Happy Feet Two - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Feet Two Reviews

½ May 26, 2017
The first Happy Feet was OK in my opinion, but it did not need a sequel! Really disappointing effort!
May 13, 2017
LEMME B REAL WIT ALL, THIS MOVIE WAS THE GREATEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN. MY BOY COMMON HOLDING IT DOWN AS SEYMOUR BRUH I AINT SEEN A PERFORMANCE LIKE THAT SINCE CUBE IN BARBER SHOP. BUT ALL THAT SINGING WAS WACK THO. FOR THAT 2 STARZ. BUT ON THE REALZ THO HOW DID THEY GET BRAD PITT AND MATT DAMON IN THIS!? LIKE HOW U GO FROM BEING JASON BOURNE TO PLAYING A SUPPORTING ROLL AS A SHRIMP? WOULD RECOMMEND THO
½ March 5, 2017
Happy Feet Two (2011) feels kinda clunky and unimpressive even despite having impressive animation and some heartfelt moments. Granted, Sequels are not that easy to perfect, but I felt like something wasn't right and the story for the most part was confusing. I don't necessarily get what the plot of the movie is. We have one plot about Erik trying to find who he really is. Another about a puffin that everyone claims is a flying penguin and it inspires Erik to fly, another about the penguins being enclosed by blocks of ice and Mumble trying to be a good parent. I could see some of these plot elements working but they are constantly derailed because they try to squeeze in other side plots that are honestly not needed. The characters are not necessarily bad but they're not all that good either. Mumble is now a father which I kinda will admit I did like the concept but because of the other side plots it's merely glanced over. Gloria is still the same love interest like before and Ramone admittedly has become less likable and a little more annoying. The new characters don't really help that much either. Erik is just the cute little penguin and is Mumble's son. He has some cute moments but it really didn't do a lot for me. Sven is a puffin but everyone thinks he's a flying penguin. It does sound funny admittedly but it's used more the story then it is a side gag. The krill are kinda pointless and aren't really that funny. It is possible to make a funny side character that doesn't connect with the story but this is not a good example. The only new character that kinda works is Bryan the elephant seal. I guess I liked him because he was the only character that actually had a purpose to be in this movie and there is a shocking moment between him and mumble in the third act. If the movie has one saving grace it's the animation. For the most part it looks the same but they add in new things like the detail on the krill, the bright colors of the northern lights and some of the texture on the snow. They also bring back live actors but it seems that now they're showing them from different perspectives and admittedly It started to look kinda awkward after a while. I also wish that the humans showed up less because it feels like we've seen them a little more then we should have. The music is not that bad and there are a few good numbers like "Under Pressure and "Bridge of Light" but it feels like the music is starting lose it's charm and the songs have become clumped together instead of flowing smoothly. I wouldn't recommend seeing this movie even if you're a huge fan of the first movie. It does have a couple of good moments and sometimes the story can get interesting, but I feel like they tried to squeeze in too much and I didn't know what the heck was going on most of the time. As for me, I'm going to stick with watching the first movie. It's unfortunate to say that this movie has fallen under the sequel trap (C+)
January 14, 2017
An Animation Masterpiece ð???
½ January 7, 2017
Yeah it a bad movie. but there have cute character l enjoy , animation look nice done but by more complain group has so literality transition the movie is supposed to be. and l pretty hard compulsive This movie is a mess. L had good and wrong of this, this animation is decent, 3D is well done but the story has too much plot focus character there pretty wonder off. lm not sayin there bad like l enjoy first one. and l didn't could relate the sequels.
½ January 2, 2017
The first movie was better than this
October 8, 2016
ilijk
jjjloioikkkjjjokjkkmhbnmjjjuj.ojmkkjnljhijhb,kukmhnmmjjn ml*-,'* 788
£
½ September 10, 2016
Maybe seen the a bit of the same in Happy Feet , but the new story and some new swimming animals make this as good then the first one ! SOMDVD
August 16, 2016
A narrativa (C) bem inferior em relação ao original e a versão dublada tem momentos insuportáveis. De qualquer forma, "Happy Feet 2" vale pela animação caprichada, o 3D bem utilizado e o final emocionante (mesmo!) ao som de Under Pressure. Não (C) uma necessidade, nem uma perda de tempo.
½ July 15, 2016
Alright uhh...not sure what to say about this one. I actually wasn't interested in Happy Feet Two when it came out because I felt it wasn't needed. I didn't even wanna see it when it was out of theaters. My boyfriend really wanted me to see it. So I gave in and watched it on Disney Channel. What do I think? Well, as great as the animation and visuals are, I don't think it's as good as it's predecessor. The narrative felt really incoherent and cluttered with too many subplots, therefore not allowing for lots of character development for the protagonist Eric. He's a nice kid, but I don't find him that engaging. He's really cute though. What worked with the original movie was that it had one main story. This one has too many. What really don't like about the film was it's use of really well-known actors voicing characters that didn't have much to do with the story, specifically Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, and Sophia Vergara. They're really talented actors and I'm sure even they felt that they're talent was wasted. The song sequences save for the last are not really memorable, neither is the comedy. Watching the movie wasn't a waste of my time or anything. Maybe if there was more plot-related focus, better comedy, and developed characters it would've been better. The visuals are still great, the plot is fine even it's unfocused, and the final song number is pretty good. It was also cool to see Mumble and Gloria in parental roles. All in all, Happy Feet Two isn't awful, but I'm gonna stick with the first film
June 3, 2016
Imaginative anthropomorphism, selectively applied. Empathetic penguins are antagonized by single-minded predators. But penguins are predators, too! And the fish on which their diet depends remains a mindless foodstuff, denied even the slightest modicum of agency.

I'd love to see a mash-up feature in which Nemo, having been found, follows Sven to Mumble's Antarctica. Would my 3 year old niece still cheer the Penguins' liberation from their icy prison if it meant Nemo and Dori get ingested for their caloric value?

The krill subplot, centered around the only two krill of a countless swarm not denied agency on their quest for evolutionary self-determination, is wildly amusing. In the end, they have actually managed to alert the mindless herd to the perils of climate change. Brilliant.
March 9, 2016
No es tan genial como su predecesora, pero sigue entreteniendo.
March 1, 2016
Master-of-tap Mumble (Elijah Wood) is no longer the misunderstood emperor penguin who danced when all the others sang, he is now happy with his mate Gloria (Alecia Moore) and their tiny son Erik (Ava Acres). But little Erik, like his father has troubles with self-expression and refuses to dance.

When the amorously inclined Adlie penguin Ramon (Robin Williams); discontent with his romantic prospects as a bachelor amongst the emperor penguins, decides to return home, the acceptance lacking Erik and two of his pals run away and tagging along.

Upon Ramon's arrival home though, things are not as he left them. The Adlie penguins' no longer follow the wacky, sweater-wearing Lovelace (Williams) but The Mighty Sven (Hank Azaria); a rare penguin who can fly!

With no hope of competing with his son's new charismatic new role model, Mumbles world is shaken. But Erik quickly learns about his father's "guts and grit" as he brings together the penguin nations and their allies from all manners of fabulous creatures to put things right.

Returning to the magnificent Antarctic landscape but this time in 3D, Happy Feet Two is funky, fluffy and freezing, but is it twice the toe tapping family fun of its 2006 predecessor.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 19/12/2011
½ February 12, 2016
Difficult to better the first, but great soundtracks.
February 5, 2016
The first one was much better than Happy Feet Two.
November 25, 2015
i want to watch happy feet 2 video
October 17, 2015
Showing the dark side of humanity and global warming, intermixed with singing and dancing penguins, and even with legless walruses ( I think they are) did create a depression versus enjoyment emotional rollercoaster ride, especially with environmentally-conscious adult minds like mine that needed stress-free cartoon entertainment without the human natural resource-hungry profit-greed and environmental threat issues:: Visually, extremely realistic in high definition on Netflix and I can see the next-generation game console after Xbox One - the Xbox Two?
October 13, 2015
Enlarged half of its meaning and managed to handle its given larger scale with squeezed storytelling, this sequel may not been able to foot-tap ahead of its award-winning predecessor, but there's more exhilarating spirit, heart and the same moves in animation and type of energy from the cast. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 24, 2015