Kung Fu Panda - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kung Fu Panda Reviews

March 18, 2018
"Kung Fu Panda" managed to win me over. It is a charming animated movie, with beautiful messages,great action scenes and so many little silly moments. It was fun and yes at times it was kinda silly, but at the end its message was clear and loud. You are who you are meant to be. Its Chinese roots managed from keeping this movie going rogue. "Kung Fu Panda" is super fun yet so satisfying.
March 14, 2018
so kung-fun-tastick!
½ March 12, 2018
everybody get kung fu fighting!
½ March 12, 2018
Eastern culture is depicted very beautifully and majestically - it is always interesting for the Western viewer
½ March 7, 2018
guys, kung-fu panda is classics
February 27, 2018

"Kung fu Panda" consigue ofrecer acción, diversión, y emotividad en un combo gracias a sus carismáticos personajes a los que sus tan bien carismáticos actores dan sus voces, un dinamismo visual soberbio y su efectivo slaptick así como magnificas coreografías de artes marciales, que elevan el filme aunque este a veces caiga en terrenos ya conocidos.
January 30, 2018
They did a good job with the kung fu WRITING before the kung fu FIGHTING! It's a really clever action comedy movie with great humour, characters and a spectacular martial arts storyline.
Po is one of the most likeable characters in DreamWorks history, and Kung Fu Panda is one of the very best films in DreamWorks history too.
I'd recommend it for all ages. It never gets old.
January 20, 2018
It's great, colourful, energetic, funny... but ending is a pure Deus Ex Machina and it's never a good thing
January 10, 2018
I like movies like these, they are funny, maby exciting and have a message to give to the people who watch these movie, I will not tell you what is the message, you will have to watch and see , great movie for kids, my nephew liked it and he is 10 years old.
½ December 27, 2017
I'm not (or was not?) a cartoon enthusiast. Doesn't matter. This is a very balanced movie, with action, humour and a very empathetic set of characters. The story is well designed and runs well.
It seems here to demonstrate how a good movie for kids can be designed to be inteesting for any age.
November 24, 2017
I've watched this movie so many times I lost count. I still remeber watching it the first time, with my family, late at night. I strognly advise anyone who hasn't seen it to give it a go!
November 19, 2017
After various 3D animated movies ranging from lacklustre "star" movies ("Madagascar"), boring tripe ("Shark Tale", "Bee Movie"), and over-rated, over-hyped overkill ("Shrek"), Dreamworks can finally be proud of a truly great film. (Sidebar: I actually enjoyed "Flushed Away" and "Over The Hedge".) First, the bad. If I could complain about ANYTHING it may be a few of the voices. Besides Po, Shifu and Oogway, the rest of the cast seemed pretty 'phoned-in'. Thankfully, those characters are pretty inconsequential so they're not really missed.

Now the good... or rather great. While classic kung fu movies are poked fun at, Kung Fu Panda does an excellent job of treating the genre with great respect in a movie geared towards kids. And while it IS kid friendly, it is not dumbed down to the point where it's childish. All the classic elements of those great kung fu flicks are there, while still keeping it pleasantly G-rated.

Let me get this out of the way: this movie has some of the greatest 3D animated fight scenes. Ever. What elevates them from good to great is that while I expected the unbelievable, gravity-defying stunts that are REQUIRED of a good kung fu movie, there is an amazing amount of 'realism' to the physics in this movie. Just watch the jailbreak and you'll understand.

Speaking of animation, the cinematography, character design and backgrounds are all done very, very well. Whether it's flying through the air alongside a leaping character, the painting-like backgrounds, or the wonderful opening sequence (reminiscent of Samurai Jack), they're all beautiful. Snap zooms, slow-motion, and flying cameras are also used with great skill to further the experience.

Even the music and sound is outstanding. Asian drums rumble in the background of intense fights... stones shatter and crumble away... fight sequences rise and fall with each of the music cues, or is that the other way around? Beautiful.

What helps make this a new classic in my eyes is what it doesn't have. There are no Matrix, Spiderman, or other dated references. There are no inside jokes related to the voice actors. There isn't even any double entendre or unnecessary crude humour. Much like "Finding Nemo" or "Monsters Inc", there's just plenty of pop-culture-free goodness that is terribly entertaining.

The last great part of this movie is often the most overlooked part of a good family film... heart. This movie has oodles of it. Other movies have tried to have a lesson in the end like 'be yourself' ("Shrek"), or 'the value of friends' ("Madagascar"), or... 'be yourself' ("Shark Tale"), but "Kung Fu Panda" has genuine cinematic moments with dialogue that carries real weight. Best line: Oogway regarding yesterday, tomorrow and today.

So, finally, as a complete sucker for Pixar animation, I'm glad that another animation company can actually put proper thought and execution into a FAMILY movie. What else can I say? Congratulations Dreamworks. 10 out of 10.From the very beginning, Kung Fu Panda had me practically falling out of my seat --- laughing. It was the perfect blend of comedy, heart, and action, all necessary elements in a successful and great animation/CGI film, in the tradition of The Incredibles and (less action, but containing the heart and laughter) Ratatouille, Finding Nemo and Monsters, Inc.

I took my wife and nephew and niece to see it on a Friday night and they enjoyed it, too! We were totally laughing, smiling, and guffawing at Po, the main protagonist (voiced by Jack Black) and his misadventures at becoming a Kung Fu expert. This was certainly a flawed character, one that a lot of people can relate to because he dreams, he's funny, and he can laugh at himself. Also, the story was pretty clear and easy to follow because the storytelling was well crafted, and the animation was paired well with characters brought vividly to life by some of the most famous names in Hollywood.

Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman are downright excellent as the main characters, and Ian McShane as the bad dude gave it the right fearful presence. Other big name stars don't shine as much, but that's because their roles are rather limited in the film. But that's still okay because the animators should be given equal credit (if not more) for delivering the funny, action and heart elements of this movie in an effective, amazing and (I've got to use this) AWESOME manner. Visually, this movie is stunning (notice all those scenic shots of the Chinese mountains, bodies of water, and the bridge scene; not to mention the action animation version of "The Matrix" with slow-mo)... simply a delight to watch.

It's clear that Dreamworks has gotten back in the animation game with Kung Fu Panda, after slight ho-hums in Shrek 3 and Bee Movie (call me crazy, but I liked Over The Hedge more than those two). Hopefully, it should earn well over $500M worldwide because it is so good.

This movie rightfully belongs in the top animation movies of all time (okay, let's not include the classic fairy tales of old; let's begin with the 90's onwards), alongside my faves "The Incredibles" "Finding Nemo" and "Beauty & The Beast." Has the makings of being a classic.

My wife and I enjoyed it so much that we saw it again the night after. And maybe another time... haha!

November 10, 2017
(5.0 out of 6)
Kung Fu Panda
When we don't see what is the driving force to our power when how we understand our abilities and others abilities we know we don't have the touch. When we see others see power is there's to touch and own for greater power. When we see power must be contained so it doesn't become to destructive in whom owns it. When we see power is an achievement we strive for and train to get greater power. When we see power as merely something we don't have when we don't wish to have it but just be around it. When how we see power we either have the touch or don't have the touch when unlocking its secrets requires no power at all. When some secrets power holds is merely what drives it when it's the vary thing that moves us all or some. When we see power is only meant for 1 when not everyone is the same to hold the same power but those who hold unique abilities we don't see yet. When we wish to hold power to gain greater power, we only see power in what we don't posess. When some powers we unlock we hold onto when it's grudges and revenge. When we hold other powers when we unlock many of its secrets we use against others as they used on us. When we don't always see what some powers hold when it's hard to see, that we don't know what powers we hold when we don't believe we hold it. When we can have all there is needed to hold powers and believe we are the one, when power doesn't wish to be held by just anyone only those who see it's goodness to use it to defend what is right and protect what has no power. When we see holding all powers we require to look a certain way, when various ways of using powers drives us to be the vary thing we look at. When we see power has its limits, when it can't get past the vary thing it can't defeat, no power. When we see we had a different type of power all along when it was no power at all that defeats the powerful. When we finally see who we are and what we hold, we see another power we never could see before love & togetherness.
November 2, 2017
Kung Fu Panda: A brightly colorful and family frendily action packed film. While its message is well known Kung Fu Panda is funny, smart and fun.
October 28, 2017
yet another boring 3D animation
October 15, 2017
Andy Panda Saw This With Papa Panda When It Came Out.
September 29, 2017
So I saw part of it and it was not entertaining and I didn't really consider it a martial arts movie which I figured it wouldn't be so I'm not for this movie
September 21, 2017
I gotta tell ya, this movie right here is another achievement from DreamWorks! It is among my second favorite movie from the studio for several reasons. One, the characters. They all present an amazing presentation throughout the film. Two, the animation. For a DreamWorks movie, you can tell they really put a lot of care into the animation of this movie. This is especially certain with the fight scenes. And that's another thing, too, the fight scenes are just stunning! They really steal the show here. Clearly they put lots of time into these scenes, making them truly the meat of the movie. From the opening scene of the movie, which is among one of my favorite opening scenes in any movie, to the final battle with Po and Tai Lung. They're also very fast paced and super exciting. The comedy also plays an important role on this movie. It is filled with moments that will make you laugh. The story is something I feel is quite familiar. It isn't bad by any means, in fact it's actually pretty good, but it isn't the best I would say. But overall, I give this anywhere around 9 or 9.5 out of 10. It really may not compare to Wall-E, but it's still an amazing and entertaining movie! It's my second favorite DreamWorks movie behind Shrek!
August 31, 2017
cool And it has great argument