Hidden Figures - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hidden Figures Reviews

September 23, 2017
It's engaging. Director did a great job in presenting the struggles of talented womens' back then and how wonderfully they fought their way through.
September 21, 2017
Fabulous movie based upon historical events, showing that women, too, can be brilliant mathematicians. And African American women at that!!
September 20, 2017
This movie is incredible--loved everything about it! Excellent acting, writing, & directing! Inspiring historical reminders throughout. Can't wait to watch it again!
September 19, 2017
Sometimes a bit too sappy, which the film didn't need. These women are amazing in their roles and the film is still enjoyable overall. But next time, I hope the Hallmark sap is reserved for Hallmark.
September 18, 2017
How is it possible that I have not heard of these women until this movie? What an inspiring story that deserves to be told and this movie tells it in an immensely entertaining way.
½ September 18, 2017
Inspiring from beginning to end.
September 18, 2017
Better than I thought it'd be. Very much enjoyed it.
½ September 18, 2017
News flash: Racism and sexism are bad. As I watched this I kept saying in Mr. Mackey's voice, "Racism is bad, mmkay."
September 17, 2017
9/16/17 I appreciate the story and their contribution, but this didn't really hit me as that great. THey worked hard for the government and were underappreciated. That's about it. The story played out pretty much exactly as i expected so it felt a little formulaic. It's decent, but in my view, over rated. I didn't find it too surprising that "published" critics rated this very high, while the average RT reviewer was much more critical of the film being very average.
September 16, 2017
One of the most inspiring movies I've seen in a very long time. What an exciting time it was - civil rights, space - a new world was dawning. These women, though not well known, moved everyone forward. The lead actresses were wonderful and brought the story to life.
***NO DREAMGIRLS, HERE... JUST THE HERSTORY OF THREE, SUPREME, HUMAN BEINGS***
September 16, 2017
The other side story of the historic event!

This film did not just represented the black people, but the women as well. Today we talk about discrimination against women, though this film is an example that it all had started way long ago, yet the struggle has not ended. Anyway, this is a biopic, a biopic of three women and their struggle not just being a black, but being women. When the nation was eager to send its first man to the space, there was some trouble within the team who are behind it to work together as one. Lots of inspiring events reveal how the history was made and the working culture was changed forever inside the NASA.

The film was nominated for the Oscars in the three slots, but did not win any. That's fine, because I would prefer those real women to be recognised over what this film had achieved. All the three actresses were good. Their roles were unique from one another. Really a wonder film about three real persons in one film. Something rare in films to highlight their achievements equally. The personal life, as well as their professional was well briefed.

The others like Kevin and Dunst in small part were also good. Directed by just a one film old filmmaker. He did good. The screenplay was adapted from the book of the same name. Deserved all the awards and praises it had received. After seeing how it had ended, a sequel could be possible. Mission Moon. I hope they would consider it! Seems a nice idea!

8/10
September 15, 2017
The scene between Kirsten Dunst and Octavia Spencer in the newly desegregated restroom is one of the films best. I've always said that behind every racist white man is a racist white woman.
September 14, 2017
Finally saw this movie last night on HBO. It was wonderful. Probably the most consistently conservative / christian themed movie I had seen in many years.
September 14, 2017
Insightful and riveting movie that centers around 3 very intelligent women and their role in a pivotal NASA/American historical moment. If I could give it 10 stars, I would. A must watch.
September 12, 2017
There's an important story here somewhere. But this Lifetime melodrama rarely rises about it's self importance. The dialogue between the principals is sophomoric at best.
½ September 11, 2017
(5.5 out of 6)
When we see we have away with numbers, away with words, and away with our hands when we get out of some predicaments. When others are having their way on us when countries compete for the space. When getting our way is harder to come by when somethings stand in our way. When getting our way is what we all wish to achieve. When having it our way is harder to come by when we are different then most and different then almost everybody. When having it our way is what others need to see and the country wants when our way is to be #1. When we still have to follow others ways when delegating authority. When we see our way of doing things we have only few resources to rely on when we have away to listen and keep an eye on what is ahead of us. When our way is the only way when we our the only one head behind everything. When we follow others ways, others ways don't work and nobody gets their way in the end of the day when there is no ways working. When the only way we see working is our way progressing and spear heading our culture. When our ways is not others ways when others bicker over what is the right way to spear head our culture. When the way we conduct our life and family we enjoy our ways when it makes sense and has purpose when we all aim for a calculable goal. When others ways conflict with our ways we try to make sense with what we are missing and put two and two together to problem solve. When some ways are strict when we are dealing with a national crisis that we need to conduct our way as so for the good of the country we serve. When our ways are right with compromising others ways to know we know the right way to go with little we are given. When we see new ways are coming into place when times are changing and old ways are slower and inaccurate. When the ways life is done here making strides is harder when there is little and no room for errors to jepordize. When there is only one way to follow and that's the way written up by those on top to follow. When others naturally have away with women and people when they are the only one not to worry. When others don't get along with many, when many can easily replace us our ways are hostile. When we have to follow others ways to find another way in. When other ways in we get in through a helpful connection. When we can't help but enjoy our ways when it is booming full of great talent and those coming up. When not all ways we enjoy, we protest when somethings come down. When we see others ways are working but don't know how when others are 1st in somethings. When our ways need to change when we need to find away to do it. When our way is to over work everyone and put more time into it, change the way how others see eachother and work together. When our ways is against the law and chaotic, when only space matters not politics. When we do see our ways work when we are successful. When what we know we are good at we put our way to better use when our way needs an upgrade. When our way has proven to be right to put our full faith in our ways first. When life is just the way it is that it is hard to change or easy to change depending on who wants to follow. When our ways don't always work that we need to always change and alternate our ways to new plans. When our way is much more easier but others dont  care how hard we make our ways to be when we are both working the same goal. When ways change and time is of the essence to only follow the way some trajectories are headed and determine how long we can get there. When other ways in we get in when we know what others dont know how to function and control. When our way is only effective when we got the right support backing us. When we show how effective our way can be when we bypass through others way to get there. When we live in a time where changes in plans happen that there is away to write down and erase when we have chalk and a chalkboard to find away. When we see we get closer to reaching our goals when some ways work that we follow. When some ways are only obselete when they serve no purpose. When our way is always right to double check others ways to see if they are right. When we have away with all elements that awaits us to have a solution with the right minds guiding our way there and back. When we showed another way how we can make a mark into this world, finding away underneath all the unknown and slowly making our way even further to a greater goal when we are on our way into history books. When we don't normally see who is behind those finding there way to make such fleets of accomplishments happen to meet 3 women behind the scenes hidden from society making way for it to happen. When we find away to find the hidden figures needed to make a calculation possible, only our way works when we have an eye for such things.
September 11, 2017
great film this was,based on a true story at nasa highly reccomend
September 10, 2017
For anyone who doesn't remember or acknowledge what the true price of white supremacy is, see this movie. A film that so movingly conveys the real heroism that helped build this country.
September 10, 2017
Great movie. I can watch this over and over