In Bruges - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Bruges Reviews

½ January 18, 2017
I can't recall the last film I viewed in which I laughed so much. This film was such a breath of fresh air. Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeason and Ralph Fiennes were brilliant. Somehow this film generally is overlooked. Maybe as it's not your typical slice of a Hollywood film. My advice to all. WATCH IT. (Just be aware of young ears around you before viewing).
January 15, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 3, 2017
Wonderfully twisted crime dramedy that manages to be both gut-wrenching & hilarious at the same time. The entire cast give career best performances, with Colin Farrell giving his best lead performance to date as the mournful Ray, who tries to deal with a horrible thing he's done, but sometimes in the craziest ways (he's got a thing for midgets). He's matched wonderfully by Bendan Gleeson, who genuinely believes in Ray, despite his past, while Ralph Fiennes is hilarious as their short-tempered mob boss. Behind the camera, writer/director Martin McDonagh crafts a truly original piece and you'll never sure where it's going. What's remarkable is that the dramatic moments are gut-wrenching (Ray did do a horrible thing) while the comedic moments hilarious (an argument over a suicidal man with his supposed assassin over who gets to kill him is brilliant). Best of all, they fit together in the film perfectly and never feel out of place with each other. McDonagh also makes great use of the the Christmas holiday, as some pretty horrible stuff happens around the time humans should be sharing peace & joy. Overall, one of the best & most original crime films in recent years, and since it takes place during Christmas, and awesome addition to the holiday film rotation.
December 23, 2016
Colin Farrell might be my new favourite actor.
December 17, 2016
Martin McDonagh's surprisingly deep film about a hitman awaiting his final curtain in a town that tourists flock to, but he loathes, is darkly hilarious. Sweeping scenic shots, with razor-sharp dialogue and an excellent cast, ensures this movie sticks in the mind of its audience.
½ December 5, 2016
A hilarious dark comedy that has much more going on then it seems.
½ December 3, 2016
I liked it, the cast is great as usual!
November 29, 2016
Collin Farrell is great in this movie- super funny and well directed
½ November 11, 2016
A sharp script, confident direction and tremendous performances make In Bruges a delightfully cynical masterpiece.
October 24, 2016
mastered the subtle art of dark humor
October 22, 2016
Pretty damn disappointing
½ October 19, 2016
An incredible crime/comedy/drama, with great characters and equally great performances, particularly by Farrell and Gleeson, the dialogue is really good, as well as the psyche of the characters and their motivations, the score and the cinematography are also top notch. A great movie overall.
October 11, 2016
Absurd movie. Lots of graphic violence and gore. Good production values and acting, but the whole thing felt pointless.
October 8, 2016
Black humour and hilarious story!
½ September 22, 2016
sem qualquer duvida o verdadeiro "artistic thriller" dramático quanto baste para o humor irlandês não enjoar com banda sonora 5*
½ September 19, 2016
I had no idea what to expect when it came to In Bruges, but I'd heard good things and thought it was worth looking into while it's available on Netflix. What a brilliantly hilarious film! I was genuinely taken aback at how much I laughed while watching this movie. It is a dark comedy, because there is some serious stuff going on throughout the film, but somehow that just made the humorous lines even funnier. The genius really comes in the way that these dangerous assassins go about life and talk about the serious things that come with their job in such a casual way. It also helps to add poignancy when one of them gets genuinely emotional when he talks about a particular event that happened while on the job. This adds gravitas to that event, so that we know even in their world this is a big deal. Colin Farrell is ridiculously charming and funny in the lead role, which is impressive because his character lacks a filter, so he could be seen as a total jerk. Brendan Gleeson is perfection as the best friend that everyone would love to have. Every moment he's on film I just want to relax and have a drink with him. Added to all this is the amazing Ralph Fiennes who is playing a character that is comedy gold, nearly every other word out of his mouth had me laughing out loud. I recognize that In Bruges has a very particular kind of humor (and some very serious things going on as well) so it won't appeal to all audiences. My recommendation would be to try watching it and if you don't find the first few scenes humorous, then just give up because it's not going to get better for you. I, personally, loved the film and can't wait to watch it again.
½ September 18, 2016
I waited way to long to see this one.
September 10, 2016
It's everything you could ask for from a dark comedy. Farrell and Gleeson are a great odd couple.
½ September 8, 2016
A pitch black comedy with wit to spare and an emotional core that rattles the heartstrings.
August 29, 2016
Flawed and very dark, but funny and brilliant all the same.