I Love You, Man Reviews

• Jan 21, 2020

It had a decent premise, but it was too padded and slow-paced; watching it almost felt like watching the rough cut or first rehearsals rather than the finished film.

• Dec 31, 2019

A romantic comedy involving about Paul Rudd, his girlfriend, and Jason Segal as Paul's best friend. It is awkward, but funny and a great watch about becoming a man and getting married with your friends by your side.

• Dec 28, 2019

Just a truly awesome movie, with what bromance needs in the end. Love. Segel and Rudd works magic on the screen in this one

• Jul 22, 2019

It is a charming bromance film that has funny relatable moments. Like most good comedies, they a certain level of re watchability.

• Apr 23, 2019

These Judd Apatow style films are usually pretty hit or miss for me. I'm either going to be cringed out massively, stony faced or fully embrace it, laugh throughout and feel great after. I love you, man is the latter. Of course this isn't the most groundbreaking film-making or direction but for me this suits the film completely. The script is incredibly sweet but sprinkled with conflict when necessary for the stories development. I love the idea of a usual boy meets girl rom-com completely turned on its head to a guy meets other guy friend, it feels fresh and I was completely rooting for Peter and Sydney the whole film. Paul Rudd and Jason Segel give delightful, sweet performances and address a lot of male issues such as opening up and confidence levels amongst so called "alpha-males". I must have belly laughed about 10 times and found myself unable to stop smiling through a lot of it and after. This is an undemanding treat with a brilliant act structure, one of the best films of its kind.

• Apr 13, 2019

The round premise not only benefits from the cast's comedic charm to make it hilarious minus the low cheese, it provides a reassuring insight at a relatable level regarding adult friendship depends on the social angle. (B+) (Full review TBD)

• Mar 23, 2019

One of my favorite Paul Rudd films hands down. So charming and so damn funny, it's a hard recommend from me

• Mar 11, 2019

Frequently funny with positive messages about never being too old to find new friends, being honest and true to yourself, and balancing relationships. Overall one of the better bro comedies out there and it's one your significant other will like as well. It's not for everyone however, as it can be a little cringey and silly, but there are laughs to be had for every sense of humor. This movie is nothing special in technical terms, but nothing is bad about it either. It isn't going to be on your top 10 list, but it's still respectable. Definitely worth watching.

• Nov 11, 2018

This film was great.

This film was great.

• Oct 24, 2018

I Love You, Man is one of the most unique films I’ve ever seen about male friendships. I found myself identifying a lot with Paul Rudd’s character, because I also have difficulty forming close relationships with other men. In fact, his journey through this film to find people who might qualify as groomsmen for his wedding mirrored my own struggles when I got married. The writers clearly had a lot of fun with the story, creating parallels between making friends and dating, and it all felt like a good TV sitcom. The humor was well-written, and I loved the cast that they assembled. Everyone nailed the comedy, even people who had a limited number of scenes. In fact, the handful of lines from J.K. Simmons delivered some of the funniest moments in the whole film. I Love You, Man also did a great job of setting itself apart from other modern comedies. I’ll admit that the jokes sometimes got a little low-brow, but even those moments were clever and seemed to fit the situation. I expected that Jason Segel was going to be one of those clichéd characters who is so over-the-top and exaggerated that he doesn’t even seem like a real human being. However, while he is quirky and a little crazy, he’s not a constant burden that destroys Rudd’s life. He feels like an authentic human being, and someone that you might want to befriend. By the end, I was emotionally invested in this story and I cared how the wedding and the friendship would turn out. I Love You, Man was a surprisingly enjoyable film. While I don’t think it was powerful enough to make me rush out to buy a copy of it, I’d gladly watch it again any time.