Knowing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Knowing Reviews

½ September 16, 2017
too many concepts put into one movie. also extremely illogical and over-dramatic. i honestly have nothing good to say about this movie
September 10, 2017
This is a solid science fiction movie akin to Midnight Special but jam packed full of action. I couldnt believe how this fast paced movie propelled toward the satisfying ending. I highly recommend it.
½ August 27, 2017
Strangely satisfying for a modern Nicholas Cage movie. $7.50
August 22, 2017
Everything was great,fluent and exciting but why the hell so a stupid end ??? Where the hell did the kids go ??? :D
August 9, 2017
An interesting sort of mess with Nicolas Cage.
July 29, 2017
Undeniably stupid, but what irks me more is how deeply cynical the whole movie is (far more cynical than I think Proyas intended) as its the kind of disaster movie that cheapens real tragedies by making them a necessity of "fate".
July 25, 2017
The accident scenes are intense but that ENDING???
July 24, 2017
A mystery that begins with an engaging and immersive premise and just withers away into the abyss, because it just has no clear direction. In the film's second half it's more concerned in wanting to be Invasion of the Body Snatchers and create a meaningful plot but instead of swimming strong it's actually drowning. The finale is patronising and just plain dumb. It does have one rather spectacular sequence regarding a plane that looks and shit pretty well.
½ June 23, 2017
You'll spend the first three quarters of the movie thinking

Please not the stupid, obvious ending...
Please not the stupid, obvious ending...

Not to give anything away, but you'll like this movie more if you turn it off three quarters of the way through.
½ May 30, 2017
This has an amazing concept. But it wasn't executed well. Imagine if this was done like Arrival!!? I hope this is one day remade with a good director.
½ May 21, 2017
Scientology propaganda. Horrible.
May 4, 2017
Great flick by Alex Proyas, I checked this out when I first got laid off from a major financial firm.
April 15, 2017
I thought the movie was interesting. Didn't expect the ending. What kept me going most was that I wanted to see what was going to happen. I don't think this is one I would watch again cause now that I know the ending, watching it is pointless.
March 21, 2017
Good, meaningful and timely story, but it was a little over acted.
½ March 20, 2017
Spoiler-Alerts... I think this movie is under-rated. A lot of people enjoy this type of movie with the mystery behind it. I saw that some people say it had an absurd plot & I bet if in the ending , the kids wound up on an alien world with-OUT the religious overtones , that word would not be used. In any facet of science & life in general , there are "anomalies" and those are always fun to explore!
February 22, 2017
Dammit. I was expecting a crappy Nic Cage movie and instead got a decent Nic Cage movie. The benefit of going in with low expectations.
February 12, 2017
"Knowing" starts out with an astounding premise that ultimately falls apart due to the plot's frantic and absurd final half-hour and senseless twist ending.
February 11, 2017
This movie got 4 stars from Roger Ebert, but was liked by few others. I've taken chances on Roger before like this, and was never disappointed. Likewise for "Knowing." Not 4 stars, but a nice piece of paranoid entertainment, with a couple of astounding disaster sequences to boot. However, best not to ponder too long on some of the absurdities. Just enjoy the ride.
½ February 11, 2017
I Just watched this and thought it was a fantastic movie. Interesting twist for a revelations story and very entertaining.
February 9, 2017
This movie is a scientists orgasm... I love it.