Happy Death Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Death Day Reviews

March 16, 2018
This movie sucks, I thought the trailers looked really fun but this is just a bad comedy, almost every joke falls flat and there aren't any scares. The ending was disappointing, to be honest it was a struggle to stay awake. This movie would have been passable had it actually been funny but it was just dull to me. 4/10
½ March 13, 2018
????????? ?????? ?/?
March 13, 2018
HAPPY DEATH DAY shows a female protagonist in a conundrum between college melodrama and the Babyface murderer. Given what circumstances she's put under, she becomes flexible personality-wise and dynamically mood-changing. Whether you think that's an amazing and creative idea or just playing it too safe with the critics is up to you. Also, the movie never explains how Tree got stuck in the infinite lives loop.
½ March 9, 2018
Happy Death Day podrķa haber sido un slasher desastroso y sin embargo consigue crear una historia divertida, inteligente en algunos planteamientos, para ser una historia que bebe de fuentes muy claras. Cierto es que no se trata de un gran nuevo hito del terror, pero su visionado es lo suficientemente satisfactorio si no vas con grandes expectativas.
March 8, 2018
Edge of Tomorrow was the action/sci-fi version of Groundhog Day, this is the slasher horror version of it. Makes for an interesting movie despite some of the usual tropes. This time I wasn't pissed off about the twist ending that didn't make any sense, so that's good. The main actress here reminds me of what could be Blake Lively's younger sis, not that it helps the rating or anything, just pointing it out.
March 8, 2018
Although the leading duo of Rothe & Broussard have a splendid on-screen chemistry, "Happy Death Day" delivers a premise, plot, progression & resolution that we have already seen on numerous other films. A good film but with nothing original to offer.

(Updated from 29/01/2018)
March 7, 2018
More great stuff from Blumhouse. Not as interested in skewering horror per se as Scream or Cabin in the Woods, for example, HDD takes aim at less self-directed targets, like oppressive sorority brats, while never losing a handle on its own scares. Wins by being "concept" without a heavy hand.
March 3, 2018
While it uses some of the most cliched cliches in the genre, I think Happy Death Day deserves a little spot in the list of the best horrors of 2017. Even though, it's much funnier than scary. I was, surprisingly, very entertained by this movie, it's a perfect balance between horror and comedy, and promises a bright future from actress Jessica Rothe. Yes, it's a goofy film, but it's a good one and I recommend it !!
March 3, 2018
The first killer excuse was better than the second. Other than that, best slasher since Scream.
March 2, 2018
So fun. So dark. Loved it!
½ February 28, 2018
Happy Death Day is a fun movie. The movie feels as if it was a parody of groundhogs day and a slasher. The movie is a fun mystery and a pretty good experience. It does not have much re watch ability though. Another problem is how it is marketed as a thriller but it really is not. It is more of a comedy and parody. The movie also breaks some of its rules and policies for the repeating of days. Otherwise this is a good movie, give it a check out.
February 26, 2018
Horrible Movie. I Jumped. Twice. Maybe if it wasn't so "funny" it would've been an ok horror movie. Maybe if it was funnier it'd be similar to that of a "Scary Movie". It failed miserably.
February 26, 2018
Pure fun from start to finish in the trappings of Groundhog Day with a horror twist. See it with friends.
February 25, 2018
love the movie it was crazy
½ February 24, 2018
This film was a pleasant surprise. It was much more entertaining that I initially thought it would be. The dark humor and spin on the conventional slasher flick made this film much more interesting and entertaining than I expected it would be.
February 23, 2018
February 23, 2018
What makes this movie great, is it doesn't take itself too seriously. This movie is actually a lot of fun. It isn't the most original idea in the world, nor does it have the best acting. However, it is one of the more fun horror/thriller movies that I have seen in a long time.
½ February 22, 2018
this movie was somewhat entertaining. it's also really dumb with some super cheesy and lame moments. it made me laugh a lot, at some really funny intentional moments, and some very unintended ones. and the scariness factor is 0. i don't know how this is considered a horror movie.

she must be really dumb because i thought of two simple solutions. if the idea is to make it through the day without dying, just get in your car and drive to another state. they tried to shoe it in at the end, she said she's going as far away as possible right before she figured out her room mate is the killer. the other way is so simple. get a gun or some sort of weapon, wait for the killer to come after you and kill him.

i will give it credit for one of the funniest jokes/pranks i've seen. when she wakes up at the end he is dressed in the same clothes and calls her to make her think she's reliving the same day again. priceless. and the twist was kinda decent. goosebumps started a tiny bit, but couldn't get to ownage level.
February 18, 2018
Groundhog Day meets Scream. Entertaining, but not scary.