Kate & Leopold - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kate & Leopold Reviews

July 31, 2016
7/31/2016: A nice little romantic comedy with a twist. Can't go wrong with a Ryan/Jackman film.
½ July 16, 2016
Just awful. Turned it off 20 minutes in. Ryan was unwatchable.
½ July 12, 2016
Cookie-cutter Hollywood movie with the terribly bland characters, scenes and storyline. Nearly every character, from a NYC cop to Kate's co-worker, to ad execs are something audiences have seen 1000s of times. It seemed like it was written for 12 year olds, not adults.
½ July 12, 2016
I found it quite predictable and boring but Hugh Jackman was fantastic.
½ April 24, 2016
Kate, shallowly played by Ryan, is so shrill and unlikable to be convincing as a Love interest for Jackman's wonderful portrayal of Leopold. He, and we the audience, deserved better. Many good and promising ingredients could have made a better movie if only the sour flaws weren't present. Kate and her creepy boss J.J. are a better fit together but horrible for a movie romance. Saddling Leopold with Kate makes it bearable but leaves me wishing Leopold had met anyone else but Kate, an option the movie doesn't allow unfortunately.
January 15, 2016
Very sweet romcom with a very charming and cute Hugh Jackman, who made this flick.
½ January 2, 2016
Above average romance, with a nice scifi element for the guys.
December 18, 2015
Meg Ryan's character is so annoying in this film. She is so annoying that it actually distracted me from Hugh Jackman's character.
½ November 29, 2015
so,after some research I finally found out what happened with this movie and its rumored incestual content: apparently,in the ORIGINAL version of this movie,Lev Schreiber's character was Hugh Jackman's Great great grandson,making meg ryan's character his great great grandmother in the future-past timeline,and yes,Liev's character used to date Meg before meeting Hugh's character....I'm glad that they took that out,because for some reason,hollywood always has this obsession with incestual relationship for shock factor purposes ...(for instance,star wars...yikes) all in all,this is not a bad film.
½ October 17, 2015
I somehow manage to watch this movie so many times on TV. Meg Ryan' s acting is somewhat appalling and do not get me wrong, I have always adored Meg Ryan. Hugh Jackman is real fine!!!
August 14, 2015
Jackson steals the film from Ryan who is just going through the motion. better then expected, sadly the dialogue is quite bad at times
½ August 12, 2015
Actually not that bad of a movie
July 12, 2015
This isn't breaking any new ground here, but it's pretty enjoyable for the most part. Meg Ryan is just past her peak here, and it's sad that she hasn't done much since. Hugh Jackman, on the other hand, was just hitting his stride. Some of the time travel stuff doesn't really work, and I found Liev Schreiber's character more annoying than anything. But I like the fish out of water scenes and the parts when Leopold is trying to help Charlie out. This is the kind of movie that's not really good enough to buy but you might stop and watch it for 30 minutes if it's on cable.
May 18, 2015
This was very good. Not all movies to have a message. What is wrong with critics. It's just a romantic chick flick for crying out loud......... To me critics are just wanna be actors..........
½ March 5, 2015
Hugh Jackman need I say more. He made the movie.
February 11, 2015
Sweet idea with good casting, but there are a lot of questionable sidebars. Still I enjoy it.
February 7, 2015
Think of this as Pride and Predjuice meets Enchanted and you get this cute romantic fantasy about an 18th century bachelor who is transported to our world in 2001 and falls for a 21st century businesswoman named Kate McKay who just broke up with her boyfriend. You all know how this is going to end as the title says it all,but Hugh Jackman stoled this film as the charismatic bachelor who follows Kate's ex boyfriend Stuart(who is a scientist btw who created a time portal found under the Brooklyn Bridge)and like I said ends up in the 21st century and is stuck there for a full week with love blossoming for Leopold and Kate along the way. If you are like me a lover for fairytales and love stories then check it out,its a nice film to watch next weekend for Valentines Day.
My final rating a 3/5 and out of 10 a 6/10. This happens to be No 70 on my top 100 list btw.
½ February 6, 2015
I loved this movie! The plot and the characters captivated my attention and my heart. Love the costumes. Great acting. Had me happily blushing and at edge of my seat.
½ January 28, 2015
It's an overdone concept that the film does very little to improve upon. Full review later.
January 18, 2015
Ok it's campy I'll give anyone that, but I really enjoy this one curled up on the couch with my wife and some popcorn. Who wouldn't want to go back to a more forgiving time and place?