Innerspace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Innerspace Reviews

October 19, 2016
After years it's still watchable but not that funny.
September 25, 2016
Fun, Fun, Fun and overacting is exactly what this movie needs and is. Groundbreaking technology make this great even today.
½ August 15, 2016
A fast-paced pastiche of 'shrinking' in scifi, an alcoholic Navy pilot gets trapped in the body of a loser Safeway clerk. More of an action-adventure comedy than anything else, it's entertaining without being much more.
½ July 25, 2016
Watch this classic 80s scifi
June 11, 2016
A really good movie. I remember watching it way back in the day and it was one of my favorites. It's a little long though. That would be my only complaint.
March 5, 2016
From a fresh original story to special effects, Innerspace is a 80s underrated film
½ March 2, 2016
A fun movie that is the perfect mix of science fiction and comedy. Martin Short and Dennis Quaid are entertaining together, and make a good team. (First and only full viewing - In my early twenties)
½ February 3, 2016
It runs maybe twenty minutes too long, but it's fun almost the whole way through.
½ December 28, 2015
Despite a few scenes where Martin Short goes a bit over the top, I really enjoyed watching this. A good movie from the 80's that is worth seeing if you haven't already.
October 30, 2015
Classic, funny, suprisingly rude and more than a little stupid. pure 80s entertainment
½ October 8, 2015
A crazy sci-fi comedy romance that can only be made in the 80s. Martin Short is very funny and the the movie is enjoyable with some nifty special effects. A fun ride in and out of the human body.

Grade: B+
September 25, 2015
Fun Fantastic voyage type of adventure movie. Martin Short is great as always. and why the hell doesn't Joe Dante work more?!!
August 3, 2015
With a strong cast and pure inventiveness, Innerspace has a great set-up and payoff throughout the whole movie.
June 19, 2015
a silly little flick about man's desire to explore the microbiological universe
Martin Short, Dennis Quaid, and Meg Ryan share ripe chemistry together
being inside a human being has never been so funny or gross depending on your taste of the scenario
Joe Dante still has that creativity with effects and actors
May 25, 2015
My favorite Joe Dante film and one of my all-time favorite comedies. I know this film isn't considered an 80s classic like "Back to the Future" but for whatever reason this is a film that I've always loved. In my video store clerk days, "Innerspace" was one of I always had on high rotation to play during my shifts. The script is by Jeffrey Boam, who had too short of a career but wrote some very good film, and Steven Spielberg produced the film, which is kind of a comic/action take on "The Fantastic Voyage." Dennis Quaid is shrunk down to miniature size so he can be injected into a rabbit, but when bad guys breaking the lab to steal the technology, he get's injected into a hapless Safeway clerk, Martin Short. Quaid established contact with Short through his inner ear and the two then team up to stop by the bad buys and safely get Quaid out of Short. The film is also greatly helped by Meg Ryan, playing Quaid's girlfriend and a plucky reporter working to uncover the story of technological espionage. The script is witty and clever, the characters are likable, the action if exciting, and the cast is especially good. I remembered most of the jokes in the film, but there were a number of them that I'd forgotten and still cracked me up; Martin Short in the doctor's office, Quaid telling Short how to fight or talk to women, Quaid psyching Short up to jump out of a moving truck or (SPOILER ALERT!) the way director Dante shoots the bad guys after they get shrunk to 50% just kills me. Director Dante also gets a lot of credit for creating a real connection between Short and Quaid, who are never actually in the same shot together until the end of the film. And this is movie that made me start a crush on Meg Ryan. I'd seen her in "Top Gun" and "Armed and Dangerous" and liked her there, but this was the film that really gave her the opportunity to show off her cute charm. Besides the main folks involved, you have a strong supporting cast that includes Fiona Lewis, Vernon Wells, Orson Bean, Kathleen Freeman, Joe Flaherty, Andrea Martin, Rance Howard, Chuck Jones and Dante stock company actors Robert Picardo, Wendy Schaal, Henry Gibson, Dick Miller, Kevin McCarthy, NS William Schallert. There's also a find score by Dante's regular composer, the great Jerry Goldsmith. And Rob Bottin provided some of the special effects. Overall, I think this is a classic film that should be better recognized.
April 29, 2015
Sujeito miniaturizado e viaja dentro do corpo humano.
April 15, 2015
Sci-Fi comedy really comes together with the starring of Meg Ryan, Martin Short and Dennis Quaid. The latter 2 mash extremely well and provided many serious laughs. When there was no laughs, there was great action!
April 9, 2015
Short just chews up the screen in this manic,zany comedy.
½ April 6, 2015
Middling entertainment.
February 2, 2015
InnerSpace is a wild, preposterous, entertaining movie, largely because of how relentlessly wacky the story is.