Into the Blue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Into the Blue Reviews

September 27, 2016
Hot bodies on display frequently in this movie from the lead cast. Nice diving underwater scenes. Beginning there's a plane carry loads of cocaine that crash into the sea. Paul Walker quit his job again and dream of finding the mother load treasure. Jessica Alba is his supportive girlfriend. Scott Cann is his best pal and he bring a hottie girl Ashley Scott he only knew for 14 days to visit. Scott manage to get his client's house and boat for a few days. Josh Brolin is the biggest so-call hunter in the area and Paul isn't on good terms with him. While out diving, the 4 discovered the sunken plane and some treasure. Scott and Ashley want to sell the cocaine but Jessica all against it. Finding more treasure, Paul hope to confirm and be sure he is the one who found it and be rich and famous. Scott assure him he have the money to let him buy the necessary equipment but actually he is broke like a dog. Some people are snooping on where is Paul diving and all. Ashley secretly copy down the location while the 3 are diving. Dwayne Adway, local cop and friend of Jessica stop by and check the boat while they are hauling the treasure underwater. They don't have funds anymore. Scott and Ashley secretly go out to fish the cocaine and try to sell to a drug lord in town but things go awry as it is reveal he work for the real boss who own the sunken plane. Now he force them to bring his cocaine out from the sea. Jessica is totally against it and back out. The trio try to take the cocaine but encounter into trouble when Ashley is attacked by a shark and later died. The boss doesn't care and want to see him. In his yacht, everyone is killed. Turns out Josh is behind it and he is also a drug runner aiming for the plane. Now he wants it all instead of sharing with the dead boss/partner. Jessica go to the cop friend for advise and he call Josh. They are in cahoot. Paul is force to reveal the location and he escaped right after. They have a battle underwater while Jessica manage to escape when Dwayne is killed by Josh as well. After the victory, Paul is still trying to get the treasure out but facing problem. Scott saw gold bars hidden underneath the ship and they strike it rich!!
September 21, 2016
Two hours of oceanic eye candy.
½ August 13, 2016
Honestly, not a bad movie. Only thing about the plot it is extremely predictable at times. Also, the film lacks a bunch,
June 10, 2016
6/10/2016: A pretty good movie with a great cast. The story was fun and interesting. Alba was wow!!
February 22, 2016
Similar storyline to "Fool's Gold" but I actually liked "Fool's Gold" better
½ February 20, 2016
If I wanted that type of lip I'd drop my fly.

Two brothers and their respective girlfriends get together in the Caribbean for the first time in a long time. The two brothers have a plan to become treasure hunters off the coast and get rich doing so. Unfortunately, they find a plane full of lost cocaine. When the man whose cocaine it is discovers they find it, they will stop at nothing to force the brothers to take them to their goods.

"Big storms bring big treasures."

John Stockwell, director of Turistas, Countdown, Cat Run 1 & 2, In the Blood, Kid Cannabis, Middle of Nowhere, and The Break, delivers Into the Blue. The storyline for this picture was fairly cliché with some great underwater shots and a red hot Jessica Alba. The cast delivers very average performances and also includes Paul Walker, Scott Caan, Ashley Scott, Josh Brolin, and Tyson Beckford.

"Don't hit me with a fucking chair!"

I came across this on HBOGO and decided to give it a shot. This is fairly straightforward but I enjoyed watching it unfold. This isn't an underrated gem, but not a waste of time either. I recommend watching this if nothing better is on.

"I told you to stay away from the plane."

Grade: C
January 16, 2016
Fun but predictable.
August 20, 2015
An all wet,tired plot sinks this tired thriller that only thrills when the credits roll and one can leave the theater.
August 10, 2015
"Into the Blue" has a 21% rating?.. i understand this movie wont come close to winning an Oscar.. but.. you have the Bahamas, the Ocean, Sand, Babes, Jessica Alba in a bikini, Paul Walker... this Alone should give this movie at least a 60% !!!
½ July 27, 2015
I apparently liked this movie more than most. Paul Walker, Jessica Alba and Josh Brolin do good performances. Great Scenery.
July 6, 2015
While it's a little generic, Into the Blue is an entertaining and sexy crime thriller. The story follows an aspiring treasure hunter and his friends who discover a possible shipwreck near a crashed plane full of drugs on the sea bed, and must work secretly to uncover the ship's location before others get to it first or the drug cartel comes looking for their lost plane. Starring Paul Walker, Jessica Alba, Ashley Scott, and Scott Caan, the film has a good cast. But the characters are poorly written and the plot is really convoluted. Still, there are some nice action sequences and the underwater scenes are beautifully shot. It's gratuitous and silly, but Into the Blue is also kind of fun.
½ July 6, 2015
There is not one redeeming quality to this movie
June 7, 2015
Only one reason to watch this: Jessica Alba.
April 18, 2015
May 23rd 2009
April 18th 2015
April 17, 2015
A really nice and fun movie I really love this one.
April 15, 2015
Good liked it as a kid
February 18, 2015
I love this movie. I could watch it forever.
February 2, 2015
Even Jessica Alba in a bikini for 90 minutes can't redeem this completely predictable wash of a movie.
½ January 29, 2015
Sexy, but poorly acted and a pretty dumb plot anchor this scuba thriller firmly to the ocean floor.