Kangaroo Jack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kangaroo Jack Reviews

October 22, 2018
there are 40 million kangaroos world wide. ohio has a population of 8 million, therefore if kangaroos were to invade ohio each citizen would have to kill 5 kangaroos each. kangaroos will be the dominant life force by 2025 change my mind.
October 14, 2018
This movie is truly exceptional. I do not know why these 'Critics' have rated this movie so low when in reality it is comparable to Leonardo Da Vinci's 'Mona Lisa'. The movie plot isrelatively complex and i would not rate it as a family movie, as any child below the age of 12 lacks any form of wisdom to even understand the movie. However with my astronomically high intellect i can safely assure you this is a piece of art. The plot is about two men from Brooklyn, which immediately makes the movie unique as i have watched many movies in my lifetime and not one of the was set in Brooklyn. These two men have to fulfill a task of delivering $50,000 to a gang in outback Australia. However, a kangaroo accidentally gets away with the money and they have to acquire the money back. I will not spoil the movie as i am a man of morality. However i am proud to say that i have a copy of these on DVD so i would gladly rent it to you (i am not willing to sell as it is one of my prized possessions and i shall give it to one of my children once i have died) I also do not know how this did NOT get an Oscar for best picture as the winner for that year (Lord of the rings: Return of the king) has absolutely nothing noteworthy about it except that it was filmed in new zealand which is a really nice country that id recommend you visit. Back to the topic at hand, a single scene in Kangaroo Jack is better than the entire Lord of the rings trilogy alone. The scene where Louis and Charlie are singing 'Land down under' whilst driving really brought a tear to my eye. All in all, i believe it is a sin to not see this movie and if you dont watch it then i disapprove of your actions all past, present and future. Good day to you.
June 2, 2018
Hey kids, do you want to see a wacky family comedy about two guys who get constantly kicked by a rapping CGI kangaroo? Well, too bad because the kangaroo isn't the main character, he only occasionally appears in a pathetic attempt to justify the title, it's mostly two guys chasing him and you know that bit where he raps in the trailer? Sorry but it's a dream sequence that was only meant for the trailer. Instead, you get a mix between an unfunny family comedy and an unfunny crime comedy. Because surely, unintentional sexual harassment is what every 8-year-old wants to see in their movie about a Looney Tunes kangaroo. Yes, this movie is not as family-friendly as the advertising may have led you to believe. While the movie was released at a time when all PG-rated comedies were trying to be edgy in the wake of Shrek's success, the reason why it didn't work here because there's no subtlety. The script casually admits saying crap like "...make your testicles fall off" and "We're having a very intimate, non-gay moment". While children are going to learn about this stuff eventually, at least don't mention them verbatim. If Disney can write a song about an old man lusting for a much younger woman and wanting to avoid damnation without directly saying "Sex is evil and I am horny", then surely you can make some improvements as well, Warner Bros. I'll admit Christopher Walken was the best thing about this movie and I got a laugh in just one scene which for me was basically if the writers of Austin Powers made a kids' movie(?). The humour is terrible, the action is unexciting, the characters are generic, the content is VERY PG-13, the CGI kangaroo is nightmarish and not very convincing even when he's not CGI and this movie also has the most insulting special features I've ever seen. If you go to the bonus features menu on the DVD, everyone behaves as if the kangaroo is a big part of the movie. Must be some slow days for his voice actor. There's even a behind-the-scenes on HOW THEY MADE CAMELS FART!!! It says a lot about the quality of your movie when your crowning achievement in sound design was flatulence. Kangaroo Jack is awful!
May 17, 2018
Greatest movie of all time! Fuck whoever says anything else..
April 27, 2018
My fav movie ever! SO FUNNI
October 29, 2017
Kangaroo Jack is so terrible because it lacks an identity for who its made for.
jamrcla
September 23, 2017
Pretty funny, Deserved way more credit, Ok it was very silly but it was different and to this day it still makes me laugh plus the kids will love it even if there's little bits that will be abit strong for some up tight parents.
½ September 14, 2017
Comedy equivalent to road kill.
September 14, 2017
I've never heard or seen this film & I never will watch it.
½ September 4, 2017
This... is... GARBAGE!
June 11, 2017
This movie is so underrated. Its a gem of fun.
May 17, 2017
Not worth watching a boring movie with not a good plot
January 6, 2017
Bad movie but great memories.
½ November 26, 2016
Since when does touching a woman's breasts and making gay jokes qualify as family entertainment?
½ November 24, 2016
Kangaroo Jack was good for 1 huge laugh, which was where Charlie and Louis are laughing hard and hard then it transitions to Louis crying but Charlie is still laughing because Louis just realized he put $50,000 inside the red jacket he just put on Jack just for fun and so Charlie is hitting Louis like a punching bag for being such an idiot putting all that money inside the wallet Jack's wearing. And then after that, the movie becomes unwatchable dribbling nonsense.
½ October 28, 2016
Christopher Walken has put his name to some very weak films and he always seems to get away with it. This is one of them. A mafia comedy set mainly in the Australian outback with all the stereotypes that they can safely get away with and a stupid story about a Kangaroo that runs off with their money.
½ August 12, 2016
This movie is so racist, I was so offended. How did they even get the guns into the country, Australia has strict gun law? There are so many plot holes it's rediculous.
July 25, 2016
Barely any kangaroo. Misleading. This should have been an adult movie. You could have replaced it with a rock and the movie still would have went out the same.
May 27, 2016
One of those painfully unfunny "kids" movies you can't let your children watch for actually being crudely misguided