The Kite Runner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Kite Runner Reviews

October 23, 2016
When we wish to remain high, but we are cut down. When life we remain has its ups and downs, when you are constantly ravished with disappointments and victories. When we seem to come from higher places, we are naturally down on past events that our own fault. When life here is down, but we pick each other up. When we put others down when their presence from the past has brought disappointments to the people. When living in n the same country and having diversity of life, brings others up and some down. When we have to sometimes bring things down so other things could go up. When we have to show those whom we rejoice and love a reason to keep us up when we are friends. When we have to show those whom we hate a reason to stay down by holding them down and showing them a sign of enemies. When life here is too hard to live, when the country, living goes down, that we must leave. When we are naturally down, when we realize we are meant for down, and no use fighting. When we are down on others whom we have great shame for that we forgive and others we don't forgive. When nothing can shame us when we accept and live with being down and make the most of it. When we are not down when we are gifted. When others are naturally low down and dirty, we take a stand to such evil. When being down on our life we still give thanks to those whom are higher than us. When life couldn't get lower it does when we accept to escape evil. When being down we get strength from our prayer. When we know life at its greatest to know we are far from it that keeps us down. When we make the best of life when it's not that down as before, we enjoy the high moments. When what we do, we enjoy that makes us high. When others don't share such passions that put us down. When other things that puts us down and makes feel down we accept as part of life. When somethings naturally pick us up, when we share our passions together. When life has brought up so many ups and downs for us, that makes us good storytellers that we can't help but want to write some sad endings. When we naturally know some good and bad things must end to see it come down this way is not what we hoped for but accept when it's reality. When those whom we have seen high remain higher that make us down and lower. When we are down to being a servant for others whom we care about. When we don't mind going down on one knee and proposing to those whom we love. When our past that brings us down, we tell others to accept. We some moments we share when we are high when we found someone to share it with our life. When there is no reason to being down when we have the rest of our lives to live and share. When what keeps us down is a life we left behind for a new that we are unable to recover. When what brought us great gifts that soared us so high, we give thanks to by going down and praying. When we must go down to place where it all began, when we are called upon those whom need us, and want to see. When life has gone down when our country is no more, and taken from us that it's not longer recognizable. When forgetting has brought us up to move forward from our challenges. When returning, sad news and what we see brings us back down. When those whom are in desperate need to come up, start a new life we need to go down further to retrieve them. When they are our last family left that we need to bring ourselves up. When where we come says who we are, that make us look high up and know whom got us there. When those whom are down, know they are down when their belief keeps them there. When those whom are down, have no choice but to stay. When what brings us down is our own people and neighborhood perceptions in what they think of us. When what brings us down is ourselves in how we regard the sanctity of religion, human life and being good that we see ourselves unworthy of God, unworthy of a better life, unworthy of many things when we are unknowledged or unable to be like others. When we put ourselves down when others whom treat us less we accept, when they overpower us. When we are naturally down, when we have less than others. When we naturally pick those up whom others put down in whom they don't know. When we give a life for them to lift their head up and stop looking down. When whom we are because of our past, because of whom was in our past, doesn't mean we destined to be down like them. When fitting into a different world doesn't come easy to others as for some, when we go through this life unknowing, we accept being down.
October 8, 2016
Absolutely heartbreaking movie but it's so brilliant in every way.
July 18, 2016
I'm biased because this is the first premiere I ever went to. Premiere or not, it fearlessly sticks to the book when it would have been so easy to pull its punches and lighten it up.
February 2, 2016
Great Story. I think the creative staff did a great job of recreating a book. Very seldom can a movie do a great job of making a book come to life.

I think part of the success that this story had is that this is a story of the human heart. I think it has really made me realize that Afghanistan was a beautiful place, that has been torn by war for 3 decades. I pray that soon it is returned to a beautiful, peaceful place.

It has made me understand the Afghan's story and the Taliban story. I never understood why or how the Taliban treated their people the way they did, and still don't but think I have a better understanding.
January 30, 2016
Beautifully filmed, illuminating, and at the same time, with parts that were quite difficult to experience. GREAT MOVIE!
½ December 31, 2015
This film had me engaged right from the start. Fantastic characters, good story, and all around fine filmmaking. The casting is perfect and the performances are truly what makes this film so interesting. I genuinely wanted to find out what makes each character tick.
December 6, 2015
"The Kite Runner" is a gripping drama that tackles difficult content and gives us a glimpse into modern Afghan life. It also gives an interesting perspective into kite flying tournaments, which I never realized we're a thing. The film's acting performances are so realistic that you will forget that you are watching fiction. You will feel frustration and anger toward some of the actors because they are so convincing. The story is adapted from the 2003 New York Times bestseller of the same name to deliver a combination of heartwarming moments (the childhood friendship of Amir and Hassan) and heart wrenching ones (racism against Hassan, the portrayal of the Taliban). The highs and lows are connected by excellent character development and the theme of loyalty. I was under the impression that this was a family movie... Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it is a foreign language film, and even more when I discovered some of the content! A few details are suggested instead of shown to keep the film tasteful, but this is definitely a film better suited for mature audiences. If you are in the mood to have a good cry or to have your faith restored in peoples' ability to change and do the right thing, "The Kite Runner" is for you. If you are not in the mood for either of these things, stay far away.
November 9, 2015
The book is a lot better than the film because in the film they missed out some important scenes.
October 10, 2015
A beautiful adaptation of the novel!
½ October 7, 2015
As is so often the case, the film adaptation doesn't quite capture the magic of the book. It starts well, with the first act being the most compelling (the betrayal is just as gut-wrenching as in the book). However, the impending danger and constant jeopardy that is triggered by the Russian invasion and thereon after isn't really conveyed, as the tone is too quickly shifted with the move to America.
In short, this film tends to ignore the wider picture, skipping over the politics to focus on a rather smaller story (fascinating though it is). Films like Hotel Rwanda or Incendies have much more to say about class, ethnicity, and the sacrifice of friendship and innocence during conflict. It's a shame that these elements from The Kite Runner novel were not included, as it would have added context and gravity to the desperate situation the characters find themselves in.
½ September 1, 2015
The Kite Runner is a long film with moving material that just seems out of its place.
June 6, 2015
This movie is great for the reason that it give's up and interesting narrative that doesn't leave us bored out our mind with a damn well job acting as well..i mean near the end it might get sappy, but all in all it was still a great experience 8/10
April 20, 2015
i hated this book. movie probably sucked to. im not even gonna bother checking it out. this book was crap.
April 1, 2015
loved this the first time I seen it
March 6, 2015
Good book adaptation!
½ March 3, 2015
Tries to pull at your heartstrings and succeeds.,,,,good luck not needing a tissue at this uplifting ending.
February 15, 2015
this may be interesting
February 13, 2015
the book was too far better.
½ February 10, 2015
If you read the book first, stay away from the movie. If you haven't, then give it a shot. It's not a terrible movie, but doesn't do the book justice.
½ January 18, 2015
Historia de culpabilidad y redenciĆ²n , pero que peca de melodramatismo y poca verosimiltud , lo mejor las escenas de las cometas al inicio.