Jackie Brown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jackie Brown Reviews

½ December 13, 2017
The epitome Tarantino charm and style, with commendable performances from all. Has some blaxploitation elements some will find nostalgic, and a neo noir flair most will love
½ December 2, 2017
QT, is, without a doubt in my crome, one of the pinnicales of American cinematic genius. This motherfucka knows how to belt out the coolest, creamiest slices of film, that go down like a smooth cocktail and a deep bowl of dank. Jackie Brown, Quentin's followup to my favorite of all time, Pulp Fiction, smoulders with yet another unforgettable ensemble, some of the slyist dialogue ever slang from the silverscreen, and a soundtrack that still rings in my head to this day. Dissapointingly, I was a little thrown off by the minimal or almost lack-there-of, of QT's trademark stylized violence. The idea of death was mostly just looming around the characters. Still a tight tight pic, with badasssss written all over it. I fuckin love it and you will too....trust. Go now and catch it, and be one of the cool kids.
November 26, 2017
Good Quentin Tarantino movie but not his best work but I still enjoyed it and his worst movie is still better than the best micheal bay movie and better than Steven Spielbergs worst movie. I thought the story was bland , the main girl was good but Keaton, he was ok. Overall I wouldn't watch this movie again but if it's on Netflix then I will.
½ November 7, 2017
the story about a man hustling with guns and stuff. He's treats his friends well if he must, but he can also use them for his own benifits. He bails out some lady, Jackie, and they are doing some jobs later. Many people are in the mix, and the result is a pretty huge money exchange finale.

This film has an amazing script - there are nice chatting and conversations all over. Great music lifts the movie a lot too. Great characters and few dull moments are big plusses.
The cool mixup is pretty confusing but still smart stuff. Most of the directors trademarks is here but this films lacks the last bit of punch for me. It's a bit long, but never boring. Sadly never that interesting either. I miss Jackson in this mode, he is brilliant here. The entire cast is, really.

6.5 out of 10 jeans shorts.
November 7, 2017
Such an entertaining movie.
October 21, 2017
Jackie Brown: Quentin Tarintino's thrid film is stuffed with plenty of wit and charm and is typically overstuffed. Boasting Tarintino's most mature story to date. With a talaneted cast starring Pam Grier and Smauel L Jackson.
October 11, 2017
Tarantino's weakest movie. Hard to get attached to anyone and really slow but a good story and well acted
October 6, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Un estilo muy propio de Tarantino, que es probablemente la única razón por la que mires esta película.
September 24, 2017
It is what it Quentin'ssentially is, but 30-mins too long. T'tino needs to get Gibson's "Payback" editor on his team. Then this would've sizzled as a faux black'sploitation genre vehicle. Good music cues throughout and a superior cast spouting plenty of fothermuckers & other urban street level dialogue. Forster seemed esp'ly good; Fonda's back from "True Romance," perhaps a better T'tino overall. | - Norm de Guerre
September 19, 2017
It's no exaggeration to say that this is every bit as good as Pulp Fiction. The cast of characters - played by a host of superbly cast actors - are just as engaging, and the plot is just as interesting, even though it only focusses on one story. Oh, and the script is just what you'd expect from poet and master of words, Tarantino. It's clever, witty, funny and as cool as the other side of the pillow.
½ August 27, 2017
I loved the music and the story. Great cast delivering great performances. I loved how the plot twists and turns after I thought I knew what was happening. Tarantino might have cut this movie down a little more, but I liked the slow pace and the restrained amount of blood and violence I have come to expect from his films.
½ August 18, 2017
It can't match Pulp Fiction in terms of overall quality, but Jackie Brown is still amazing in its own way. Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, and Michael Keaton stand out among the cast, but all the performances are great. Bringing the same smart dialogue, well-developed characters, and over-the-top violence as Tarantino's first two films, Jackie Brown tells a surprisingly relatable story, and entertains you the whole time.
August 10, 2017
Surprisingly calmer for Tarantino's usually violent taste while the form is still the same with stylistically clever, nicely-casted performance-driven storytelling, that's somewhat less crafty than his other works. His third film probably stand as his most enjoyable yet with the appealing choice of casting and being less violent. (A-)

(Full review TBD)
August 3, 2017
With pitch perfect dialogue, fascinating characters and great direction it's another solid win for Tarantino.
July 29, 2017
'Jackie Brown' is, typical from Tarantino, superbly stylish. However, the film - which remains excellent - misses greatness since its scenes, nearly all witty and astonishing regarded as a whole form, once assembled altogether, a slow film, due to their too numerous quantity which lengthens the movie and makes it even tedious at times. Shorter and sharper, the film would have been a sheer astonishment. However, 'Jackie Brown' remains stuffed with welcome cinematic references (starring Blaxploitation star Pam Grier), features a stunningly cool acting from a sensational cast, and has very compelling moments (especially the superb mall sequence).
½ July 28, 2017
Tarantino most underrated film with probably his most talented cast.
July 21, 2017
Great fun! Loved Jackie! Gotta read the book now!
July 2, 2017
****
Despite being the least 'Tarantino-ey' Tarantino movie, 'Jackie Brown' is also his first book adaptation - and he doesn't disappoint. Filled with great performances and fueled by an electric soundtrack, this is a highly enjoyable, well written crime caper that even those not a fan of his previous works can sink their teeth into.
June 25, 2017
La tercera película de Quentin Tarantino... No es tan sangrienta, un villano como Ordell es genialísimo. Quite entertaining :)