Hollow Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hollow Man Reviews

½ March 13, 2018
This movie is much like Kevin bacon's wiener, very limp.
½ February 10, 2018
A pretty cheesy and entertaining horror flick. Surprisingly good special effects are the only new thing offered here but the film is mostly fun if lacking any real scares.
December 31, 2017
One of my favorite movies, for some reason. Remember watching it in highschool and still remember it 15 years later.
November 10, 2017
Paul Verhoeven more-or-less succeeds at revamping the invisible man concept into a sexual thriller. While it suffers from thin background characters and sub-par acting, Hollow Man is still entertaining enough that it's flaws are forgivable.
September 14, 2017
"I've created the powers of invisibility! I'm gonna use it for rape." - Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob)
August 26, 2017
I have always loved this epic thriller. And it's visual effects. I don't get why such a low rating. And I would have given the Academy Award for visual effects to this movie. The only thing I find stupid is that Sebastian just couldn't die in the last part. fire, electricity, metal hit on the head, and he didn't die.
August 15, 2017
At first I didn't want to watch this, but I'm really glad I gave it a chance. I really enjoyed it.
July 8, 2017
This is an updated version of "The Invisible Man." While the movie isn't titled the same nor does it exactly follow the original 1933 movie and the H. G. Wells novel that it is based on, the theme is pretty much the same. An ambitious scientist invents a way to make things invisible and tries it on himself. He finds out that the process is not reversible thus he goes insane and becomes mentally unstable and violent. He goes on a murderous spree but is killed in the end. Not one of the best films I've ever seen but mildly entertaining.
July 1, 2017
The Invisible Rapist - There, I've told you everything you need to know about this crappy movie. Now you don't have to waste your time watching it.
½ June 18, 2017
Don't know why a lot of people dislike this one, I thought it was pretty good.
½ May 4, 2017
Totally creeped me out. I don't understand why it had to be so perverted. I think they took it too far. (First and only full viewing - November 2009)
½ February 11, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 5, 2017
I wish Verhoeven could have dipped deeper into his Freudian world. His talent is way more than making a B horror movie.
½ January 20, 2017
Guilty pleasure. A slow moving thriller that morphs into an ultra violent slasher in the last 25 minutes. Both parts work on their own terms but they don't work together. Even though some of the state of the art effects don't hold up as well as they did there are some that still look quite good.
½ January 19, 2017
Eh. Was a little disappointed seeing it on the big screen. Has its moments
½ November 25, 2016
Verhoeven is known for his sadistic characters, and extreme violence. Since these are in this film, there is little to recommend here.
August 16, 2016
This was meh, stick to the Claude Rains classic! It's more worth your time than this downer! Elizabeth Shue went from smart to obnoxious in this role with "You wanna be God? I'll show you God!" Oh please honey! You couldn't have tried to be any more corny with that line delivery!? Sign....
The Invisible Man from 1932 is timeless compared to Hollow Man!
August 4, 2016
8/4/2016: A very good cast, some good special effects, and an interesting idea, but with all that it was just an ok movie. Pretty disappointing considering the possibilities.
½ June 27, 2016
Arrogant scientist turns himself invisible and attacks his support team in this sci-fi flick that is more hollow than its lead character.
April 19, 2016