I Love You, Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Love You, Man Reviews

January 27, 2017
"I Love You, Man" is a fresh and funny take on overused buddy/romantic comedy formulas.
January 2, 2017
Great movie, really funny, two amazing actors.
December 15, 2016
Honestly one of my favorite comedies and iv'e watched 100's. I dont even know where to start with this movie, the casting is perfect, the idea is brilliant yet so simple and has never been done this way before. Also i want to add that the synergy between Paul Rudd and Jason Segel was so on point. ( must watch )
½ December 13, 2016
It loses steam halfway through because the second half is really bad, especially compared to the first. Paul Rudd and Jason Segel give great performances that are really funny and make the movie better, because the writing is fine, but a lot of moments were funnier than they should have been. I agree with the consensus because I felt like they mostly used the very simple plot well and got a lot out of it. I think my only real huge complaint is the second half. I've seen this several times and it holds up, but not as a favorite, or for multiple viewings a year.
October 21, 2016
this movie is hilarious
½ October 18, 2016
Reasonably enjoyable. Watched it on HBO. Only a couple of big laughs. A bit touching. Kinda sick of the usual alt. comedy cast cameos--gets incredibly distracting. And then the random celebrity cameos like Lou Ferrigno and Rush just feel like filler. There was almost no conflict at all. To be honest, this just feels like extra scenes from every Apatow film that somehow got edited into an 80-minute movie
October 8, 2016
Paul Rudd is cute always
October 7, 2016
Hilarious! Paul Rudd is a perfect and personable straight man to the outwardly-normal-but-beyond-quirky cast of friends and family in this flick.
½ September 17, 2016
A funny little bromantic comedy.
½ September 16, 2016
Really liked this bromantic comedy. The only movie I can think of that men can use to show women what men want.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Didn't really think allot to it really, I didn't really laugh and I found myself fading in and out allot.
½ July 18, 2016
Man, I effin' loved this.
July 11, 2016
I do really like this movie. Of course, I also love Jason Segel. And Paul Rudd. And Jason Segel and Paul Rudd together. And Rush.
½ July 3, 2016
"I Love You Man" is yet another heartfelt, relateable comedy in the Judd Apatow genre, that with well-acted performances, delivers a simple but yet quite funny story about finding that one true friend in your life.
June 9, 2016
Hilarious, charming, and oh-so quotable, I Love You, Man is a chick flick for dudes. Don't let that turn you off, though, the enjoyable cast and hilarious performances by Rudd and Segal (among others) make this film an absolute treat. While some of the more "dramatic scenes" fall flat, and the film bares no true weight, you'll be grinning from start to finish.
June 5, 2016
091227: Three for now. Not sure how I feel about this strange little flick. Made me laugh out loud on several occasions but it was a little uncomfortable. Why? Will have to watch again before I'll up the rating.
½ May 28, 2016
A pretty funny and enjoyable film. A surprisingly good rom-com with typical Paul Rudd jokes
May 15, 2016
Paul Rudd was one of the most unlikable characters I've seen on screen in a while. It was relentless. He was so annoying and over-the-top and so much of what he said was forced for a laugh. He hasn't had a guy friend before, we get it. But he's a human being. He has had interactions before. Shouldn't he be a little more shy if he's never had a guy friend? Why the consistent stupidity? It wasn't funny after a point. Jason Segel was good yet they went overboard with certain moments and I didn't believe for a second his character would do certain things (i.e. his speech to Paul Rudd's fiance). Great, hilarious performance from Jaime Pressly though!!
May 10, 2016
Playing out a bromance with all the beats of a romantic comedy is brilliant and while it's not a groundbreaking or enriching comedy, it soars with two great performances from its leads.