In Bruges - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Bruges Reviews

August 11, 2017
A partly Tarantinoesque and predictable film that occasionally wishes to be a good one, but mostly fails to be.
June 27, 2017
A
A criminally underrated dark comedy.
June 24, 2017
Twisted my heart, made me laugh out loud at Colin Farrell and sad all at the same time!
½ June 18, 2017
Dark comedy, with heavy themes and poignant performances
May 19, 2017
This was a surprisingly good movie with exceptional acting, a strong plot, great dialogue, and a fair amount of action that blossoms poignant themes artistically.
May 6, 2017
Within a sharp script, In Bruges manages to bring comedy, but drama well into a story that takes place in a city in Belgium
April 24, 2017
In one scene, Colin Farrell mutters "you two are weird" to a midget and his hooker, and I feel like this quick exchange encapsulates the entire movie.

It's hard for me to get behind a movie that has no likeable characters, but the plot is so well-developed and the characters are so interesting (particularly Ralph Fiennes' character) and the comedy comes so far out of left-field that, against my better judgment, I really enjoyed this film.
April 22, 2017
This if it's Tuesday it must be Belgium movie kind of grows on you,especially if you have multiple premium channels?
April 21, 2017
1972's The Godfather Is My Fourth Favorite Film Of All Time And 1994's Pulp Fiction Is My Seventh Favorite Film Of All Time.
April 20, 2017
A very clever and hilarious film I saw again in Irish Lit. The film is so packed with humor it very much like a black comedy. A-lister mains Colin Farrell Brendan Gleeson do an excellent job delivering their material. The final third was brilliant, due largely to Ralph Fiennes's flawless performance as Harry, which needless to say steals the attention from our leads. He just has an intensity in his eyes, and a great grasp of deadpan humor and psychotic nuance, that perfectly fit the complex nature of Harry's character. Bruges takes on symbolic meaning as a purgatorial setting. Essential viewing for fans of the Irish arts.
April 16, 2017
A very well written film with insanely clever dialogue and great acting from the three main characters. Funny when it needs to be and somber when it's appropriate as well, this film is destined to be a cult classic of the future
April 12, 2017
"A man's got to stick to his principles." Extremely well directed, perfectly executed movie. This has got to be one the most beautiful movies that I have seen.
April 6, 2017
Surprisingly charming, brilliantly dark and very funny. The dialogue is wonderfully written and Farrell plays his part superbly. A film that is becoming a real cult classic. Well worth a watch.
½ April 3, 2017
Such an irony made comedy. Structure of the story made me send a huge applause to the writer. Start to like Collin Farrell. Took a look into Brandon Gleeson's filmography, gonna watch all.
April 2, 2017
good movie with a good story and lots of metaphorical irony. the pacing is slow but it has lots of interesting and memorable parts (2 viewings)
April 1, 2017
Just became an instant favourite.
½ February 25, 2017
A near perfect movie. Cast is impeccable. Humorous throughout while maintaining an extremely dark and foreboding feel.
February 12, 2017
Just remember: Harry was right.
½ January 18, 2017
I can't recall the last film I viewed in which I laughed so much. This film was such a breath of fresh air. Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeason and Ralph Fiennes were brilliant. Somehow this film generally is overlooked. Maybe as it's not your typical slice of a Hollywood film. My advice to all. WATCH IT. (Just be aware of young ears around you before viewing).
January 15, 2017
It's good movie to watch