time due to the film's charismatic two leads and their endearing chemistry.
½ December 11, 2018
Great performances from the leads. Feel good story.
December 11, 2018
Excellent acting by both lead actors. While the story line might be somewhat cliched (as per some movie critics), it is based on real events. And the chemistry builds beautifully.
New type of role for Viggo Mortensen as well as Mahershala Ali. Also it was good to see Linda Cardellini after ER.
December 11, 2018
Sure one of the better movies this fall, but played the card. Yes, being a black man white man relationship story was not enough... and why nothing about the 'role' or lack thereof of his bandmates? Left me with questions. Plus the bar scene seemed like total Hollywood BS is it real -I don't know- but diminishes the power of the story with such a Hollywood scene, where he gets to either a) express his repressed inner blackness or b) just pose/play along for the Black crowd like he does for the White crowd. This after some how not knowing who/about the famous Motown acts of the day?
½ December 11, 2018
This movie with both entertaining and informative! I think they did a really good job at highlighting the social ideas during this time period. The acting was phenominal! I suggest that everyone sees this movie.
December 11, 2018
GREAT MOVIE, paying and GOING SEE at a THEATER MOVIES: "Green Book(2018)"! I may PAY and GO SEE this movie AGAIN at a THEATER!
December 11, 2018
This is a great movie. Based on real events.
December 11, 2018
Though flawed, this is a serious crowd-pleaser in the vein of HIDDEN FIGURES - expect the box office to reflect that with a healthy dose of positive word-of-mouth.
Thoroughly enjoyed it!
December 10, 2018
Highly recommend!Sooo grrreat on every level!!!
Moving & satisfying film, worthy of many Academy Awards!
½ December 10, 2018
As well acted as any movie I've seen this year.
December 10, 2018
This was a very good movie. It was engaging and had an excellent pace to it. Viggo was fantastic. I highly recommend it.
½ December 10, 2018
Beautifully done film. Poignant and touching and, at many times, hilarious. Beautifully shot and superb performances. The only reason I didn't give 5 full starts was that the story was predictable. Definitely see it.
½ December 10, 2018
Brilliant buddy adventure with tones about racism, identity and culture. Able to hit the serious and amusing tones without any compromise to the film. Each scene is entertaining and well throughout keeping viewers engaged.
December 10, 2018
The simplicity of this story was part of the charm, because it didn't try to do too much. The acting was top notch, and the characters were very well defined. Very enjoyable, I highly recommend it.
December 9, 2018
This movie is sooo good! I rarely write reviews but I just had to after seeing this. It should easily be the best movie of the year if not the decade! You will not be disappointed!
December 9, 2018
Excellent film. Great story, great acting and lots of heart - all the more remarkable that it's based on a true story. One of the best road trips I've ever taken!
It was a great movie.
December 9, 2018
I loved Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born. However #GreenBook was AMAZING, OUTSTANDING AND AWESOME!!!