Hollow Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hollow Man Reviews

½ September 3, 2016
Totally creeped me out. I don't understand why it had to be so perverted. I think they took it too far. (First and only full viewing - November 2009)
August 16, 2016
This was meh, stick to the Claude Rains classic! It's more worth your time than this downer! Elizabeth Shue went from smart to obnoxious in this role with "You wanna be God? I'll show you God!" Oh please honey! You couldn't have tried to be any more corny with that line delivery!? Sign....
The Invisible Man from 1932 is timeless compared to Hollow Man!
August 4, 2016
8/4/2016: A very good cast, some good special effects, and an interesting idea, but with all that it was just an ok movie. Pretty disappointing considering the possibilities.
½ June 27, 2016
Arrogant scientist turns himself invisible and attacks his support team in this sci-fi flick that is more hollow than its lead character.
April 19, 2016
January 28th 2013
April 17th 2016
½ February 16, 2016
This is definitely a weird movie not just its plot but what it tends to focus on the effects are okay the acting is fine just overall it becomes to generic and it really drags on to the point where you just don't care anymore overall I wouldn't really recommend it doesn't have unintentional funny moments in it to So it just a little better than a bad movie
January 23, 2016
Terrible movie with good actors, acting and production values. Basically all bad writing.
½ January 10, 2016
A film of two halves; the first being a tame yet intriguing sci-fi concept of a crazed scientist intent on developing the formula that can make someone invisible, whilst also being able to return them to their visible self. The second then takes a twist into horror as the scientist, frustrated by his irreversible form, goes mad at the prospect of his inhuman state, and isolated captivity, killing off his lab team one by one. The first state acts as a perfect prelude and introduction to the second, albeit with a somewhat depleted cast. Other than Bacon, the actors are all relative unknowns, so this has done well considering it would be very easy to have slipped under the radar. It does bring about an interesting concept though, and the thought of how one would behave if granted the power of invisibility. Would you abuse it for your own advantage and nosey persona, or would it detract from your social status? Personally I'd struggle to volunteer in taking the risk of transformation on the operating table, so it would be a non-starter regardless. The movie tales off quite quickly towards the end, and once he's gone completely psychotic, it doesn't take long to wipe out all his friends in a short space of time, without there being any struggle. Ok, so if you're invisible it may be an easy job, but for the benefit of our entertainment, this could have been drawn out and made more of a battle. This just proves that the concept is really just centred around three main characters, a love triangle that got in the way of work, and will now be a fight to the death. In my eyes, this is a decent film that has been overlooked, but warrants a watch if you're a fan of science fiction, horror, action, or thriller. It definitely lacks the Hollywood pizazz but won't leave you feeling empty (or should I say 'hollow') on the entertainment front :)
½ January 6, 2016
I haven't seen this film in quite some time but I remember enjoying the premise.
One of the main reasons I liked this film is the performance from Kevin Bacon as a menacing man who is suffering mental anguish from an experiment gone wrong.

Basically he is invisible and cannot bring himself back. It's a good transformation from good to bad and Bacon does a good job playing a man who day my day loses his mind and respect for others.
A good thriller.
½ December 31, 2015
The rare instance of truth in movie advertising
½ December 8, 2015
Hollow Man is a very exciting horror remake, even if it isn't as good as Paul Verhoevens other sci-fi flicks.
October 26, 2015
Great special effects, predictable and formula film.
October 17, 2015
Bad movie. While its visual effects are great, and its initial idea is both interesting and unoriginal, the events that unfold are predictable and boring, most of the characters are poorly written and clichà (C)d, and all but Bacon's performance are bad.
½ October 13, 2015
Loved it when I was younger and still feel it is a good movie. I enjoy Bacon, he's a man of many faces.
½ August 26, 2015
You've got to hand it to Paul Verhoeven. He's always had a knack to sex up all of his movies and he normally finds a way to inject some female nudity whenever possible....think the infamous three-titted hooker from "Total Recall," the infamous beaver shot from Sharon Stone in "Basic Instinct," and what he did to Jesse Spano in "Showgirls." I think he even throws in a shower scene into "Starship Troopers" just because. In this movie, once Kevin Bacon turns invisible, he does just what a normal guy would do in the same circumstance...he checks out hot chicks naked. This movie is probably already forgotten by many but it's really pretty solid and there's some good violence. I still hate that he kills the dog though.
August 16, 2015
A slickly made sci-fi thriller with amazing visual fx, a bombastic music score by the late great Jerry Goldsmith, and a likable cast. It is very unfortunate that such effort was made for a script that never uses its intriguing premise to its full potential. Just one man's perverted tendencies which isn't the slightest bit interesting to me as a viewer, and then the film devolves into slasher movie mode which does give it schlock value... but overall I can't deny that the opportunity is completely squandered which is why this film barely gets a recommendation from me and only for the slick production, the fx, the music, and the cast.
July 30, 2015
Pretty fun reworking of the invisible man. The effects were pretty great for its time. Not the best movie, but some good moments.
½ July 16, 2015
The power of invisibility should not be taken lightly neither for the power it gives over others but the effect that it has on the invisible themselves.
July 5, 2015
A completely unnecessary scene makes me not at all regretful to give this film one star. And those of you who have seen it will know what I'm talking about. Besides that, it provides nothing useful to the movie world except a bitter feeling that Kevin Bacon could have done something better with his time.