Hollywood Homicide - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hollywood Homicide Reviews

June 21, 2016
So this was supposed to be a comedy??
½ April 26, 2016
This is the attempt of a director who's tried and given up on his career by making the most boring buddy cop film in history.
½ January 9, 2016
The buddy cop genre has been mined time and time again with differing results, and while I wouldn't say that Hollywood Homicide is a complete success, it is pretty entertaining at times, though far too convoluted. Harrison Ford and Josh Hartnett are partners for some reason, there's no "one week from retirement" scenario in Ford's case, but it works due to Harrison's crabby attitude toward everything, even with Hartnett being pretty bland and the two having no chemistry. The story isn't really what's important here, as the running "gag" throughout is that the cops have more going on in their personal lives than the case at-hand and it's amusing at first seeing Ford constantly on his phone working as a realtor on the side and Hartnett running into many women he's hooked up with through his yoga business, but then more and more starts to happen with Internal Affairs, a psychic radio host, etc. and it goes overboard. It's not a terrible movie by any stretch of the imagination, but with ridiculous plot elements like a psychic assisting the police in finding the villains through meditation, it's no wonder this film destroyed the director/writer's career. It is noteworthy to say this film showed us the pissed-off, crabby side of Harrison Ford before it became the norm!
December 27, 2015
Enjoyable with a capable cast, mild amount of humor, pretty middle of the road... Yet both Ford and Hartnett have little to no screen chemistry.
½ December 8, 2015
I really don't know what this movie is supposed to be.
½ June 29, 2015
I really like Ford as an actor but this crap even drags him into the muck.
June 7, 2015
Harrison Ford Is One Of My Favorite Film Actors.
April 22, 2015
This entire film hangs precariously off Harrison Ford, he is easily the best thing about this film. The rest of the cast is decent, the action is good and the plot is passable. All in all light entertainment that isn't challenging at all while also being forgettable once the credits roll.
April 13, 2015
This movie was great the first time great the second time and the third time and the other 2 or 3 times I saw it .
½ March 25, 2015
Harrison Ford is just having fun here and so am I
½ March 1, 2015
A routine and episodic buddy cop action comedy that's hardly action-packed or funny.
February 6, 2015
Written and directed by Ron Shelton (Bull Durham (1988), White Men Can't Jump (1992) and Tin Cup (1996)), this action comedy originally started out life with former policeman Robert Souza, who worked with Shelton on Dark Blue (2002), when Shelton heard that Souza moonlighted as an estate agent, he thought it was a good idea, and used Souza's life as a subplot here. Shame it's all derivative. Sergeant Joe Gavilan (Harrison Ford) worked for the LAPD, but is finally stuggling, so he has a side job as a real estate agent, his partner is the much younger K.C. Calden (Josh Hartnett), who has aspirations of becoming a successful actor. Gavilan and Calden are assigned to investigate the murders of all 4 members of rap group H2OClick. Their investigation takes them to H2OClick's manager Antoine Sartain (Isaiah Washington), who has something to hide. Plus, Internal Affairs Lieutenant Benny Macko (Bruce Greenwood) seems to be on Gavilan and Calden's case all the time, then the pair make a shocking discovery. It should have been a good film, but all this ends up being is a poor man's Lethal Weapon, the comedy doesn't work, there's too much shouting, a lot of celebrity cameos and a stew of half-baked ideas. Which is a shame. Plus Ford and Hartnett reportedly didn't get along during the shoot, and it shows during the film.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
I like H Ford and Josh and the both have made great movies but this was very boring. Bad story and no action almost.
December 29, 2014
Actually quite a bit of fun for a cliche buddy cop flick. I love all the stuff with them doing their side jobs. Lol
½ December 16, 2014
I can say it's a film acceptable to a simple entertainment, if not the aim is to find other qualities.
October 20, 2014
This buddy cop film is around a decade too late. Not funny, not thrilling.
½ September 28, 2014
Absent the psychic, it's not so bad
½ August 12, 2014
I love Harrison Ford and say Roger Egbert gave this four stars so I was looking forwards to this. Unfortunately its total bollocks. The acting is so shit. The music is so shit. The plot is so shit. Its a car crash of a movie & way too long. I think its meant to be funny. Josh Hartnett is brutal. Harrison Fords sex scene are unwatchable.. Why is he wearing shades and eating a donut???? I dont understand how this movie is so bad but it is... Im gonna pretend I never saw it and erase the memory...(if possible)
½ August 11, 2014
A cop who sells house and a cop who teaches yoga? I love it! There are plot holes everywhere but Ford and Hartnett's chemistry kinda saves the movie.
July 27, 2014
(First and only viewing - 9/16/2010)