Just Getting Started - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just Getting Started Reviews

½ March 9, 2018
Read the review prior to renting. Was not funny, slightly entertaning. But expected so much more fRom the actors, considering who they were.
½ March 3, 2018
If you could give 0 stars this would earn it. Dire!
½ February 18, 2018
Tough to sit through
February 17, 2018
Uneventful and loosely scripted comedy by two old guys, tired and pointless.
December 28, 2017
Why does the movie Just Getting Started exist? Having seen this ghastly comedy, I can't for a moment divine why anyone involved thought making this movie was a good idea. The jokes are creaky and unfunny; the story is past its sell by date and the direction is clumsy, bordering on amateurish? What type of blackmail was required to draw Morgan Freeman and Tommy Lee Jones to appear in this film? What kind of blackmail was required to get movie theaters to make space for this movie in the same month in which Star Wars The Last Jedi is being released? https://geeks.media/movie-review-justing-getting-started?_ga=2.92719453.1126457623.1513947710-953607229.1513947710
December 24, 2017
had its cute moments but wait for it to be in local library to check out and watch for free. Not worth price of ticket and popcorn
½ December 20, 2017
Just Getting Started - Review (2017)

Gonna be real quick there's nothing good about this movie its a awful waste of time

Overall: Morgan Freeman go back to good movies

Overall Grade: F-
½ December 16, 2017
I actually wanted to see the show, the actors are amazing and I felt like this was going to be a movie definitely worth watching. About 10 minutes into the movie I came to the sad realization that this was going to be a very painful hour and a half of my life. The screenwriting was so bad there's not enough adjectives to begin to describe that, and I didn't know who to blame, the screenwriter or the director, after the movie I realized the same person did both jobs. I would never recommend this movie to anyone that I liked, And I'm not sure I hate anybody bad enough to encourage them to see this movie.
½ December 16, 2017
Even these great talents could not save a story as nonsensical, shallow, illogical and just downright idiotic as this one. Other than that it was terrifically unfunny.
December 15, 2017
when will these two has beens stop acting.morgan and tommy ,your great movies are behind you
December 13, 2017
Awful! Immature and not worthy of the talent the cast brought. Nothing redeeming at all. Don't waste your time or money!
December 12, 2017
Not an intellectual shooting star but a very enjoyable movie.
December 12, 2017
Lame. Terrific actors stuck in a hackneyed vehicle. A shame.
½ December 12, 2017
Freeman carries the movie. Tommy Lee Jones looks like a broken down wreck and it's not make up or acting. He walks through his part. Rene Russo once again proves she is a permanent back-up. The dialog is pretty bad. . . Bordering on sophomoric. The plot invented while the writer was showering one morning I think. No rocket science with this one. Finally, I don't know if Freeman realizes how much he resembles Bill "Bojangles" Robinson dancing across a Shirley Temple movie stage when he does his Limbo Warm up moves. Not recommended unless you have nothing to do and the ticket price is less than $8
December 11, 2017
Starring Morgan Freeman, Tommy Lee Jones with Rene Russo, Jane Seymour, Elizabeth Ashley and an appearance by Johnny Mathis with a script by and directed by Ron Shelton of "Bull Durham", "Tin Cup" and "White Men Can't Jump" how can a movie be this bad? The fact that it wasn't pre-screened for critics, opening cold Friday was sort of a hint that it wasn't good and it isn't. There is about one minute with a limbo contest between Freeman and Jones that may give you a hint of a smile but that is it! Freeman fares the best but that is strictly due to his persona.

I seldom, if ever, negative about performers looks but I have to make a few general comments here. Both Freeman and Jones are aging fine up to this point but of the women I wish Elizabeth Ashley hadn't appeared on the screen as I once thought this woman was beautiful but, to me, that's not true anymore. I didn't, gratefully, recognize Jane Seymour during the movie and had to check the credits out to see what part she played.

I am not just picking on the women as I am still shaking my head over my 'idol', for many reasons, Johnny Mathis! We are both the same age but he looks 20 years older than he should plus the two songs he sang didn't sound like the Mathis I know.

Sometimes a movie is so bad it becomes a cult film but this is so bad it should just disappear and never be shown again!
December 11, 2017
when you see big stars it what looks like a silly movie odds are it stinks
December 11, 2017
Arguably one of the worst movies of the year.
½ December 11, 2017
Really a 0 star review if I could give it one. I sat there for an hour and did not laugh even once before I walked out. These actors must have been desperate for a paycheck.
½ December 10, 2017
I honestly think this was the worst movie I have ever seen in a theatre. I jumped in on the first day due to the cast but as much as I love Morgan Freeman I despised his character; over-sexed, manipulative, self-indulgent, etc.... No one's character stayed true to themselves during the whole movie so even the one's I started out liking lost me by the end (except Tommy Lee, I liked him less but still had respect for him). So so disappointed. I still don't know what the point of this movie was past mindless entertainment. The plot was ridiculous and the characters were ridiculous. The best thing about the movie was the location/scenery.
December 10, 2017
A good cast couldn't redeem this movie. What plot there was, was totally thin and not developed, the ending was anti-climactic and it degenerated very quickly into one long senior citizen sex joke. I never thought I would say this about a movie that Morgan Freeman was in, but this one may get noticed by the Razzies.