Gulliver's Travels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gulliver's Travels Reviews

½ March 10, 2017
It only took me 30 minutes to realize how lame this movie really is. Of course it doesn't help that it stars Jack Black, whom I'm not a huge fan of. It has a substantial cast who do their best with the terrible material. It does have some fairly impressive visuals, but that doesn't make for a great movie.
January 12, 2017
Not the most ground-breaking modern re-reading of Jonathan Swift's classic possible, but Rob Letterman's "Gulliver's Travels" is a fun picture. Jack Black is Jack Black once more, energetic and funny as always, and is supported by a delicious host of actors. It's an entertaining little comedy (no pun intended), with several uproarious moments, but the main impression is that Gulliver just got Jack Black-ed big time... and personally I don't see a problem with that whatsoever.
½ December 31, 2016
This reminds me of another older movie that I liked better.
November 25, 2016
Jack Black letting himself be Jack Black can lead to entertaining results as in the excellent School Of Rock. But having him play Gulliver in Gulliver's Travels? That's a stretch. Most of the time, the two don't connect, and it's mostly a weary affair.
½ October 28, 2016
A failed attempt to make Gulliver's Lilliputian experience relevant for modern viewers.
½ August 31, 2016
Unfortunately, Gulliver's Travels fails to do anything remotely original - and, even through a decent leading role from Jack Black and supporting from Emily Blunt - lacks hugely in anything of substance that made the first such a huge hit. A greatly disappointing movie, using CGI instead of good writing.
Verdict: D+
½ July 25, 2016
EPIC FAIL!
Gulliver's travels is such a god bad movie!
The Book Adaptation to film at it's 2nd worst apart from The Cat In The Hat.
20% Movies are Very Bad, But Not bad that you can't watch it in the cinema.
0% Movies do that shit! Still, It's Very Insulting!

My Score Opinion: well, i suppose, not 0%, 9%. Absolutely without a doubt 0.5/10
July 2, 2016
While the story is weak and the movie is easily forgettable it's not that bad, but it's not a must-watch either. If you know what you're getting yourself into, this movie shouldn't be bad or a disappointment.
½ May 22, 2016
just OK remake of this often told tale.
March 27, 2016
With not enough aspirations, It offers entertainment and nothing more.
March 5, 2016
It's a pretty dumb movie but I had a good time watching it. I haven't read the book but it seems like they really weren't trying to follow it. If you think Jack Black is funny, you'll find some enjoyment in this one.
½ February 5, 2016
not a bad film, I enjoy watching it because it is really funny.
December 20, 2015
i liked it. it mildly amused and enertained for the entire movie
½ November 29, 2015
The trailer looked better than the movie. This is jack blacks worst movie EVER!!!
½ September 12, 2015
An embarrassment for all involved.
August 2, 2015
Gulliver's Travels is simply bad comedy that fails to deliver something special
½ July 8, 2015
A movie not for those who cherished the writings. Instead, "Gulliver's Travels" is a goofy, light-hearted comedy about what an anti-social geek would really do in this modern twist some can enjoy.
½ June 9, 2015
It's fun for kids, but it's not enjoyable as a modernization of the classic novel, or as a parody of it.
June 2, 2015
I am going to admit I never finished reading the book because I found some parts rather dull, but still this movie serves as one of my favorite examples of "the book was better than the film".