Hick - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hick Reviews

August 24, 2016
The thing about this movie that people don't understand is that it isn't supposed to be a typical movie. The events in the movie happen chaotically and don't follow a typical Hollywood movie story-line. That's the point. The events unfold in a way that is random, much like real life. It's filmed as if you are a fly on the wall, seeing a snapshot of someones life and not as if you are in a theater eating popcorn and being told a fun story. This movie has a lot of depth to it that people are not appreciating.
July 24, 2016
A well-acted film with an interesting story.
½ July 12, 2016
Of all the genres that could exist "Fucked-Up-Coming-of-Age-Movie" would be my favourite. Hick is an example of such a genre. But it is not a great one. It's not a garbage movie at all, but it gets more and more lazy very swiftly as the piece goes forth.
June 8, 2016
I honestly dont understand why peiple dislike this movie. I peroanally found it amazi.g it held my focus the whole time anf the acting was absolutely breathtaking.
½ May 9, 2016
A decent performance from Chloe Grace Moretz and a storyline that is technically a message to young teens on the decision of running away from home
½ April 8, 2016
Difficult to follow but has an eerie important message
March 24, 2016
this movie could have been better!
February 24, 2016
another netflix movie contends for one of the worst ever
October 11, 2015
This is one weird movie, but I like it for some reason.
August 24, 2015
i thought it was a pretty good chloe and blake movie
August 22, 2015
ooo this one left me with a bad feeling....!!
August 22, 2015
Erratic and lack depth
August 20, 2015
The story is a little fragmented, but it's not bad. It is everything that should never happen to a 13 year old girl, though!
½ August 11, 2015
If this movie is indicative of the "south" of USA, I don't want to be there, ever, especially on small towns.

Now that being said, this movie is very fucked up. I can't tell if it's good acting or not, it's... bizarre.
½ July 25, 2015
Average action thriller about a young girl who runs away from home after her parents obviously don't care for her. She ends up getting involved with some pretty bad encounters and is left wondering if she made the right choice
July 19, 2015
ROTTEN TOMTOES GAVE TWILGHT 49 BUT THIS 0 intresting you get the point
½ June 7, 2015
Chloe does an amazing job displaying her innocent side in this film, Eddie is obviously good at playing psycho, villain-risk characters and does an amazing job at sending chills down my spine here. Blake lively wasn't the choice I expected to play Glenda but exceeded my expectations with this part. This film is definitely not for those easily offended as it is extremely off-putting between death drugs and kidnapping. I personally love this movie and will not hesitate to re watch it.
½ June 4, 2015
I'm surprised at the low rating on here, despite the fact that I'm giving it one. Critics usually eat these movies up. But this one is trashy, creepy, unpleasant, and has a very asinine ending that gives a nice big middle finger to anyone who sat through it. Chloe Grace, as always, is the highlight. I've yet to see this girl in anything where she failed to bring something special and distinctive to the table. She's one of our finest young actresses. Eddie Redmayne also does a convincing job as an American psycho. But ultimately...no lessons learned here. Move on.
½ May 3, 2015
This could have been better. It should have been better. The performances from Redmayne in particular, as well as Moretz, Lively and Baldwin are excellent. Why then, did I just not care to watch?
½ April 21, 2015
Though I don't approve with the fact that Chloe was exploited. I still enjoyed it for some reason unknown.