Hard to Kill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hard to Kill Reviews

½ May 5, 2016
Encore un bon Seagal du debut des annees 90
April 20, 2016
This is a typical avenge flick. While Segal is no Brando (Can't believe I'm putting Segal and Brando in the sane sentence). The film entertains and isn't that why we watch..
April 13, 2016
Seagal deserved an Academy award for this outstanding movie. And you can take that to the bank!
February 29, 2016
one of Seagal's better efforts
December 28, 2015
Hard To Watch. There are bits that will amuse and make you laugh, but there's too much that's genuinely awful. It's bizarre how many consider this his best. The fights are poorly shot and choreographed, the thread-bare story doesn't even attempt to explain its gaping holes, the characters are comically one-dimensional, and you'd swear some of the dialogue was written to be intentionally woeful. It's almost as though the guys who made this are daring the fans to like it. Probably the worst Seagal outing ever.
October 25, 2015
I can understand slamming Steven Seagal later in his career, but this early venture is without a doubt a solid thriller with some unique angles - namely his character - narcotics investigator Mason Storm's return from a coma in which his family is murdered and he is presumed dead. Elements of his return may strain credulity on some levels, but they also add some harrowing suspense and depth to a template story of revenge, which has since been abused in far more cliched ways in the 25 years since this film was released. Seagal in early form also shows why he became a star to whatever he degree - his charisma is undeniable in his youth, and Kelly LeBrock adds tons of chemistry and passion to the mix. The dialogue is also much stronger than his later direct to video efforts. The bad guys are bad to a depth often not reached in thrillers. This film deserves more credit than it receives here and elsewhere.
½ May 1, 2015
So dopey but really well paced, breezy revenge flick. Some truly ridiculous and bizarre one liners plus Seagal's stuck on beard make this one a real gem.
March 25, 2015
This movie would be better off killed.
½ January 4, 2015
When watching it from the start you get the feeling that it might just turn out to be a great choice of a movie to watch. As the whole screenplay is full of lazy writing and not much to satisfy with there's not even enough action depicted to make it entertaining and breathtaking.

Steven Seagal has starred in better hits to compare with this flop like 'Under Siege'. Under Siege is by far and shall remain his best work and is no sort of trash like his Direct-to-DVD work. There's no going far as to calling this movie 'trash', but it could have did a better job on the writing level and action level.
September 17, 2014
Typical Seagal movie.
½ August 12, 2014
This was the first Seagal movie I ever saw and it's definitely a step down from it's predecessor, Above the Law. But there is still some fun to be had with Nico aka Mason Storm bust faces and breaking limbs. Plus, Kelly "Weird Science" LeBrock is so hot.
½ July 31, 2014
This is an improvement from the usual Steven Seagal film that we see it focuses on the plot for most of the way but it gets very cheesy in the last quarter and preforms the usual plotlines that you would see in an action film with Seagal not the worst Seagal has done but could have been better
½ July 21, 2014
Perhaps Seagal most effective attempt to create some drama along with his kick-ass macho persona that was his style.
April 8, 2014
One of Seagal's best efforts. But I enjoy every film he's done(except *On Deadly Ground*) This was the 1st film of his i've seen. True classic.
March 22, 2014
A fairly stock 80's style cop revenge flick that fits Seagal quite well, and definately benefits from his brutal fight scenes. Kelly Le Brocks performance was wooden at best, and when somebody seems wooden compared to Seagal that's saying something. Still, it was entertaining enough...
February 14, 2014
The sequel to Above the Law (at least I think it's a sequel) is about Mason Storm and how his wife and him died although he survived and woke up 7 years later after a coma. It might be my least favorite outta the 4 but it's still perfection. It had great one liners and it's a lot of fun.
February 14, 2014
Hard To Kill, Is A Fun Entertaining Action Flick With A Distinct 80's Action Vibe. The Plot May Be Mediocre, But Add In Some Great Action Scenes, The Chemistry Between Seagal & LeBrock, A Classic Revenge Story & Finally The Great Script With The One Or Two Cheesy Lines & We Have The Average 80's Action Flick, Despite Being Released In 1990. A Great Film Which Offers One Of Seagal's Finest Performances From His Glory Days.
January 12, 2014
Good movie. Very funny, very action packed, with a decently cheesy performance from Seagal.
October 4, 2013
This is my favorite Steven Seagal film, and who could turn down a film with Kelly LeBrock in it? Seagal plays Mason Storm who's basically a good cop who finds out that politician Vernon Trent who's played by William Sadler is a crook. Other crooked cops find out what Storm is doing and killers are hired to take out Storm, his wife, and his child. It's presumed that Storm is dead, or is he? 1988-1994 Seagal really got things going and I've always enjoyed his earlier films.