The House Bunny - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The House Bunny Reviews

December 6, 2018
It's a very goofy comedy with some good humour and adult situations, without showing full nudity. There are many sexual references and generally a lot of mature content, so I wouldn't recommend for children under 12-13. It has a cast with familiar faces such as Anna Faris and Emma Stone, and is just about what you would expect from a movie about a Playboy Bunny who gets evicted and joins a sorority. It's not a bad movie at all, it's just not the most appealing to everyone. Overall, The House Bunny is a good movie for a girls night in or to give yourself a little giggle after a tough day
December 1, 2018
The House Bunny as you can probably tell is not a flick that is sought after to view, but as it's one of those films you can just throw on while streaming, it can still get the review treatment.

A product of Happy Madison (which already raises an eyebrow of concern), The House Bunny is Anna Farris once again being slightly left of brilliant comedienne in most of the things she makes in a Playboy Playmate meets a sorority narrative. The concept sorta makes sense. From one dysfunctional community to another, on paper The House Bunny could potentially work. In reality it does, but only in the way those early 2000s college comedies worked, just not as well.

The House Bunny is not consistently funny. Hell, it takes a while to get going with its characters and the silly stupidity behind the humour. After a while, you sorta give into the comedy. You won't laugh out loud and you won't laugh much, but when you do it's something silly that might have caught you off guard.

It might have done better if it were allowed to go cruder. With the choice of including the world of Playboy into the concept, maybe in other hands and more (im)mature writing, The House Bunny would really be let free.

Instead, you get a safe film and story where you know where it's going, but wish it went a bit more flashy and entertaining. It's definitely saved by its stars, Anna Farris and Emma Stone are both highlights playing stupidly dumb and awkwardly smart respectively. And that soundtrack is so pitch perfect for 2008.

Overall, not the best. If you want some white noise on Amazon Prime at the moment, however, it's a solid option.
½ April 14, 2018
"The House Bunny" is a formulaic and predictable comedy that manages to be consistently funny courtesy of Anna Faris' likable and engaging performance.
March 27, 2018
So I've watched this a million times. I just love love love it
February 18, 2018
This movie is underrated and far funnier than is given credit. I get it. Everything about this movie tells you it should suck but Anna Faris pulls this off.
February 18, 2018
Not horrible to watch 1 time.
February 2, 2018
It doesn't really matter that Anna Faris is such a great and hilarious actress when she has to deliver unfunny lines in an unfunny comedy that usually goes for the most pedestrian jokes that you can think of and is entirely formulaic and predictable from beginning to end.
½ October 12, 2017
About what you expect from a Happy Madison production. Pretty lame. Had a few laughs, so not a waste, but dont expect a "good" movie. I didnt have to tell you that though did I? Also found it strange that the night i saw this was the night Hugh died. Crazy.
September 10, 2017
It's cheesy and tacky, but it's a fun movie
September 9, 2017
Anna faris is her usual comedic self-oblivious dumb girl. This is prob the funniest ive seen her and for that movie is ok even tho the film plot and such is stupid. Movie is totally cliche and formulaic which works for humor but not much else.
DrStrangeblog
July 21, 2017
If you can get past the appalling archaic sexism indicative of play boy in the 2000s , there are moments of hilarity mainly thanks to start Anna Faris and a brilliant comedic performance . She looks the part two in her variety of barely their outfits and one funny but bearing seen. Favorite moments are when she tries to seduce her date by posing is Marilyn Monroe over a steaming manhole cover, and later knocking over tables at an outdoor restaurant in apologizing with " sorry for all the gravity! ". Unfortunately she has to contend with a storyline that apart from a very brief moment of realization contains the girls have to be pretty to get anywhere in life. The sorority sisters she's in charge of our written so socially awkward is to be unbelievable, including Emma stone who we all know is much smarter then this. However we did get to see more of her than ever before, working especially hot during an Aztec sacrifice ceremony - hey I got ieyes.
½ June 4, 2017
brainless but entertaining enough
April 27, 2017
Cheesy, but Anna Faris and Emma Stone make it worth a watch.
½ March 10, 2017
Pure garbage with some good things
February 28, 2017
I'm not sure why, but I love this movie. It is winsome and entertaining.
½ December 16, 2016
A funny feel-good movie. It's surprisingly and ironically sweet considering its Playboy connection. There is an unexpected innocence to it. (First and only full viewing - In my mid-twenties)
December 8, 2016
Fun idea for a comedy film pays off fairly well here. Good cast and some smart gags at play make this watchable. Faris and Stone shine the brightest here. On Blu-ray.
November 15, 2016
Good fun with a sexy twist
½ November 12, 2016
Surprisingly good. I really enjoyed this film. There were great performances from Haris and Stone in particular and the overall message for young girls was good. It was also funny (I love the bit where the girls' back brace falls off like Forest Gump) and I loved the soundtrack. It is much smarter than its main protagonist is as this perfectly sums up sexual politics. The ending was easy and a bit lazy but this is no citizen Kane. I haven't seen another film like this one.
July 31, 2016
Just cheesy, reminds me of Legally Blonde!