Kate & Leopold - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kate & Leopold Reviews

½ October 20, 2017
Complete and utter crap honestly.
September 5, 2017
LOVE this movie! Don't get the poor reviews by critics. It is awesome. Remember the first time I saw this . . . my first Hugh Jackman movie and he was perfect.
April 3, 2017
Cute. didn't think I'd like Hugh Jackmn but he was very good - maybe better than Meg Ryan. Her hair was awful. Guess it was supposed to be mannish, but it looked ridiculous. Guy who played her brother was good too.
March 16, 2017
It is somewhat unbelievable that an 18th century duke, would fall in love with a modern day workaholic woman, who is a bit of a. . . (rhymes with witch). Still, if you can get past wanting to smack Meg Ryan across the face during most of the first half of the movie, it's not all that bad. Hugh Jackman is charming to watch.
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 17, 2016
this was annoyingly cute; i loved it.
½ November 23, 2016
This was actually a charming film. Leopold proved to less or a bumbling idiot like they often make people out to be in time travel movies and more of an intelligent, worldly man. Kate was a strong, feisty, modern woman who was dealing with all the struggles that modern women have to face. It was a bit corny and predictable, but stil worth seeing.
½ November 17, 2016
One of the best guilty pleasure movies - Hugh Jackman's performance certainly makes the watch worthwhile with bravado and intrigue; so much so that he appears almost pleasantly out of place himself compared to the other actors. He is a strong enough pinnacle however to hold up this movie to a standard of charm. Kate and Leopold may lack some necessary depth but still remains a quite an enjoyable film nonetheless.
July 31, 2016
7/31/2016: A nice little romantic comedy with a twist. Can't go wrong with a Ryan/Jackman film.
½ July 16, 2016
Just awful. Turned it off 20 minutes in. Ryan was unwatchable.
½ July 12, 2016
Cookie-cutter Hollywood movie with the terribly bland characters, scenes and storyline. Nearly every character, from a NYC cop to Kate's co-worker, to ad execs are something audiences have seen 1000s of times. It seemed like it was written for 12 year olds, not adults.
½ July 12, 2016
I found it quite predictable and boring but Hugh Jackman was fantastic.
½ April 24, 2016
Kate, shallowly played by Ryan, is so shrill and unlikable to be convincing as a Love interest for Jackman's wonderful portrayal of Leopold. He, and we the audience, deserved better. Many good and promising ingredients could have made a better movie if only the sour flaws weren't present. Kate and her creepy boss J.J. are a better fit together but horrible for a movie romance. Saddling Leopold with Kate makes it bearable but leaves me wishing Leopold had met anyone else but Kate, an option the movie doesn't allow unfortunately.
January 15, 2016
Very sweet romcom with a very charming and cute Hugh Jackman, who made this flick.
½ January 2, 2016
Above average romance, with a nice scifi element for the guys.
December 18, 2015
Meg Ryan's character is so annoying in this film. She is so annoying that it actually distracted me from Hugh Jackman's character.
½ November 29, 2015
so,after some research I finally found out what happened with this movie and its rumored incestual content: apparently,in the ORIGINAL version of this movie,Lev Schreiber's character was Hugh Jackman's Great great grandson,making meg ryan's character his great great grandmother in the future-past timeline,and yes,Liev's character used to date Meg before meeting Hugh's character....I'm glad that they took that out,because for some reason,hollywood always has this obsession with incestual relationship for shock factor purposes ...(for instance,star wars...yikes) all in all,this is not a bad film.
½ October 17, 2015
I somehow manage to watch this movie so many times on TV. Meg Ryan' s acting is somewhat appalling and do not get me wrong, I have always adored Meg Ryan. Hugh Jackman is real fine!!!
August 14, 2015
Jackson steals the film from Ryan who is just going through the motion. better then expected, sadly the dialogue is quite bad at times
½ August 12, 2015
Actually not that bad of a movie