Grown Ups - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grown Ups Reviews

½ November 16, 2016
Grown Ups is far from original and the jokes are lazy and immediately fall flat. Movies like this don't deserve a sequel.
November 6, 2016
I completely loved this movie, there are some parts that you might not want your child to watch but other than some of those this is a very good kids movie. It's funny but there are some negatives to the movie including the storyline which could be considered very boring.
October 31, 2016
I really enoughed the film. Found it funny and enjoyed the story
October 10, 2016
Typical Adam Sandler movie
October 6, 2016
This movie is just terrible. Honestly, do you know anybody who can tell you the plot to Grown Ups? Exactly, it doesn't have one. Putting a bunch of funny people in a movie with no plot doesn't make it a good movie.
September 21, 2016
Grown Ups is directed by Dennis Dugan, and it stars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, Kevin Spade, and Rob Schneider in a comedy film about a group of basketball players at their young age got back together at a much older age after their coach passed away, and go to a cottage to reconnect each other. I wasn't really much looking forward to it, it might've been cool at the time to see a lot of comedians be here at one movie, but this is Happy Madison Productions, so I wouldn't be expecting much out of it even if I watch it in theaters, and after watching it, the movie didn't disappoint me of being a really bad film. I've seen most of the comedians in funnier films, so I know they can be funny, but in this, they were seriously lacking in good jokes. The movie didn't had much of a plot nor an arc going on, and the summary that I've made at the beginning, was barely a plot also, but it was the best that I can think of in terms of this barely having a plot as this felt like a bunch of failed attempts of a skit. I didn't care about the characters that much as they were a bunch of dirtbags, and they're like that almost the entire film. Are there any good stuff in there? Actually I can think of some stuff in my mind, although not much. When it gets to the end, there were some jokes that I actually laughed at, and the shots of the pool slide scene looks really good as it shows the happiness that the actors are having fun in, even if it lasted for probably 40 seconds or less. In terms of the sequel, it's marginally better than that, but that's a low bar to go through, and it's really not saying much for it.
September 12, 2016
Horrible movie! I would use the service from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to get rid of the memory of this movie.
September 5, 2016
I don't understand all the flack this film gets. A lot funnier than most of the comedies that come out nowadays
September 5, 2016
Kevin James is about as hilarious as Dane Cook, and I'm being nice about that!
½ September 2, 2016
the soundtrack was the best thing about it......and the girls playing Rob's two hot as f*** daughters.....otherwise meh
½ August 28, 2016
Who wrote the script for this lazy ass of a film?
August 27, 2016
Great group of characters but not good directing
½ August 24, 2016
??????????????this movie sucks
August 15, 2016
Brilliant film to watch
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Ok film same thing over and over again Now though, No real plot but it's funny in places.
½ July 25, 2016
I don't know why it's called grown ups, It should be called Adam Sandler Kevin James Chris Rock David Spade and Rob Schneider's Behaviour. I hate this film because Adam Sandler can't act, Kevin James is getting worse, Chris Rock isn't really funny, Even Robin Williams is funnier than this, Even a kid who talks about farting is funnier than them two. They're That Bad! This is not the worst comedy ever but it was insanely stupid. It's Funny but again, Comedies have bad stories, You might wanna skip it.

Score: 3/10
July 24, 2016
Adam Sandler is so funny
July 23, 2016
Grown-Ups is an atrocity, a movie that makes you want to sterilize Adam Sandler and all of Hollywood. 0/4
July 17, 2016
Although (embarrassingly enough to admit) somewhat entertaining, Grown Ups does not qualify as a comedy film. The only thing about Grown Ups which is even remotely reminiscent of comedy is how laughably bad it is.
July 16, 2016
one of the best films I've ever seen. well worth the watch if you're into stupid humour!