Hollow Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hollow Man Reviews

September 14, 2017
"I've created the powers of invisibility! I'm gonna use it for rape." - Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob)
August 26, 2017
I have always loved this epic thriller. And it's visual effects. I don't get why such a low rating. And I would have given the Academy Award for visual effects to this movie. The only thing I find stupid is that Sebastian just couldn't die in the last part. fire, electricity, metal hit on the head, and he didn't die.
August 15, 2017
At first I didn't want to watch this, but I'm really glad I gave it a chance. I really enjoyed it.
July 8, 2017
This is an updated version of "The Invisible Man." While the movie isn't titled the same nor does it exactly follow the original 1933 movie and the H. G. Wells novel that it is based on, the theme is pretty much the same. An ambitious scientist invents a way to make things invisible and tries it on himself. He finds out that the process is not reversible thus he goes insane and becomes mentally unstable and violent. He goes on a murderous spree but is killed in the end. Not one of the best films I've ever seen but mildly entertaining.
July 1, 2017
The Invisible Rapist - There, I've told you everything you need to know about this crappy movie. Now you don't have to waste your time watching it.
½ June 18, 2017
Don't know why a lot of people dislike this one, I thought it was pretty good.
½ May 4, 2017
Totally creeped me out. I don't understand why it had to be so perverted. I think they took it too far. (First and only full viewing - November 2009)
½ February 11, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 5, 2017
I wish Verhoeven could have dipped deeper into his Freudian world. His talent is way more than making a B horror movie.
½ January 20, 2017
Guilty pleasure. A slow moving thriller that morphs into an ultra violent slasher in the last 25 minutes. Both parts work on their own terms but they don't work together. Even though some of the state of the art effects don't hold up as well as they did there are some that still look quite good.
½ January 19, 2017
Eh. Was a little disappointed seeing it on the big screen. Has its moments
½ November 25, 2016
Verhoeven is known for his sadistic characters, and extreme violence. Since these are in this film, there is little to recommend here.
August 16, 2016
This was meh, stick to the Claude Rains classic! It's more worth your time than this downer! Elizabeth Shue went from smart to obnoxious in this role with "You wanna be God? I'll show you God!" Oh please honey! You couldn't have tried to be any more corny with that line delivery!? Sign....
The Invisible Man from 1932 is timeless compared to Hollow Man!
August 4, 2016
8/4/2016: A very good cast, some good special effects, and an interesting idea, but with all that it was just an ok movie. Pretty disappointing considering the possibilities.
½ June 27, 2016
Arrogant scientist turns himself invisible and attacks his support team in this sci-fi flick that is more hollow than its lead character.
April 19, 2016
January 28th 2013
April 17th 2016
½ February 16, 2016
This is definitely a weird movie not just its plot but what it tends to focus on the effects are okay the acting is fine just overall it becomes to generic and it really drags on to the point where you just don't care anymore overall I wouldn't really recommend it doesn't have unintentional funny moments in it to So it just a little better than a bad movie
January 23, 2016
Terrible movie with good actors, acting and production values. Basically all bad writing.
½ January 10, 2016
A film of two halves; the first being a tame yet intriguing sci-fi concept of a crazed scientist intent on developing the formula that can make someone invisible, whilst also being able to return them to their visible self. The second then takes a twist into horror as the scientist, frustrated by his irreversible form, goes mad at the prospect of his inhuman state, and isolated captivity, killing off his lab team one by one. The first state acts as a perfect prelude and introduction to the second, albeit with a somewhat depleted cast. Other than Bacon, the actors are all relative unknowns, so this has done well considering it would be very easy to have slipped under the radar. It does bring about an interesting concept though, and the thought of how one would behave if granted the power of invisibility. Would you abuse it for your own advantage and nosey persona, or would it detract from your social status? Personally I'd struggle to volunteer in taking the risk of transformation on the operating table, so it would be a non-starter regardless. The movie tales off quite quickly towards the end, and once he's gone completely psychotic, it doesn't take long to wipe out all his friends in a short space of time, without there being any struggle. Ok, so if you're invisible it may be an easy job, but for the benefit of our entertainment, this could have been drawn out and made more of a battle. This just proves that the concept is really just centred around three main characters, a love triangle that got in the way of work, and will now be a fight to the death. In my eyes, this is a decent film that has been overlooked, but warrants a watch if you're a fan of science fiction, horror, action, or thriller. It definitely lacks the Hollywood pizazz but won't leave you feeling empty (or should I say 'hollow') on the entertainment front :)
½ January 6, 2016
I haven't seen this film in quite some time but I remember enjoying the premise.
One of the main reasons I liked this film is the performance from Kevin Bacon as a menacing man who is suffering mental anguish from an experiment gone wrong.

Basically he is invisible and cannot bring himself back. It's a good transformation from good to bad and Bacon does a good job playing a man who day my day loses his mind and respect for others.
A good thriller.