The Jackal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jackal Reviews

October 5, 2016
Superb performances by Bruce Willis, Richard Gere, and Sidney Poitier. Suspenseful and intriguing. Will leave you guessing right to the end.
September 29, 2016
18% critics, seriously?? You guys need to get off the freaking crystal meth! This movie is a rock solid four stars hands down! Terrific performance by Sydney Poitier! Also, finally we get to see the versatility of Bruce Willis as a bad boy villain, sweet!
July 6, 2016
15%??? What are these critics smoking? This is a GREAT movies and Bruce Willis gives one of the great villain performances. This movie definitely takes you on a journey. One of the great suspense flicks of the 90s.
½ March 23, 2016
Action slugfest in the sense of... slow and boring (sluggish). My least favourite Bruce Willis film ever. Richard Gere and his accent weren't so bad, but almost everything else in the movie (at it's very best) was mediocre. Rating 5 / 10
March 4, 2016
The Jackal is a decent film. It is about an imprisoned IRA sniper is freed to help stop a faceless assassin. Bruce Willis and Richard Gere give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow places. Michael Caton-Jones did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture.
September 13, 2015
The main flaw I found in this film is the "and they all lived happily ever after" except for Willis. It's a shame because aside from the lack of fatality it was an alright film but that factor has severely cost it hence only 2 stars.
½ August 14, 2015
A really good edge of your seat thriller
August 10, 2015
Enjoyable film but not sure about making a hero of an IRA member is very appropriate.
½ August 6, 2015
Meh. A bit of a plodding mess. Nothing really memorable here, but but I guess you get to see Bruce Willis in a bunch of disguises, and Richard Gere doing an Irish accent...
½ July 29, 2015
Certainly not anything to get too excited, although I think a score of 15% is actually quite harsh for what is a relatively entertaining action flick. The storyline certainly takes a back seat, as our lead characters intentions and motives quickly become somewhat unclear and generalised. A straightforward pursuit soon begins, although this is kept relatively interesting via the Jackel's ability to disguise himself and take no prisoners when he wants something done. The finale is considerably dated, although provides a watchable conclusion.
½ July 21, 2015
Unicorns have had more realistic day dreams than this film's plot.
½ July 15, 2015
Only just got round to seeing this. Wish I hadn't.
May 24, 2015
Even though calling it a 'great movie' might be too much, it is still a thrilling and enjoyable 'criminal chases criminal' action flick. The the 125 minutes runtime might be too much for most movie viewers though..
½ May 11, 2015
Drags most of the time, just like most of these 90s action/spy/thrillers.
½ May 10, 2015
More of a shoot 'em up than the original but that was in place of character development and the script.
March 5, 2015
Thank God, the actors are great and its worth the wait..
February 13, 2015
Other than the fact that Bruce WIllis plays a villain( quite convincingly though) here, there's nothing interesting in here. Jackal is depressing, sloppy, overly violent film in which Richard Gere is a terrible distraction and miscast irritation.
February 13, 2015
An excellent remake of the original; this is a wonderfully action/thriller, fast paced and real edge of the seat ride. I can even forgive Geres very poor Irish accent.
July 30, 2014
Good film not Bruce Willis best but still good
July 3, 2014
Intense remake that has some of the best actors in the game. A really good movie