Hop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hop Reviews

September 4, 2017
Hay Kids will like this movie because it's a silly movie and rock a way when you see this! It does make a good Easter movie or at all time
½ August 27, 2017
I really enjoyed the movie, it was very funny and original.
August 15, 2017
for a kids movie I saw a lot worst , the first time we saw it , we were like meh .. but the second , third , fourth... my kids are constantly watching it. hop is the kind of movie that I dont mind watching over and over , the music is good , James offers a great performance considering he is playing next to a cgi Easter bunny. the story holds itself and brings a few laughs !
a great movie to own on dvd.
½ August 14, 2017
Hop is boring and unfunny. There is not much else to say about it other than that.
August 3, 2017
I saw this movie in theaters once back when it came out, but I couldn't really form much of an opinion since I just instantly forgot about it afterwards. But considering the poor reception it gathered, maybe that's a good thing. I won't deny that the animation is good, but aside from that, there's nothing worth remembering about it for me. I would never want to watch it again.
½ July 29, 2017
Illumination's worst film ever
½ June 13, 2017
Poor jokes from a poverty script. A cringe rendition of 'I Want Candy'. A sold out James Marsden and you get this.
June 6, 2017
i saw it when it came out it was great
April 17, 2017
The humor is good, but the story sucks
April 15, 2017
Hop (2011) - is one of those rare movies that takes place around Easter. We've seen hundreds and dozens of movies set around Halloween and Christmas but never really Easter. Surprisingly, this movie had such a great concept and I loved the way they establish the Easter Bunny and how all the magical elements of Easter work. I like how they have this "Willy Wonka" like candy factory that's run by rabbits and how it is surprisingly set on "Easter Island" of all places. Unfortunately at the same time, They push a lot of the creative elements aside to make way for a story that while not bad, is still very awkward and feels like they wasted a very big opportunity. However, the story has it's moments of charm and I did think the 1st and the 3rd act of the movie are decently strong but there were a couple of things I never really understood. The movie combines animation and live action, but it feels like they meshed your typical animated movie with a typical live action movie and I felt confused as to which they were trying to focus on and I really wished we could have spent more time on "Easter Island" instead of the real world. The surprise villain is also very confusing and it never felt like it had that much focus. On top of that, making the villain a surprise is already pointless because we already know he's evil why do they need to hide it? Even though the story feels like it's all over the place, I still do think the characters do a decent job of being likable particularly E.B and Fred. I do sympathize with both characters and even though they have moments of awkwardness, I still think the actors give both characters charming performances. The rest of the characters are mainly there to support but they do a nice job in doing so even if some of them might not be as necessary as others. I can tell that the actor playing Carlos is having a lot of fun in the movie and he does have moments of standing out, but I felt like he could have been done so much better as a villain. Like I said before, the creativity of the Easter factory is what I think stood out to me the most in this movie and the animation definitely shows that. Everything about Easter island is so magical and very imaginative. The detail and scope really help make everything about the factory stand out and while it may be trying to hard to be magical like Christmas sometimes, I still give everyone credit for making the factory as unique as possible. The cinematography doesn't really catch my eye and it's not as impressive as the animation, but it is still nice to look at. The music is not that intriguing and I felt like it could have used a better treatment. However I do like the song "I want candy" and the opening music for the Easter factory is admittedly scored very well. While Hop is far from a classic, I still think it has it's moments of charm and enjoyment. It's a guilty pleasure in my opinion, I know it has it's problems but I still like watching this movie around Easter. In fact, I hope one day they reboot this movie and make it fully animated because I think this movie has brought up some great ideas and I think they are to hard for me to ignore. (B-)
½ April 15, 2017
Hop isn't bad. It's actually decent. It's not as good as illumination's other projects. This movie has some pretty funny moments. Not the laugh hard jokes but I'd say that I chuckled and had some good laughs. I don't really know if the movie has a lot for the parents other than some jokes that maybe the kids wouldn't get but other than that this is mostly a kids movie. It's not really a movie for the entire family but I'd say it's really good for the kids and the parents wouldn't really mind that much sitting through this because it's cute and I think there is enough for the parents to enjoy. Overall this is a pretty good kids movie but it's not for the whole family, but there's something in it that everyone can enjoy. B-
April 4, 2017
A poorly written animation/live-action hybrid that falls into the lowest common denominator family entertainment class.
January 10, 2017
A great movie that makes me laugh a lot and the acting was good. As well as the scenery and graphics to this movie it was all good! I like EB and The dad as well as Fred. There was great music to this movie and great comedy it's great for all ages!!!
January 2, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
December 18, 2016
I actually enjoyed this one. For an Easter flick, I'd take Rise of The Guardians over Hop, but E.B is an enjoyable lead and it's just so charming. Some of the ideas about the Easter Bunny are also cute. It's just a cute movie. Nothing more.
½ November 30, 2016
EB, great character! Would love to see more of him... The rest of the movie however, was far from my taste with poor acting and horrible story.
½ November 14, 2016
Will have to say kind of weird, fights are bad, bonds between the characters are good but trash mixed with soap.
½ November 5, 2016
Pretty good Easter story!
½ June 30, 2016
Hop is a hilarious animated movie. It is also a perfect movie to get you into the Easter spirit. The movie has a great plot. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 3, 2016
Russell Brand made a great Easter Bunny!!