I Love You, Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Love You, Man Reviews

November 10, 2017
i loved jason segel in forgetting sarah marshall. lookin forward to this and hope it doesnt suck.
½ November 3, 2017
The bromance movie to end all bromance movies. Great chemistry from Rudd and Segel (not a surprise there)
½ October 11, 2017
A really cute comedy about the beginnings of a bromance.
October 10, 2017
An overlooked comedy it is very funny and heartfelt.
October 9, 2017
I really like the first half of the film. It was really funny and enjoyable. After that it was just so cliche and pointless it just went though the steps of every other comedy. Shame
October 5, 2017
This movie was so damn awkward... I laughed twice throughout the entire film.
September 13, 2017
I Love You, Man had the potential to be a great comedy but unfortunately it's just too safe to fulfil it's real potential.

The casting can't be faulted at all. Paul Rudd and Jason Segel work perfectly together as blossoming buddies whilst Rashida Jones fits in well as Rudd's fiancÚ who is less than keen on his new friendship with Segel. The supporting cast also do a great job with John Favreau and J.K. Simmons in particular getting some good lines.

The films biggest failing is that it's just all too familiar. No creative risks have been taken and as a result it feels like something that has been done several times before. I also found the final act very cringe worthy, something I find all too common in this style of American comedy.

I Love You, Man is well worth watching as there are some great laughs to be had at times, but the lack of risks and originality hold it back from being anything more than decent.
½ September 4, 2017
Pretty decent film, funny parts throughout. Good cast.
August 28, 2017
Very good movie. Though every joke might not land as strong as it tries, the concept behind the film is unique and fresh, the jokes that do land are hysterical, and the chemistry between the two leads is undeniable.
June 27, 2017
Bro-mance and everything about it.
June 4, 2017
Not what i've excepted... Too detailed.
March 14, 2017
Funny and perfectly cast. Segel and Rudd have more chemistry than Rudd and Seann William Scott did, which is saying something.
March 3, 2017
Hilarious, charming, and oh-so quotable, I Love You, Man is a chick flick for dudes. Don't let that turn you off though, the enjoyable cast and hilarious performances by Rudd and Segal (among others) make this film an absolute treat. While some of the more "dramatic scenes" fall flat, and the film bares no true weight, you'll be grinning from start to finish.
January 27, 2017
"I Love You, Man" is a fresh and funny take on overused buddy/romantic comedy formulas.
January 2, 2017
Great movie, really funny, two amazing actors.
December 15, 2016
Honestly one of my favorite comedies and iv'e watched 100's. I dont even know where to start with this movie, the casting is perfect, the idea is brilliant yet so simple and has never been done this way before. Also i want to add that the synergy between Paul Rudd and Jason Segel was so on point. ( must watch )
½ December 13, 2016
It loses steam halfway through because the second half is really bad, especially compared to the first. Paul Rudd and Jason Segel give great performances that are really funny and make the movie better, because the writing is fine, but a lot of moments were funnier than they should have been. I agree with the consensus because I felt like they mostly used the very simple plot well and got a lot out of it. I think my only real huge complaint is the second half. I've seen this several times and it holds up, but not as a favorite, or for multiple viewings a year.
October 21, 2016
this movie is hilarious
½ October 18, 2016
Reasonably enjoyable. Watched it on HBO. Only a couple of big laughs. A bit touching. Kinda sick of the usual alt. comedy cast cameos--gets incredibly distracting. And then the random celebrity cameos like Lou Ferrigno and Rush just feel like filler. There was almost no conflict at all. To be honest, this just feels like extra scenes from every Apatow film that somehow got edited into an 80-minute movie
October 8, 2016