Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects Reviews

June 13, 2017
Late-era Cannon films offering has Bronson as a LA vice cop trying to bring down a pimp who abducts young girls, gets them hooked on drugs and puts them into prostitution. More than its share of sleaze here but has nice footage of the long defunct LA Cobras and Chicago Bruisers of the Arena Football League.
½ September 7, 2016
I really enjoyed this one even though I was under the impression that I had seen it before, and that was most certainly not the case, as I figure I would recall a young girl exclaiming "Some oriental guy touched my Holy of Holies!"

Bronson plays a (fairly racist) tough guy cop and it's fun to watch him dish out violence and torment a pimp, so I'd definitely suggest this one for a lazy afternoon and a few drinks.

Give that mother a spin!
August 29, 2016
Bronson wants to take out a pimp and doesn't really care how plus a weird sexual Japanese side plot just happens and doesn't really add anything of interest to the story. It's like they added it just to make the film show some boobs and have the film not seem like every other bronson police flick....nah couldn't be that??
½ July 28, 2016
It's like the writer was like "LET'S GIVE'EM ONE BACK!" This film would have been a hit in the months following the Pearl Harbor attacks.
½ January 20, 2016
Their ninth and final film together over a 12-year partnership, 'Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects' basically plays out as a Death Wish installment with Charles Bronson portraying Lieutenant Crowe instead of Paul Kersey, and being focused in anger both over child prostitution and that his own teenage daughter was molested by a Japanese businessman. Many would write this off as simply an exploitation film, but I love the fact that, like 'Gentleman's Agreement', it shows both that different degrees of racism are possible in anyone, but is also stoppable, as in seeing that a Japanese father cares about his daughter just as much as he cares about his own, he changes his own perspective. And the ending, that the criminal gets what's coming to him, is very satisfying, and makes many of Bronson's films such guilty pleasures...
½ September 21, 2014
Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects is a ludicrous and unpredictable guilty pleasure.
February 1, 2014
Your sexual gifts are few and bitter.

Lieutenant Crow is a ruthless police officer that plays by his own rules. He has been assigned to bring down a female child prostitution pimp. If the streets thought he was ruthless before, they haven't seen anything yet. Crowe has a daughter, and a pimp that sells underage girls gets no slack from him.

"I'd love to shove this up your ass but I'd hate to dirty my hands."

J. Lee Thompson, director of The White Buffalo, Messenger of Death, Death Wish: 4, Firewalker, 10 to Midnight, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, and Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, delivers Kinjite: Forbidden Subject. The storyline for this picture is actually better than I anticipated. The main character was pretty cool and the story unfolds well. The acting was solid for the genre and the cast includes Charles Bronson, Amy Hathaway, Nicole Eggert, Peggy Lipton, Sy Richardson, James Pax, and Juan Fernandez.

"You try me and you'll be back in mother India."

I DVR'd this picture because it starred Charles Bronson. I had low expectations for this film but it actually reminded me of a better version of the Death Wish sequels. This movie is still just an above average action picture; but for the 80s, this isn't half bad (trust me, I've seen some bad ones). If you're an action genre fan, this is worth a viewing but not worth adding to your DVD collection.

"Drink in one hand and breast in the other."

Grade: C+
½ December 27, 2013
Unpleasant and grossly misjudged, this movie confuses hardboiled and completely overcooked. A low point in Bronsons unimpressive late career and an awful note for Thompson to end his career on.
TheDudeLebowski65
November 14, 2013
One that really stands out for Charles Bronson is that he has had a great career playing some truly intense roles. His films are brutal, action packed and bad ass. With Kinjite: Forbidden subjects, he delivers yet another top notch performance in an action packed roller coaster ride where he plays a cop determined to destroy a prostitution ring that employ underage girls. Although nothing like some of his more memorable action films, this is nonetheless a worthwhile viewing for diehard Bronson fans. This is not a perfect film, but for what it is it's an entertaining ride that has all the ingredients of what makes a Charles Bronson special. The acting is decent, but what keeps the ball rolling is the usual performance that Bronson gives, which is of course the film's strong point. The plot is a bit derivative from a few films, but nonetheless if you're in the mood for an entertaining action film, then this is a good little film worth checking out. Sure, it has plenty of issues, but it's your typical Bronson flick, so you know what you're in for. There things that could have been improved of course, but if you enjoy Bronson films, then you won't mind its sheer cheesiness. By this time in Bronson's career, his films were increasingly tongue in cheek, and despite the serious plot of stopping a prostitution ring, the film does have its moment where its tongue in cheek and quite cheesy. If you see it, you'll know what I mean. Nonetheless, in the end it's part of the aspect of Bronson movies and that's why they're quite entertaining. Kinjite is a good film with an interesting story, and like I said before, delivers everything you'd expect from a Charles Bronson film.
September 10, 2012
Any film that has the hero forcing the bad guy eat a watch is my kinda film. This is one the last un-pc films that had reign in cinema from Nixon to Bush Sr. It's man's man film. Danny Trejo has a bit role in the film.
June 26, 2012
Reeling after the horrific molestation of his daughter by a Japanese businessman, Lieutenant Crowe must come to terms with his own racial prejudices as he enters the seedy underworld to hunt down the unidentified perpetrator. But Crowe is not prepared for the depths of depravity and sexual slavery that exists beneath the surface, pushed into an emotionally charged war of vengeance with all guns blazing against a savage urban empire hell-bent on domination.

also stars Perry Lopez, James Pax, Peggy Lipton, Sy Richardson, Juan Fernandez, Bill McKinney, Gerald Castillo and Nicole Eggert.

directed by J. Lee Thompson.
May 28, 2011
Bronson's 80s run of depraved and violent shock thrillers culminates in this, the slimiest of them all. The twisted subject matter is not treated with sensitivity, which is going to upset a good deal of people who see it. The movie's also leaden-paced and poorly constructed, with subplots that go nowhere and plenty happening that simply does not make sense. But to see Bronson at this age still rampaging through the baddies (albeit this time being an anti-hero himself) creates an adrenaline rush, and Bronson fans shouldn't miss it.
February 4, 2011
Yeah that's a Movie of my Choice!!! Bronson is the Man!!! Such a Stylish Morbid Movie with a Bombastic Soundtrack!!!
November 18, 2010
Kinjite actually has all the makings for a good exploitation flix but even though it's sleazy it plays things pretty close to the chest & a lot is implied...& Nicole Eggert should have been naked (I think she was old enough). She's smokin hot & I don't want to watch Blown Away again to see the goods. Bronson is a tough son of a bitch cop who uses a dildo on one of his suspects (like I said a lot is implied but still..pretty fucking ruthless) & makes another swallow a gold watch. Bronson isn't taking any shit while he cleans up the scum. This gets muddled down w/ a subplot of Bronson's daughter being molested (it's slight & really nothing) on a subway but it just enrages Bronson so much he won't deal w/ Asians. Not one of Bronson's best but for fans of his who like trash might as well complete the catalog
July 6, 2010
Girl A: "Some Oriental guy touched my Holy-of-Holys!"

Girl B: "Holy shit!"

Yup, you can probably guess the tone of this 80s Bronson vehicle: kinda trashy and "exploitative", a bit on the reactionary side and full of scenes of unintentional (?) hilarity. In the first five minutes, we get our Cowboy Cop dildo-raping a connoisseur of underage prozzies; by the end of the film, the viewer will have been exposed to lazy racial stereotyping, "underage" prozzie rings, kiddy-fucking, prison rapists, "honour" suicides, the arse-rapist from Deliverance, and Danny Trejo. The thing is, it WORKS, and rather beautifully at that (for a trashy 80s cop flick); whilst the themes thrown into the film might have "shock value", much of the really unsavoury stuff is made clear without delving into graphic detail. Throw in a suitably 80s soundtrack which suits the proceedings and you have a highly rewarding (if hardly groundbreaking) 97 minutes on your hands. Fucked-up in all kindza ways, but great fun, all the same!
½ June 7, 2010
Final collaboration of J Lee Thompson and Bronson, whose weary cop mirrors the output of Golan-Globus team at that time; among the last films of all involved. Respectable but watching Bronson rough up vermin is harder to pull off at age 68.
½ March 24, 2010
horrible music, predictable story and some japanese actors whose japanese sounds as bad as their english. if you're in the mood for an 80s cop flick this movie fits the formula.
½ March 1, 2010
Bronson as a LA vice cop trying to bring down a pimp who abducts young girls, gets them hooked on drugs and puts them into prostitution. Has nice footage of the long defunct LA Cobras of the recently defunct Arena Football League.
Liloh
February 26, 2010
There is always one thing to expect in a Charles Bronson Movies, violence beyond your fuckin imagination.