John Q - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

John Q Reviews

August 11, 2017
An emotional film. Proves how far a dad is willing to go for his child.

Regal Austell- With Dad and bro
½ July 18, 2017
Starts out really promising, but halfway through the film, the tone gets confusing. What a let down.
April 3, 2017
"Come on, I'll buy you a steak!" This is was possibly one of the worst film scripts ever made. They took a serious matter (based to some degree in fact) and reduced it to bad comedy. Some of the reputable actors in this film must have owed some favors.
½ March 26, 2017
Blunt and simple minded drama given the direction of a made for TV Chuck Norris, DieHard ripoff. Similar to something like Law Abiding Citizen ripping apart the legal system; poking holes in American healthcare is certainly a worthwhile topic but when it's handled with such a broad, black and white mindset, it comes off as pandering. Denzel s performance may be the only thing this movie has going for it.
March 22, 2017
There are very few films starring Denzel Washington that are anything less than good. John Q is no exception, despite what critics say. It's incredibly heartbreaking, and undoubtedly compelling material. Denzel raises the stakes with his complex performance, which is thoroughly masterful. From the subtle lip quiver when a cop tells him nobody cares to the waterfall of tears he sheds in the final act; it's one of his finest performances. Flawed by painfully corny dialogue in the beginning and tail end, there isn't much else to complain about: it's a powerhouse of heart-stopping drama coupled with a relevant (even over a decade later) commentary on the American healthare system.
January 14, 2017
It's not the film you see that often and it has a powerful message for American people.
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 15, 2016
great movie with an enthralling story and superb acting by denzel. his acting job was seriously amazing. so many intense and suspenseful scenes. they did a great job of making you root for him. so many heart-wrenching moments. there were also a couple of questionable parts and some cheesy/corny parts (about 3 viewings)
½ September 20, 2016
An interesting movie.
May 8, 2016
A mediocre hostage drama with a message delivered with all the subtlety of a bazooka is only validated by Denzel Washington's strong performance.
March 29, 2016
I loved it... Anything for your boy
March 28, 2016
A gripping drama with a fantastic performance by Denzel Washington.
February 12, 2016
What a great heartfelt movie!!!! Awesome performance by Denzel Washington!
January 22, 2016
This is the movie about real life, about real people. This could happen
with anybody, even if you think that you insured. Who are we? Home
sapiens? Zombies? Slaves of the God? Fellows? People? Nevermind. We are
mortals! This is 100% true. We are human beings with minds and hearts.
Keep this legacy all your time. This is very important to remember who
you are and understand a reason to being here near to other human
beings. Of course this is important to find the way, but the main point
is keep it right.
Sorry for my English.
Thank you guys for this movie.
January 18, 2016
This is probably one of my favourite Denzel Washington movie! It brings out so many emotions and makes you understand what it means to have unconditional love for your children!
January 3, 2016
I have been noticing a trend with Denzel, he is always better than the movies he is in (except maybe for Malcom X). This is no exception but its harmless enough that you can sit back and enjoy a perfect performance by one of the best actors of this generation and have a perfectly good time.
December 18, 2015
While the acting of the 3 family members is genius John Q is just a boring movie i was bored while watching it
August 23, 2015
one of my all time favorites