The Invasion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Invasion Reviews

½ July 5, 2016
I don´t know why almost anyone likes this film!
I really enjoyed it and everytime I watch it again, I feel the same feeling of goosebumps and suspense.
in my opinion is one of the best films about an epidemic ever made.
June 16, 2016
Second of two remakes of the classic sci fi flick The Invasion of the Body Snatchers, this one less faithful to the original than the Donald Sutherland remake.
½ April 5, 2016
Occasionally succeeds in its paranoid atmosphere, but the fact is The Invasion is a dull and unnecessary remake barely kept afloat by its compelling leads.
February 22, 2016
Did you really need this good class of actors to make such a bad remake.
½ December 24, 2015
The only thing that kept me watching was Nicole Kidman's beauty. I know that sounds pathetic, but if she wasn't in it, I would have changed the channel.
December 19, 2015
This horror film adaptation of The Body Snatchers was full of fright but lacked of any thematic themes and intelligence.
October 15, 2015
It may not be that intellectual or as psychological as it pretends to be but it oozes with an eerie sinister feel with just enough suspense & action to keep ya watching to see how it ends. I thought Kidman was brilliant in this.
½ September 20, 2015
The Invasion: While this remake of Invasion of The Body Snatchers has some more modern elements to it, and it does have some good moments, it never quite overcomes its flimsy plot. C
September 1, 2015
This looks good and creepy, not to mention a good watch especially with Kidman and Craig.
June 14, 2015
Not believable. Extremely corny.The acting an the part of EVRYONE was horrible. An overall oustandingly bad movie!
½ June 10, 2015
The Invasion is a slickly produced movie: the editing can be a little too much at times, but for the most part, it is a swiftly moving vehicleâ?¦visually. Sadly, as far as the story goes, there's much to be desired. This film's undoing is in the fact that the characters are flat and impossible to care about; as a result, moments that should feel thrilling or even terrifying feel dull. The film had potential, and there is plenty it could have and should have been, but The Invasion is devoid of emotion, making it difficult to even root for mankind in the end.
February 26, 2015
Seeing as this is widely viewed as a complete train wreck of a movie I was actually pretty pleasantly surprised. Yeah it's probably not quite up to the standard of either of the original versions of this story but they're not exactly 'Citizen Kane' are they so keep your knickers on. This is a pretty solid and enjoyable thriller, no more, no less.
January 30, 2015
I Got Tired Of The Crappy Try-Hard Nokia Smartphone (Product Placement-Advert) Popping Up As A Key Part Of The Storyline Every 10 Minutes. Most Viruises In The Real World Are Far More Virilant & Mutatative Then This Hollywood 'Kid & Mum' Save The Day Story Would Have You (Try) Believe.
January 20, 2015
No es tan mala como la pintaban las criticas , pero tampoco es una magnifica pela , en fin un film de suspenso que cumple su cometido , asi me quedo con la version original de los cincuentas que es incomparabe y en blanco y negro.
January 2, 2015
Great mystery sci fi/thriller style movie with Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman. A mystic alien epidemic makes people acting strange and violent and now they must find a cure.. Great acting and story , worth seeing.
½ December 29, 2014
Not my favorite telling of the classic Body-Snatchers tale, but entertaining enough...and I don't really care much for Kidman, so that's saying something.
November 28, 2014
Vraiment pas pire petit film !!!
October 22, 2014
Just for nicole kidman
½ October 13, 2014
This is the first time I've started to rate/review a film before it's over. Clearly not a great sign!

The reason is that 45 minutes into this film, about an alien infestation taking over human bodies, its forced plotting and generally abysmal scripting are too galling and annoying to redeem itself.

Actions have no consistency and the aliens make no sense. The humans are pretty vapid as well.

While an invasion film should be given some leeway, and the motivations of the invading force don't have to make be totally sensible, these aliens are just willfully annoying.

The four or so scenes around the 45 min mark are just full of so much bullshit and contrivance that it is all boring and uninteresting. Being able to see the strings and the puppet master so blatantly, and poorly, removes any magic from the show.

Carol (the main character played by an eager but let-down Nicole Kidman) heads to her ex-husbands house to get her son and keep him safe. Already infected her husband and the half-dozen people in his house grab her and infect her. Then, informing her that she will be converted once she falls asleep...they let her go.

That's it. They just let her go. Nothing she does or says affects her situation. She just gets away. Something that could be forgiven except that in the VERY NEXT scene as she runs away more aliens chase her down. In the VERY NEXT scene, still running to a subway car, she is helpfully placed among a few normal humans who are only acting like aliens. They conveniently break their facade to explain to her how to fool the aliens. Nonetheless they are all caught except Kidman.

We then follow her attempts to get to safety as she fakes having no emotions while random attacks happen in broad daylight on the street. Again, other humans posing as infected give her helpful advice. Lucky her.

Finally, still the same few minutes, her regular normal doctor friends have a theory as to what is happening and are trying to get to a safe military place. Oh, and they also figure out a cure pretty quickly. That's really great. I mean, there was no way the governments of the world, or any third-rate researcher couldn't spot the simple flu vaccine solution in the first 5 minutes.

It's so pathetically thrown together it just stinks of pointlessness. The film is one that, we can see so blatantly, is moving forward just because it has too. Aliens let her go, they attack in public and governments don't seem too pushed. No one is fighting back. It is beyond belief. Something that takes some doing in a sci-fi movie.

These are specific issues but so large they need to be addressed. The bad editing, drab action scenes and logic holes are painful to sit through. If you aren't really aware of why things are crap you'll probably just be bored by this film ,which is just as damning. I just can't get over how useless a film this is and how let down it is by issues that should be solved in the first draft of a script.

The aliens are the worst of nearly any film of this type. They move from gang attacks, taxers and murder to rational discourse, secret attacks and random attacks. All depending on what the scene needs. They just don't make any fucking sense. Absolutely unforgivable.

No tension, no drama, no point. Save your 90 minutes.
½ October 11, 2014
I wanted more thrills, but still got plenty of enjoyment.