Hotel Transylvania 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hotel Transylvania 2 Reviews

½ March 21, 2018
Incredibly stupid and painfully unfunny, "Hotel Transylvania2" is nothing but a waste of time. At just under ninety minutes, it felt longer than "Gone With the Wind". The jokes are all terrible and the voice cast is terrible. Mind you this is a sequel to a movie that wasn't all that good in the first place so it's not like this movie had big shoes to fill. The final climatic battle sequence saves the movie from total disaster, but overall it's just dead in the water. Unfortunately the movie was successful so I am sorry to say there will be a third movie. Sorry to ruin your day.
March 17, 2018
Yeah the story is a little problematic in my opinion but it has the heart, charm, likability, and great animation the first film had.
½ March 8, 2018
About as good as the original, this is high quality family fun. Lots of laughs and charm.
February 11, 2018
It was inventive, worked on both an adult and child friendly level, really creative animation and most importantly... it was funny. The dialogue was sparkling and it rarely descended into sickly sweet patronising mush. Well worth watching for young and old.
January 17, 2018
Nothing special, but still entertaining enough to watch.
January 9, 2018
Certainly no Miyasaki, but a fun sequel with something in it for kids and adults alike, that actually does a few things a little better than the first one. As with the original I couldn't tell Adam Sandler was even in it without being told.
It's silly, full of slapstick, not everyone's cup of tea. Not a comic masterpiece, but aside from the morally ambiguous ending where I think the writers just GAVE UP, it's... cute.
November 26, 2017
Now this is The Best animated film of the Year. Because I Love Selena Gomez so very much :) The Monsters will return in "Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation"
November 1, 2017
To many Sony Vio and Sony Phone Ads
October 23, 2017
In my opinion this is the best hotel transylvania entry yet. Its even funnier than the original and the story is better too. Its all daft fun but has enough charisma to entertain the whole family for sure.
½ October 11, 2017
A little random and chaotic for the first half, but it wraps up as a decent movie. The characters are at times fun, and at times annoying (caricatures).
October 8, 2017
It could be that I've only seen the first movie once, years ago, but while this serves up more "aged monster" gags in cute, and mostly funny, animated fashion, the domestic storyline is less inspired to the point where its characters are basically memorable for looking cute and sounding funny.
½ September 23, 2017
Check your brain amusement here. Plot virtually none.
September 20, 2017
I love this film! Its better than the first one. Had more funnier jokes. But why put it as 3 stars you may ask, well the voice acting, and the animation was good. But the story was ok, I did laugh a few time though!
½ September 10, 2017
The characters and the animation may be pretty amusing for kids, the story (will the grandchild turn out to be a monster or can it be raised as one?) might be a bit over their heads, though. There are amusing moments, but hardly any laugh out loud ones and one has to wonder why every animated film lately has to end with the entire cast dancing. Entertaining and nicely animated, but overall mostly for fans.
September 8, 2017
Selena brought out such titillating sensations with her pregerness. Very informational film. Would recommend for my 4th grade health class.
½ September 2, 2017
Hotel Transylvania 2 actually surprised me. It was way better than the original. There were actually some funny jokes in this movie . In fact it's overflowing with them which kind of holds this movie down. Since the movie has too many funny moments, or moments where it tries to be funny, it kind of loses focus on the story and just focuses on jokes. Even though Hotel Transylvania 2 is funny, the jokes are kind of corny and they do fall a little flat. Overall Hotel Transylvania is an improvement over the original but it still isn't a great kids movie. B-
August 26, 2017
I kinda like the what's normal anyways premise.
August 22, 2017
Absolutely love this movie. So cute and something not only kids but adults would love. It's quirky and a joy to watch. I've seen this movie a billion times and it never gets old!!
August 21, 2017
6.5/10 Funny, but not as inspired as the first one. Just good.
August 18, 2017
The vampire family expands, and here come the crazy stunts, lies, and family drama. This movie has 1 down side, it is so similar to the first one. Family drama, lies, and dangerous stunts. The new characters are a nice touch of course!