Happy Feet Two - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Feet Two Reviews

½ July 15, 2016
Alright uhh...not sure what to say about this one. I actually wasn't interested in Happy Feet Two when it came out because I felt it wasn't needed. I didn't even wanna see it when it was out of theaters. My boyfriend really wanted me to see it. So I gave in and watched it on Disney Channel. What do I think? Well, as great as the animation and visuals are, I don't think it's as good as it's predecessor. The narrative felt really incoherent and cluttered with too many subplots, therefore not allowing for lots of character development for the protagonist Eric. He's a nice kid, but I don't find him that engaging. He's really cute though. What worked with the original movie was that it had one main story. This one has too many. What really don't like about the film was it's use of really well-known actors voicing characters that didn't have much to do with the story, specifically Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, and Sophia Vergara. They're really talented actors and I'm sure even they felt that they're talent was wasted. The song sequences save for the last are not really memorable, neither is the comedy. Watching the movie wasn't a waste of my time or anything. Maybe if there was more plot-related focus, better comedy, and developed characters it would've been better. The visuals are still great, the plot is fine even it's unfocused, and the final song number is pretty good. It was also cool to see Mumble and Gloria in parental roles. All in all, Happy Feet Two isn't awful, but I'm gonna stick with the first film
June 3, 2016
Imaginative anthropomorphism, selectively applied. Empathetic penguins are antagonized by single-minded predators. But penguins are predators, too! And the fish on which their diet depends remains a mindless foodstuff, denied even the slightest modicum of agency.

I'd love to see a mash-up feature in which Nemo, having been found, follows Sven to Mumble's Antarctica. Would my 3 year old niece still cheer the Penguins' liberation from their icy prison if it meant Nemo and Dori get ingested for their caloric value?

The krill subplot, centered around the only two krill of a countless swarm not denied agency on their quest for evolutionary self-determination, is wildly amusing. In the end, they have actually managed to alert the mindless herd to the perils of climate change. Brilliant.
March 9, 2016
No es tan genial como su predecesora, pero sigue entreteniendo.
March 1, 2016
Master-of-tap Mumble (Elijah Wood) is no longer the misunderstood emperor penguin who danced when all the others sang, he is now happy with his mate Gloria (Alecia Moore) and their tiny son Erik (Ava Acres). But little Erik, like his father has troubles with self-expression and refuses to dance.

When the amorously inclined Adélie penguin Ramon (Robin Williams); discontent with his romantic prospects as a bachelor amongst the emperor penguins, decides to return home, the acceptance lacking Erik and two of his pals run away and tagging along.

Upon Ramon's arrival home though, things are not as he left them. The Adélie penguins' no longer follow the wacky, sweater-wearing Lovelace (Williams) but The Mighty Sven (Hank Azaria); a rare penguin who can fly!

With no hope of competing with his son's new charismatic new role model, Mumbles world is shaken. But Erik quickly learns about his father's "guts and grit" as he brings together the penguin nations and their allies from all manners of fabulous creatures to put things right.

Returning to the magnificent Antarctic landscape but this time in 3D, Happy Feet Two is funky, fluffy and freezing, but is it twice the toe tapping family fun of its 2006 predecessor.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 19/12/2011
½ February 12, 2016
Difficult to better the first, but great soundtracks.
February 5, 2016
The first one was much better than Happy Feet Two.
November 25, 2015
i want to watch happy feet 2 video
October 17, 2015
Showing the dark side of humanity and global warming, intermixed with singing and dancing penguins, and even with legless walruses ( I think they are) did create a depression versus enjoyment emotional rollercoaster ride, especially with environmentally-conscious adult minds like mine that needed stress-free cartoon entertainment without the human natural resource-hungry profit-greed and environmental threat issues:: Visually, extremely realistic in high definition on Netflix and I can see the next-generation game console after Xbox One - the Xbox Two?
October 13, 2015
Enlarged half of its meaning and managed to handle its given larger scale with squeezed storytelling, this sequel may not been able to foot-tap ahead of its award-winning predecessor, but there's more exhilarating spirit, heart and the same moves in animation and type of energy from the cast. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 24, 2015
This had a lot more heart to it. :3
September 6, 2015
This a total mess up of the original. Taking it's old characters,and giving them a bad replacement,plus a weakened story,and awkward comedy. The songs are the real deal in this film. Happy Feet to will make you want to put your feet on a crazy run. Review by Logan Cornn.
½ August 25, 2015
I loved the first Happy Feet, but like many sequels, this one doesn't live up to the heights of the original. My thoughts on this film are kind of mixed. It's not bad, and it's not spectacular. The story in this one is more basic and overdone.However, if there is one thing I think this film did better than the original, it's that the visuals have stepped up. There are some scenes in this film that are so incredibly beautiful to look at, it's eye-popping. While I don't think this film is bad, overall, I think Happy Feet Two is George Miller's weakest film.
August 15, 2015
Funny AF
Good music
Nice acting
Kinda repeated a few things from first movie
August 2, 2015
Happy Feet Two is one of the worst animated movies in recent memory
June 17, 2015
It's a cute movie but not sure that a sequel was needed.
½ June 4, 2015
Its use of pop music is the only thing that makes it as memorable as the first movie.
½ May 26, 2015
This is like a bad joke that tries to copy the idea of the first film without any real growth.
May 20, 2015
Happy Feet Two is the follow up to the original 2006 film which in itself was a surprise hit when it came out and defintely goes out to secure the same audience for the follow up with some new song and dance numbers, recasting Kidman's character with PINK and putting Elijah into the father role trying to inspire his son to find his potential and be himself. Nothing as original or surprising as with the first although the banter between Matt Damon and Brad Pitt as the two Krill looking to break from the swarm and find their own identities made the film pop, otherwise it seemed a tad pedestrian. Almost like George Miller just went back one more time to the well in order to get some more box office clout to finally get Mad Max Fury Road made which in retrospect I have no issues with.
½ May 14, 2015
pretty much the exact same as the first.