Knowing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Knowing Reviews

February 12, 2017
"Knowing" starts out with an astounding premise that ultimately falls apart due to the plot's frantic and absurd final half-hour and senseless twist ending.
February 11, 2017
This movie got 4 stars from Roger Ebert, but was liked by few others. I've taken chances on Roger before like this, and was never disappointed. Likewise for "Knowing." Not 4 stars, but a nice piece of paranoid entertainment, with a couple of astounding disaster sequences to boot. However, best not to ponder too long on some of the absurdities. Just enjoy the ride.
½ February 11, 2017
I Just watched this and thought it was a fantastic movie. Interesting twist for a revelations story and very entertaining.
February 9, 2017
This movie is a scientists orgasm... I love it.
½ February 7, 2017
An all-around wonderful experience, Alex Proyas' Knowing delivers a nearly perfect blend of popcorn-munching entertainment, terror, suspense, and drama. It's superbly paced, well-acted, fabulously directed, and delivers plenty of spine-tingling and thought-provoking moments.
February 4, 2017
This movie was pretty good
½ February 4, 2017
Worst ending I've seen in a long time. Could've been a great movie, but SUCH a lame ending. No creativity at all. The ending actually ruined the movie!
½ February 3, 2017
The acting is sooooo bad. I cringe every time Cage is on the screen in this movie. The girls mom is just as cringe worthy. It is beyond me how this has such a high rating on netflix. The masses are brain dead.
January 22, 2017
Not a good movie. The cast and the plot were terrible.
October 23, 2016
After I saw this movie I made a bomb shelter and protested at George Bush rallies from when this movie came out to about 3 weeks ago. The little kid in this movie is just awful, I will say that but besides that Nicholas really just knocks it out of the park with this outstanding 9/11 Documentary. There was so much that i didn't know about the attacks done by our own government that nicholas cage brought to light. I tried to show this movie to my catholic youth group at the rec center but a kid killed himself so we had to call the police. Guess the cage can really get to people! \_(?)_/
½ September 16, 2016
Watched for 2nd time 2016-09-16 (no date recorded for first time)
September 14, 2016
A solid 3 out of 5 movie with a few 5 out of 5 ideas in it. Definitely worth watching.
August 26, 2016
Not really sure what I just watched.
August 17, 2016
My all time favorite
August 12, 2016
This movie was amazing. No idea why the bad reviews. Cages best movie.
July 28, 2016
Errrrr, OK, I guess.....

6/10
jamrcla
½ July 18, 2016
Abit of a lackluster ending but a gripping film, The effects were ok the story was good and different, On the whole an entertaining film.
June 3, 2016
I've watch "Knowing" a few years back, rewatched it on Netflix, decided that it was so bad that I have to write a review down to warn people to STAY AWAY from this movie. (And I'll even use proper English, instead of some weird number code, wink wink.)

Knowing is about some weird alien plot to steal children of Earth during the apocalypse. The movie have no highlights, no action sequence, no life lessons (except implying that maybe god and angels are all aliens, a bunch of cold hearted, uncaring overseer). And absolutely nothing to look forward to, except maybe Nicolas Cage if you're a fan.
½ April 24, 2016
The trailer for this movie actually gave it a decent looking plot and a cool idea, which was somewhat right, but failed to show us all the things that broke it. The idea of all the dates of disasters that killed a large number of people on a found piece of paper is cool and original for sure, and if done correctly could have been really cool actually. But instead we get this... I've never been a fan of Nick Cage, although he has been in some decent movies, however hear he's yet again just kinda blah with less than impressive acting supported by a unimpressive script. The weird as hell creepy guys that followed their families around and eventually took their kids turned out to be aliens that we're looking for humans to continue the race I guess. Yes, ALIENS. Where the hell did that come from, because it totally ruined a bad movie, and made the ending one of the stupidest plot twists ever. The scary aspects of the movie weren't overly scary, but were creepy and just had us asking what was even going on. The rocks that were given by the aliens and that were in the camper were never explained, they were just kinda there and marked where the ship would be coming is my best guess. The CGI for the disasters wasn't amazing but not total crap, the plane crash was pretty cool I'll admit, the train less so as it was just kinda outta control, but the fire effects were just garbage. There's literally so much wrong here that I'm forgetting it, simply because I can't fill my brain with that many prove kms happening in such a short time. I watched this purely out of the idea of having all the dates of oncoming disasters being found and witnessing them happen, but instead found aliens, the end of the world, crazy demon kids from horror movies, the world catching on fire, child abduction, and too much time with Cage. Feels like a toned down 2012. Has a good laugh at times I guess.