Kingsman: The Golden Circle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kingsman: The Golden Circle Reviews

July 19, 2018
Not as good as the first but still fun with a couple of beers.
July 19, 2018
A gleefully outlandish follow-up that ups the action of the original yet feels rather empty and shallow. It didn't have to be something groundbreaking or deep; the performances are enjoyable and a number of action scenes rock (particularly the ones with Pedro Pascal's character) but this sequel feels sporadic, weirdly lacking much of the energy and heart from before and its absurdities are more distracting than riveting.
½ July 18, 2018
Not as good as the first one. A little bit of issues. But overall, really good movie. Very enjoyable.
July 17, 2018
The Golden Circle still has the visual flair of the original, it comes at a cost however, as much still remains the same.
½ July 11, 2018
Awesome fight sequences that are ridiculous but entertaining. Lots of humor. Very long but it doesn't drag. Elton John is hilarious.
½ July 11, 2018
Great effects and acting, but the plot, script and editing sucked. What a shame.
½ July 10, 2018
There was s first one? Why?!
July 10, 2018
A fun movie but lacks the original flair of the first one. Still solid but dwindles in comparison.
July 9, 2018
Underrated, great scenes, beautiful cinematography. Love the angles and the smoothness of the panning shot during each action scene, really taking it to a new level. It's great, a few hiccups here and there, I rated based on enjoyability and rewatchablility.
July 8, 2018
So, I loved the first one of the Kingsman as well and I love this one. Though this might seem a bit old fashioned, I'm quite sure that most people who thought it was bad might be missing the point. This movie was Satire!! It isn't supposed to be a dead serious spy movie. Kingsman just refuses to take themselves seriously and I absolutely loved it. As for the brutality or the action/fight scenes, that's how Kingsman has always been. If you don't like it, okay, but I consider them fight scenes brilliant. They basically consist of inpressive long takes with expertly hidden cuts and the camera always follow the action. There's never any confusion of who is in control or what happens next. Also, the blood is mostly CGI, so it's not too brutal, I think. And that's the next thing this movie doesn't take seriously. Every yet so brutal fight scenes is scored with a song that doesn't entirely fit the tone, which gives us a little contradiction and is besides really funny. So all in all, I think the movie is beautiful to look at, the cast is marvelous, the score is brilliant as well and the action is entertaining. And as far as I am concerned, I love the humour.
½ July 6, 2018
I was not impressed at all. Who ever did narrative/story on this was terrible. Big pharma poisons all drugs in the world to hold the president hostage on legalizing all drug use....Fucking really?
The whole movie is bashing every drug user, offers no proper information on any of the subject just blanket drug fear mongering.

The whole redneck president wanting to let all druggies die, the massive push by the alcohol companies, specifically whiskey ones, on needing to drink, making drinking cool, casual drinking at every occasion, pushing alcohol as better than all drugs. Its massive demonization of drugs users is so in your face its down right offensive.

Special effects, fighting scenes, gadget's, sets, cgi was all to par but not impressive again. Its like ok, looks ok but again is so sub par you have seen much better in other movies.

This gets the lowest star from me because how much political/sponsored influence this had. I mean come on martial law and putting humans in cages stacked on top of each other in stadiums on the presidents/military's order.

We will look back on movies like this in future classes teaching about propaganda/influencing people through movies.
I do not even know what the target demographic was for this movie? Seems like maybe it was straight lace drinkers? Not quite people who hate drugs, def not drug users, not trump supports, not any type of political party, not big pharma, really just maybe whiskey drinkers?

So much stupid blowing of shit up, i imagine this movie could have written by the lady who shot her kids phones with a shotgun.
July 6, 2018
Over-the-top silliness that was quite fun in places. Eggsy (Taron) regularly drops f-bombs (as verb, noun, adjective, adverb etc.)....so freaking much that it was freaking distracting, if you know what I freaking mean, freak face. :P
½ July 4, 2018
Movie was all right but when they impeach the president the end it was a little too much I want to be entertained not have idiot politics in my movies
½ July 4, 2018
Very rarely do I stop watching a movie in the middle, but this is one of them. After 45min or so, I had to stop watching it. What a horrible movie and a complete waste of talent and special effects.
July 4, 2018
All the right ingredients and yet fails to deliver them properly. 3/5.
July 2, 2018
Inizio col dire che amo le scene di azione, le sparatorie, i combattimenti dei due film, veramente fantastiche. Film che a mio parere č sul livello del primo, bello e con un cast a dir poco spettacolare.
July 1, 2018
Segundas partes -casi- nunca han sido buenas. La premisa aplica para Kingsman: The Golden Circle. Diversión descerebrada, pero al final, un verdadero churrito palomero.
½ June 30, 2018
It was pretty bad LOL Could have much much better. I did love the use of County Roads in the movie, even though the Statesmen were in Kentucky and not West Virginia
½ June 30, 2018
This movie is so transparently trite in such an obnoxious way. This franchise was poised for longevity. Now it appears to be destined for wherever dead franchises go to die..
½ June 28, 2018
A fun action movie, not the strongest plots and nothing too surprising but a movie you can put on at any time and enjoy with a few enjoyable subverted tropes.