The Invasion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Invasion Reviews

February 26, 2017
Really enjoyable. Way better than I expected based on reviews. A quality remake, IMO.
February 21, 2017
poor writing acting was fair
February 13, 2017
The original was the best. too much of NK complaing about not sleeping
½ February 12, 2017
LOVED IT on Netflix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 18, 2016
For what it was it was good. The cinematography was nothing special. There were a few genuine moments that disturbed me and that's hard to do considering my favorite movies when I was 6 were the Hellraiser films. Could have done much better justice to the "Invasion" name. Let's go back to Invasion of the Body Snatchers circa 1955.
November 2, 2016
This is an awful movie and Kidman sucks as usual. No redeeming qualities here and the fact that it is a remake of an excellent film means that the producer of this rip off should go to prison.
½ October 31, 2016
Not as good as the original but entertaining.
½ July 5, 2016
I don´t know why almost anyone likes this film!
I really enjoyed it and everytime I watch it again, I feel the same feeling of goosebumps and suspense.
in my opinion is one of the best films about an epidemic ever made.
June 16, 2016
Second of two remakes of the classic sci fi flick The Invasion of the Body Snatchers, this one less faithful to the original than the Donald Sutherland remake.
½ April 5, 2016
Occasionally succeeds in its paranoid atmosphere, but the fact is The Invasion is a dull and unnecessary remake barely kept afloat by its compelling leads.
February 22, 2016
Did you really need this good class of actors to make such a bad remake.
½ December 24, 2015
The only thing that kept me watching was Nicole Kidman's beauty. I know that sounds pathetic, but if she wasn't in it, I would have changed the channel.
December 19, 2015
This horror film adaptation of The Body Snatchers was full of fright but lacked of any thematic themes and intelligence.
October 15, 2015
It may not be that intellectual or as psychological as it pretends to be but it oozes with an eerie sinister feel with just enough suspense & action to keep ya watching to see how it ends. I thought Kidman was brilliant in this.
½ September 20, 2015
The Invasion: While this remake of Invasion of The Body Snatchers has some more modern elements to it, and it does have some good moments, it never quite overcomes its flimsy plot. C
September 1, 2015
This looks good and creepy, not to mention a good watch especially with Kidman and Craig.
June 14, 2015
Not believable. Extremely corny.The acting an the part of EVRYONE was horrible. An overall oustandingly bad movie!
½ June 10, 2015
The Invasion is a slickly produced movie: the editing can be a little too much at times, but for the most part, it is a swiftly moving vehicleâ?¦visually. Sadly, as far as the story goes, there's much to be desired. This film's undoing is in the fact that the characters are flat and impossible to care about; as a result, moments that should feel thrilling or even terrifying feel dull. The film had potential, and there is plenty it could have and should have been, but The Invasion is devoid of emotion, making it difficult to even root for mankind in the end.
February 26, 2015
Seeing as this is widely viewed as a complete train wreck of a movie I was actually pretty pleasantly surprised. Yeah it's probably not quite up to the standard of either of the original versions of this story but they're not exactly 'Citizen Kane' are they so keep your knickers on. This is a pretty solid and enjoyable thriller, no more, no less.
January 30, 2015
I Got Tired Of The Crappy Try-Hard Nokia Smartphone (Product Placement-Advert) Popping Up As A Key Part Of The Storyline Every 10 Minutes. Most Viruises In The Real World Are Far More Virilant & Mutatative Then This Hollywood 'Kid & Mum' Save The Day Story Would Have You (Try) Believe.