Hop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hop Reviews

½ November 30, 2016
EB, great character! Would love to see more of him... The rest of the movie however, was far from my taste with poor acting and horrible story.
½ November 14, 2016
Will have to say kind of weird, fights are bad, bonds between the characters are good but trash mixed with soap.
½ November 5, 2016
Pretty good Easter story!
½ June 30, 2016
Hop is a hilarious animated movie. It is also a perfect movie to get you into the Easter spirit. The movie has a great plot. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 3, 2016
Russell Brand made a great Easter Bunny!!
May 18, 2016
why the fuck is this not even working
½ April 4, 2016
This movie is simply one of those harmless movies, to let your kid watch. I'm sure they may find a little enjoyment out of it, at least.
½ March 26, 2016
I saw this movie as a little bit racist, if i could point this out, you see that the bunnies are English and there servants, the chicks are Mexican which is just one stereotype, next we have fred's family adopting an asian child how coincidental for an american stereotype
March 26, 2016
Watching a children's Easter holiday movie, "HOP," and I am astounded by the number of references to Playboy and the Playboy mansion. I am fuming in my seat. I truly truly believe that these kinds of references are purposeful and the creators should face criminal liability. There is no need for any of these adult references.
March 26, 2016
BEST movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~~~~~~~~~~~'(TM)'(TM)'(TM)'(TM)'-
March 22, 2016
Going against most reviews I enjoyed this movie a lot. The ending was a little strange and reminded me about the classic Christmas movie 'The Santa Claus'. And that is one of the biggest problems of this movie. It was like they were trying to make Easter as big as Christmas. This movie shines when they focus on the main human role. I'm completely entertained until they focus on the bland boring rabbit story. I would have given it a higher score if it just focused on the Fred side of the story. Anyways good movie overall.
½ March 19, 2016
There is almost nothing worthwhile in this film. Really, really sorry I rented it.
½ March 15, 2016
The animation looks fun, but it's a pretty bland, forgettable flick.
Null
½ March 9, 2016
Yeah...... Hop is alright, I don't know if I can recommend this to the children or for adults... it does have some entertaining scenes and the animation is decent. But overall it just doesn't raise the bar enough to be a good family film.
½ December 30, 2015
A nice little Easter film that kids will love.
November 8, 2015
the bunny looks like a piss ball
September 23, 2015
This wasn't a great film, but I can't lie and say it wasn't entertaining. HOP has moments and the CG creatures sometimes look good, but it overall feels like a kids movie and many things that should have been great weren't. I enjoyed the characters and sometimes the humor actually works. The cast was decent and the voice cast was pretty good and funny. I hated the ending but the movie itself was alright. If you have kids they'll love it, but really it for anyone else.
August 21, 2015
Hop was pretty lame, a blindingly predictable story arch, a few... kind of funny moments, layered with some dull script. James Marsden and Russell Brandndeliver a few laughs, and it's obviously for kids. But unlike the fair few animations that go all out to make sure that the adults have a decent time, this movie falls flat on it's face.
August 18, 2015
Hop tells a story of an Easter Buddy, whereby EB(Brand) is helping out with his Pops(Laurie) at the Easter factory. EB then grows up and insists on his interest in Drumming. Pops wants him to take over the family business. On the Human world, Fred(Marsden) is having an "intervention", whereby he is being kicked out of the family, so his sister Sam(Cuoco-Sweeting) helps him out with offering Sam's boss house that she is suppose to housesit. haahah. The Human world meets Bunny world when EB is knocked down by Fred. EB has been looking for a place in the human world, when he leaves Bunny land, after a having an argument with Pops. While Fred is throwing out EB, EB reminds him that he's the easter bunny claiming to fred that "He is special, not Oh, everyone's special, special", So Fred recalls a memory when he was a kid. EB's Berate Pink Bereats (Emergency Bunnys) are on the search for EB. So chaos ensues. heheeh Fred is framed by EB to escape the Pink Berates. Carlos(Azaria) leads a takeover from Pops. All is well now. EB, Pops and Fred all played the part in taking back Easter. haahah. So Fred has been inducted or "initiated". So now he and EB are "Co-Bunnys".

I just noticed with the credits that Huge Hefner played the voice of the Playboy Mansion. Like really in a kids movie???
So my thoughts on the movie, very nice, simple plot. Enjoyable. Can't really fault this movie, except for the Playboy Mansion scene. I felt there was no need for that in a kids movie.
½ July 19, 2015
Unlike the other films they made, its OK. But, made a successful than the Chipmunks.